What's new

Name the best Anime you have seen!

I just watched Voices of a Distant Star the other day in Japanese (with English subs) and I understood some words! :) Great to see/hear progress while watching cool stuff

Code geass. Full metal alchemist brotherhood. Clannad..... Oh wait that's too many. Lol. I think code geass is my first fav.

it's pretty hard for me to find any military anime without giant robots that I would like - and Black Lagoon is the best I've seen so far

Legend of the Galactic Heroes!

Though, there are times when I think I prefere Rorouni Kenshin Trust & Betrayal...

Pretty much all the anime I watch are good. I don't watch that much XD but right now, my favorite is Kyoukai no Kanata...It's really funny.

Hunter x hunter is my best aime .........the charecter of killua is so cool
the story is wonderfull too

I agree with people who said Ghibli's Hotaru no Haka (Grave of the Fireflies) is the best movie. It's really touching that I cried everytime I watch it. The art may look a bit dated now, but it really suits the story setting.

As for series, since I love stories that are deep and meaningful, I find Mushishi to be the best anime series I've ever known. The art is amazing, the music is perfect, and each episode is a life-lesson story. Oh, I also love that not every story ends up in a happily-ever-after ending. It makes it more realistic to me (well, we doesn't live in Disneyland, lol).

I love too many of them to choose a 'best'.

I'll just name one for now: Psycho Pass

Anyone seen Psycho Pass? It's amazing, if you haven't yet seen it then you should definitely check it out.

I think I gotta say Fate/Zero. It was one of the first animes I watched and is what really got me hooked into it.

Out of the current shows, that's pretty hard. I'm of course enjoying Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works, Akame Ga Kill, Log Horizon, and Lord Marksman and Vanidas. A whole lot more actually, but I tried to narrow it down.

Something I just remembered...I always really liked My Neighbor Totoro and Nausicaa a lot growing up. I'd love to re-watch them soon.

Which is your favorite Animテゥ movie or series? Post it here!

The best movie i've seen is probably "Ghost in the Shell". While the story is nothing out of the ordinary, the whole atmosphere of this movie gave me the chills. The beautifull scene's combined with the sometimes moody, sometimes bombastic music have truely moved me.

Oh, and if you're a fan of the movie "The Matrix" and you haven't seen "Ghost in the Shell" yet, then you're in for a surprise. You'll never look at "The Matrix" in the same way again after seeing this.

Peter

I don't know "Ghost in the Shell " although I"m a Japanese. I suppose that "Crayon Shin-chan" is the best. I've loved this animation since my childhood. When I was a child, I liked it because it was a good comedy.

Now I love Shin-chan because it is very moving. It teaches me the importance of family and friends. I'm often moved into tears when I watch the movie of Shin-chan.

I strongly recommend you to try it!!!

Ok, bit cheezy but for me the best anime in my life has been Dragonball. Simply because I watched it when I was about 13 years old and I found it totally amazing. Just such good memories about that series. As for my more grown-up taste, I guess I'll stick with the cliches and say that I totally love Naruto and One Piece :')

I don't watch anime or read manga's regularly since the year 2000. BUT!!!!!
Hokuto No Ken is THE MASTERPIECE of regular Japanese manga/animation. FOR ME!
I have everything who a HNK lover could wish (and I would sell it only for 50,000 USD AT LEAST! lol).
Nowadays animations are sick as f*ck...HNK is a Romance compared to anime like: Blood C or Corpse party... these anime show how JP people are fu*ked up in the head...
And they spit on Koreans that they are sick... really funny... it's exactly like "The pot calling the kettle black" Lololol!

Then, there is...Miyazaki! The elite of animation WORLDWIDE. Spirited Away is something OVER A MASTERPIECE! It is so spiritual and you have to watch it several times IN JAPANESE to fully understand it.

p.s. Hokuto no ken's OST is awesome. Said by a composer/sound engineer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom