What's new

The most touching anime or j-drama?

Kimi wa Petto was really touching the last few eps had me crying. Also at one point in time the Hana Yori Dango drama had me crying especialy the episode when Tsukasa was standing in the rain waiting for Tsukushi. And definately Grave of the Fireflys really touching.

OMG...that's sooo easy to choose the most touching anime ever, ( there's two of them ). Trust me, I'm a 18 years old guy, who kinda acts like a macho, I never cry, etc.. And guess what, I cried like a little baby when I watched Gundam seed ( the end ) and ELFEN LIED!!!!! Believe it or not, it was the first time I fell in love with an anime girl ( I'm talking about lucy here ). Just thinking about those two anime there are tears in my eyes... There are 5 things I cried to in my life... Disney's "beauty and the beast", Disney's "the lion king", Gundam Seed, Elfen Lied and when someone really close to me died...You get the idea?

While Elfen Lied could have been nice, im not forgiving them for the screwed up ending. FANSERVICE!

The most touching anime I've ever seen has to be Gungrave. It may only be 26 episodes long, but it's worth every minute. I've never seen something so refreshing in my life.

Weird to say it, but I've only just watched the one I'm about to say and I found it VERY sad and touching in an odd way, I've seen sadder, but this one was... just more sad in its own way. My entry is.. *drum roll*

Grave of the fireflies.

graveyard..i agree.
and zetsuai/bronze. hmm i prefer manga to anime. manga continues with the story. touching.. so well, i'm out of topic, speaking of manga...

For me it was either Beautiful life or Hana yori dango. Hotaru no Haka certainly is up there though...I never usually become teary at a movie but that anime made me come real close....

The most touching? Hmm, well, I love NGE, but that was devastating, not touching... I think I'll have to vote for NHK ni Youkoso.

Wow...

Konichi-wa! 🙂
Wow. This is really amazing. I watched the grave of the fireflies yes, I agree it is very touching. Although, I did not shed a single tear. I'm sorry. I thought it was very very touching and sad and I almost cried but no I didn't.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now on the other hand the most touching anime to me would have to be in this order...
1. Air (tv) (Produced by "key") (It was extremely sad when Misuzu died. 😭 Now that was really the saddest thing ever. Now if you didn't cry on that.... no soul! If you didin't watch it yet I suggest it to you. Only 12 episodes)
2. Naruto (In every battle when someone got hurt or died I cried so badddd!)
3. Kanon 2006 (Also produced by "key" and made by the same creator who made air. It is also so sadd how the characters... die or get hurt really badly... Suggest that to you to. 20-something episodes. It's the second season. The first is just Kanon. And that is like, 12 epsiodes as well.)

Thos are my top 3 that are extremely sad.
Of course I love the anime sailor moon that was soooo sad as well. D:
BUt that's the best anime ever!!!~~~
Sayonara! :p

I am watching that drama at the moment, so far so good. The drama is based on a real life story about this 15 years old girl who contracted some very weird disease. I do recommend this if you are looking for some good crying sessions.

Uh hi lol this is my first post. Just wanted to say you are cright bout 1 Litre of tears if you want to cry lol. I think each time after episode six I cried. Its wierd though cry during dramas but not in much in when I should :/

The most touching anime, should be Honey and CloverI and II for me. Everything happened around the same time in real life for me, and reality is sad. It touched me big time.

The most touching j-drama is an old show, real old. Sekaichuu for short. Full name: Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu. Saku and Aki fell in love but Aki died. Saku held on to her ashes for years. I cried my eyes out when Saku finally released Aki's ashes very much later.

Hotaru no haka.

Grave of the fireflies, and Spirited away...

Drama; well I REALLY liked: Karei naru ichizoku... the last scene really made me cry.

Last edited:
I'm a tough nut to crack, so the closest I've come is welling-up and that was with my fave Anime series of all time, Salaryman Kintaro! Thrilling, entertaining, enthralling and very moving... especially the last episode! Only 20 episodes, which I find a very weird number to finish on!

hmm touching or not i'm not sure..
.. but what made me embarrass even a waterfall was probably saikano (saishuu heiki kanojo - anime, movie () was second time around (chise was quite cute in the movie btw), less bad)... then again i'm not even sure why i was crying that bad... it's an evil plot by the producers.. made me cry at almost nonsense... beautiful anime ending song though.

Hmm touching moments in anime. Since most people seem to be posting "sad" :( touching moment involving the death of a character, Ill take this moment to point out what I think is a happy :) touching moment.

Id have to say a touching moment in Anime would be from the samurai X OVA when kenshin returns from China, and meets kaoru half way(well on the way) between the dojo and the dock, and they both collaps in each others arms and she calls him by the name his parants gave him.

iI would have to call that the most touching anime moment, :) ateast that iv seen.

shinta~ oh yeah that's definitely one of the best moments too - too bad a lot of people deny the existence of this 2nd OVA, since it wasn't "canon". I actually liked how they concluded it, but that could go into heavy debate anywhere. :p

I understand some version of that ova did away with the kenshin's monologue after that scar fading scene.

I think I failed to provide a touching non death moment....:( I spent the better part of today thinking about it, are there any non death related touching moments in any anime?

Yes, I found myself tear up in, ironically, the more serious, emotional parts of Once Piece. No kidding.

Also, Ayashi no Ceres was very touching to me... Also, the climax of Fruits Basket.
There were at least one or two more, but I've seen so many, I forget most titles now...

Last edited:
i'm watching "last friends" now.. and i will admit that it's pretty good. makes you want to cheer for lesbian love, as weird as it sounds.
raverboy

Grave of the Fireflies and 1 Liter of Tears were so sad and depressing that I couldn't watch them again. However, there was one very sad and touching drama that I've watched a couple of times---Koukou Kyoushi (High School Teacher) 1993.

The acting was superb and the storyline, even though shocking, flowed logically, and the musical background was so perfect. If you want to see a sad drama, I recommend it heartily.

[Warning-It's extremely dark with very adult themes, those under 25 y.o. may think it's just sordid, but I think its a good exploration of human weakness.]

[youtube]yfmGH8waTmk&feature=related[/youtube]

And click the following, too.

Those under 25 y.o. might like Tokyo Love Story, my all-time fav. It's a sweet but sad drama about young love.

Last edited:
1 Litre of tears. One of the most greatest drama's I've seen and it really gets to you. I cried all the way through non stop.

Hmm...hmm...

The anime that could ever make me cry is One Piece when the sink. That make me cry like i never cry b4. i just see Elfen Lied woah.. make me cry .......... definitely good anime but too much blood anf nude scene. Children cannot see too bad.. haha

Back
Top Bottom