What's new

Which anime(s) moved you to crying?

Uhhh, many animes have moved me enough to cry like a baby... 😌

I guess the first one was Dragon Ball Z, when Vegeta dies. I was sooo sad to see him die that way! >.< That was around 1997, when I started watching anime.

Since then, a lot of other good anime series have made me cry. Just to mention some, the ones I can think of now are Prince of Tennis, Saint Seiya, Scrapped Princess, Initial D, Cowboy Bebop, Weiss Kreuz and Weiss Kreuz Glühen, among maaaaaany others. :(

I went teary eyed when Haku died in Naruto.
It also happenned when i watched Ayashi no Ceres when
Touya was murdered....
Same goes during the last episode of Gensomaden Saiyuki...dunno why though..

Fullmetal Alchemist, Wolf's Rain, Gravitation, the ending of Loveless for some reason, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Elfen Lied, and even some parts of Sukisho have all made me cry. I used to cry easily. I even think when I first started truly watching anime, that Satoshi's near suicide made me cry in DNAngel. I'm glad I'm past that.

There was also of course L's death in Death Note. So I guess I still cry easily.

Last edited:
weel i cryed when i see the end of Chrono cruzade, after all the they live to the very end...............

I don't cry easily at things... but a couple of FMA episodes had me in tears...

I am one episode away from L's death in Death Note... and on the brink of refusing to watch it... as I'm sure it will make me cry... I will let you know if it does or not. Although sayin that I am quite a fan of Kira... far too torn with that anime!

I believe everyone is torn with Death Note. I was a huge L fan though--I just couldn't help it. They made it a very emotional episode.

I've not found too many people to be torn. A fair few seems to be on one side or the other. I'm just torn because both are awesome characters... so I don't particularly want them to be tryin to kill each other!!

I didn't cry when I watched L's death... probably becuase I was expecting it too much (thanks to the millions of spoilers I recieved from friends! grr) I do, however, really really miss him now!! It's just not the same!! :(

Eh, I think Mello makes it worth watching now. Speaking of...I need to go watch the new episode! *Dashes off*

Mello slightly worries me! He's far too close to being feminine... but has a guys voice... and bad hair! It is still definately worth watching... mainly for Light!

xD I'm not exactly know for being emotional but there are quite some anime series that have made me cry at some point.

Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid
Fushigi Yuugi
Chrno Crusade
Final Fantasy VII: The Last Order
Death Note
Rahxephon

These ones are the ones that made me cry but I saw over 5 years ago:

DBZ
Pokemon: The Movie
Outlaw Star
G Gundam
Gundam Wing
Tenshi Muyo (or was it Universe?)

Grave of the fireflies had my eyes wet for a long time.
Robotech after roy dies and the music/scene with Claudia afterwards.

there are others, but I'm already depressed just thinking of those two

The first anime that moved me was "Araiguma Rasukaru" (Rascal).
I saw it when I was in elementary school and I wept so hard.
Has anybody seen this anime?:(

Yeah, it is hilarious... although some episodes are really sad.

I have decided I want to marry Shigure though... well... if he was a real person. Haha.

Hmm. I can't remember all the animes that have made me tear...Although if an anime manages that, then it is an instant win for me. I am a rather sensitive guy... The most recent ones I can remember would be Kanon, Air, and Elfen Lied. Kanon had me the most...

I'm gonna have to look into watching this "Grave of the Fireflies"

Pretty much anything by Hayao Miyazaki, not because they're particularly sad, but just from witnessing something so perfectly done and beautiful.

Hikaru no go because of sai leaving the way he did (the ending of that anime really killed me)

occasionally during some really sad moments in naruto (that damn music always gets to me >_<)

I'm sure there are more, I just cant think of them.

Of course whenever a really great anime series ends I get emotional (Yu Yu Hakusho was one of those times)

Grave of the Fireflies and, believe it or not, the first Pokemon movie when I was 11. Seriously, when Ash turned to stone at the end, and all the pokemon put aside their differences, stopped fighting, and started crying (especially pikachu!!) it was a tear jerker.

Argh, Half-N-Half stole the words from my mouth. Yeah, the tears really started flowing for Grave of the Fireflies, I never expected an anime to affect me so much. Same with the Pokemon movie...embarassing I know.

Also the end of the fight between Naruto and Sasuke, before the fillers, when Sasuke let Naruto live. That got me all sorts of emotional. T_T

akira and ghost in the shell

oh, and Grave of the Fireflies as well.

Last edited:
Gankutsuou (The Count of Monte Cristo)
Eureka Seven (not necessarily sad, but the sheer beauty of it all made me break down)
:(

Back
Top Bottom