What's new

Why do people who don't like anime think it stops at Dragonball Z and Pokemon

Thanks, jeisan. I feel like an idiot, because after I posted I realized that I could have searched for it. So I did, and I found that site. Here is one thing that I can't seem to find anywhere on the site, though: are the anime subbed, dubbed, or dubtitled? It wouldn't be worth it to me to watch dubbed or dubtitled anime. Thanks again for your help, jeisan!

no problem. but sadly its dubbed, though its at least a start. maybe pave the way for some subbed things.

The whole "DBZ/Pokemon/Sailor Moon" thing really pisses me off personally.
Most people around here see anime as nothin' but a cartoon (and therefore extremely childish) but there are so many anime out there that I would never let my kid see (if I had one) o.o
It just buggers me....grr...rarrr....rrr

Dubs really should be banned shouldn't they? XD
I couldn't even sit through the whole of Akira when I tried watching it dubbed.

lol I recommend you never trying to watch the french dubbed version love hina XD
It gave me the desire to kill someone :devilish:

Onigiri Chan said:
The whole "DBZ/Pokemon/Sailor Moon" thing really pisses me off personally.
Most people around here see anime as nothin' but a cartoon (and therefore extremely childish) but there are so many anime out there that I would never let my kid see (if I had one) o.o
It just buggers me....grr...rarrr....rrr

Yeah, and you would think that shows like "The Simpsons," "Futurama," "King of the Hill," and "Family Guy" would be changing that stigma about animation. It's not just anime that has themes for adults, there are some animated shows right here in the US that are obviously made for adults, so I find it odd for anyone to still think that animation is for children only.

Well, to most folks, anime, no matter how adult themed or sophisticated will always be seen as just another form of cartoon. Those people will never see the lights of day and shouldn't be bothered with as their minds are closed and locked.

Glenn said:
Yeah, and you would think that shows like "The Simpsons," "Futurama," "King of the Hill," and "Family Guy" would be changing that stigma about animation. It's not just anime that has themes for adults, there are some animated shows right here in the US that are obviously made for adults, so I find it odd for anyone to still think that animation is for children only.

You're really right. You'd think people would begin to change their views at least a little. I'm only a little tired of being made fun of for having a hobby that involves animation. And yes, those people are definitely closed minded. I think fools like that should drop off the face of the planet -.-
That's it...no more o' them. I'm sick of dealing with their ignorance.

It is normal ... many people do not get it right, because they are stupid.. It is obvious u can't judge on anything unless u know it very well...

Well the people in my place they keen on anime and adore it, it窶冱 making me so unique among them, when I know so much about anime 窶ヲ :)

Back
Top Bottom