What's new

Trying to find an anime I watched as a child

denadel

Registered
3 Nov 2021
I am trying to find an anime I watched as a kid in the 80's.

What I remember is a baby left on the doorsteps of a convent with nuns? A boy lives there two, and they become friends. One day the boy does something, and an adult man hits him, but instead of crying, the boy wants to live with him, and they drive away in his horse and carriage.

The girl later ends up in an orphanage, but she has a beautiful doll she got from her father (who is missing, supposed dead). One of the girls at the orphanage is jealous of her and destroys the doll. There is also something about roses, white roses, but I think she has gotten older then.

I also kind of remember it turns out her father wasn't dead after all. He was living close to the orphanage. He had travelled around Asia and had lots of stuff in his house.

It is probably from the '70s or '80s. I rented it at video stores in Europe. There were multiple volumes, so probably a series and not a movie.
I think the girl had blonde hair.

Just a stab in the dark, is this what the character looks like?
170664a2a4adeafa9b4628a195e2974c.jpg

No, not even close. She looked like the girl in that daft punk video (minus the blue). There was also something with white roses.

daft-punk.jpg

Thanks for all the suggsetions, guys, but neither of this. Why on earth can't I find this anywhere!

Oh, I remember something else: she is rich living in a private school (not an orphanage). That is where the mean girl destroy the doll she got from her father. He is presumed dead, and she has to work as a poor girl at the same private school.

OMG, it is indeed "Princess Sara"!
Thank you so much for that, and thank you to everyone for helping out with both how to search for and for suggestions!
It looks like I am mixing two animes with each other. Most of the stuff I said goes for "princess Sara", but the blond girl and the white roses is probably another one. Maybe her mother fell asleep in the snow when she was a baby and someone found her.

I know it's been a while but by any chance does the name Maria Maria sound familiar? I barely remember an anime that's sounds very familair to the second one you mentioned. She got left in the doorstep of an orphanage in the middle of a snow storm or something like that? I'm still looking for whatever anime it is.

Back
Top Bottom