What's new

Name the best Anime you have seen!

I love Kara no Kyoukai (The Garden of Sinners )! I love the story and the those characters! The fighting scenes are terrific!

Having started reading the thread I was like what... o_O
And then I looked at the date... another what... anyway:
I don't mention anime as the best but by the one that had the biggest impact on me. It was Death Note. Anime is definitely better than manga. Worth recommending!

Was into tokusatsu/sentai shows, not much of anime during my childhood days.

However, the one etched so deeply into me and made me fell in love with Japan is Macross Frontier. After that, i've never looked back. 🕺

Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star). Made in 1986 but still very popular all over Japan today... 25 years later!!!

Awesome fight scenes, some of the best lines in any film (Omae wa mou shinderu!) and the first ultra-violent cartoon I ever saw that didn't feature an unusually fast bird and a hungry coyote!

I love pretty much anything by Rumiko Takahashi, with my favorite being Ranma 1/2. A bit of a classic, but I still love it :D

Hmmm...

I only started watching anime in July 2009, but I already have a heapd of favorites. They are in no specific order.

1. Puella Magi Madoka Magica - This anime takes a new spin on the Magical Girl genere. I was really sad that it was only 12 episoes long but three managa adaptions (two which are spin offs) have helped to continue and promote the franchise. This anime seems really cute in the first few episodes... until a main chara dies violently. That is the point you realise you are watching something compeltley different from the typical Magical Gil anime.
  2. Lucky Star - I just love this because I am so like Konata. I play dating sims, buy excesive amounts of manga and stock up on reward points. I don't reccomend the manga, but the anime is hilarious.
  3. Azumanga Daioh - Pretty much the same as Lucky Star. A school slice of life and while it is a few years old now, I don't regret watching it.
  4. Angel Beats - This anime grew on me, and I was sobbing into my blanket at the end. I watched it all in one day, and I dont regret it. It is confirmed for a second season, and I do not doubt that I am going to have my heart pulled out, twisted and pushed back into me again, because thats how sad I was. But still, it is a very sweet story and later romance.
  5. Haruhi Suzumiya - This just goes without saying. Haruhi is awesome, though I took me a while to make it through the movie. I had trouble watching it in one sitting.
  6. Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Wake ga nai Kawaii - Don't let people fool you. It is NOT puerly based around an incest theme. It is primarily otaku, and gave me a number of good laughs.
  7. Rozen Maiden - Rozen Maiden was one of the first managa's I ever read, and I still watch the anime. It may seem a little more aimed at children, but I love the concept and a darker tone does begin to develop in the second series.

Having started reading the thread I was like what... o_O
And then I looked at the date... another what... anyway:
I don't mention anime as the best but by the one that had the biggest impact on me. It was Death Note. Anime is definitely better than manga. Worth recommending!
Death Note is another one I forgot on my list. Dammit. This anime is the first one I bought completly, and holds a special place in my heart. I am also a believer in un-happy endings and death note had quite a few of these.

I also reccomend Death Note. I still love it, and I probably always will.

Death Note Represent!

MaryaChan

Last edited:
「涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱」と「とらどら!」と「エルフィン リード」が大好き。

1) Rosario+Vampire
2) Rosario+Vampire Capu 2
3) Zero no Tsukaima

My three favorites. I saw a lot of anime and read a lot of manga, but these are the 3 that really stick out for me. Though Mahou Sensei Negima could also be added to the list.

Death Note. Because of the awesome twists, music and characters.

And maybe DragonballZ. Because of the action. :)

the only moie ive seen was grave of the fireflies on english version. it was extremely sad.
i cant possibly give my favorite anime series without saying the others, so im forced to give my top five.
one: Kekkaishi
two: InuYasha
three: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
four: Dyurarara!!!
five: Bleach

Personally, I love a lot of Japanese Animes and particulary those fighting like Naruto, Dragonball, Inyusha, ....also I love very much Street fighter the animated movie ;) But I think the best for me si One Piece I liked the story, the characters and the ambiance :D

I've posted on here years ago.

But among my faves over the years are (in no particular order)
Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell: Innocence
Battle Angel
Mushishi
Kino's Journey
Metropolis (great soundtrack, btw)
Memories

Somewhat dated..., perhaps. But I got into this stuff pre-Pokemon
Also, (but probably irrelavent) after I started studying Japanese.

I also dig the Patlabor movies somewhat, but nowhere near as much as the above. (and I never had a favorite director of movies in general until Mamoru Oshii)

There might be one or two others.
But that about does it. Have a good day..... ;)

Sumimasen....,
I also like the works of the late Satoshi Kon

Last edited:
Monster and Kino no Tabi - I'll probably watch these as I'm withering away at some hospital decades from now.

I need to see more anime, though, 1 of my favourites has to be chobits, right up there with cardcaptor sakura.

The best anime I've ever seen is Ashita no Joe. The characters are very endearing, the story is amazing. When I was watching this series I felt some empathy for the characters, I couldn't stop whistling the Joe's melody during the day. Ashita no Joe is more than a simply show, it has changed my outlook on life. It has made me enjoy, smile, sing, mourn ... but above all create a memory in my mind I will never forget. Arigatoo Joe!!!

The best two animes that I've ever seen (in life!) would be Sword Art Online (SAO) and K. The former is based on the theme of VRMMORPG (and romance, too) which is an acronym that stands for "virtual reality massively multiple online role playing game" (that's a mouthful). VRMMORPG is basically a game that you play inside (literally) a virtual world, as in you get to access the virtual world with your a real, physical body and mind, and play there as if you were in a real, physical world. You should watch the anime to get a glimpse of what VRMMORPG really is. It's awesome and I desperately hope I had that kind of thing sitting in my room.

The latter anime, K (as in the single upper-case alphabet "K"), has an epic narrative which revolves around a psychic battle that's going on among seven clans, each represented by a color like blue, red, green and etc. What I really like about this anime is that the art, or aesthetics if you will, is revolutionary. I've never seen such a good, creative design. :)

It's impossible to name just one, but also i dislike charts so here goes something...

- Studio Ghibli. Mostly their older stuff but newer ones are cool too.
- Legend of galactic heroes.
- Mushishi.
- Mawaru Penguindrum.
- Satoshi Kon's: Papurika, Magnetic rose (Memories), Paranoia Agent.
- Lucky star, azumanga daioh, and Nichijou.
- Gegegenokitaro.
- Kaiba.
- Video Girl AI.
- Mamoru Oshii... Urusei Yatsura, Tenshi no tamago, and ghost in the shell.

Yeah, i feel that i'm forgetting A LOT but this thread was just about one anyway so i stop here.

Back
Top Bottom