Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Ocean waves - ナ?C窶堋ェ窶「ツキ窶堋ア窶堋ヲ窶堙ゥ

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Tales of Earthsea - ニ嘆ニ檀ツ静ュ窶ケL,

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea - ナ?R窶堙個湘」窶堙姑竹ニ男ニ停?。

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Grave of the fireflies has to be one of the most depressing things I've ever seen in my life. I was seriously depressed for days.

I like 'Princess Mononoke'. And 'Spirited away' is a nice movie too. I haven't seen the rest of the movies.

"On Your Mark"
oym_vhs_pc_japan-1.jpg

http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/jaction/re...2&work=search&st=subject&sw=On Your Mark&cp=1

Music video.
Contains "On Your Mark", "On Your Mark" (Leica Reel - Storyboards by Miyazaki), and "Something There" (the theme song for "Street Fighter II").
On Your Mark // Video List // Nausicaa.net

It is generally hard to answer this question, however I voted for Sen to Chiro no. Most of the Studio Ghiblis films have fantastic Soundtracks which is actually the main thing I look out for in a Studio Ghibli film is the music. If I had to judge on music, I'd definately pick My Neighbour Totoro which i have the OST for, I actually have the Soundtracks of all of them i think near enough, or all the ones by Joe Hisaishi. But if I had to judge on music and animation, Spirited Away is a number one, and Howl's Moving Castle. At the minute I am downloading The Cat Returns so i could say what I think of it later when I have seen it. In order of what i have seen, and liked, here is my wee chart XD -

Spirited Away
My Neighbour Totoro
Princess Mononoke
Howl's Moving Castle
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Kiki's Delivery Service

Hiroyuki Nagashima said:
"On Your Mark"

Nagashima-san, thank you for mentioning this short video. It is one of the most enigmatic stories I have ever seen from Studio Ghibli . . . I always wonder why it was never made into something longer; a scrapped project perhaps?

As for the other films, I have seen all of them except Howl's Moving Castle. My favorite was Omohide Poro Poro ("Only Yesterday"). Though perhaps an over-idealization of rural farm life, the nostalgia evoked is a bittersweet and powerful feeling.

But, then again, I really do enjoy all the Studio Ghibli films. :)

grave of the fireflies

it is truely difficult to say, although its visualy not as impressive as more recent releases, grave of the fireflies sticks out in my mind because of the profound, real-to-life experiences and story revolving around its characters. while spirited away and mononoke hime remain to me more visually oriented and stunning, they also had bigger budgets and are more recent films. grave of the fireflies is an older film, but teaches a strong lesson in morality that anyone can relate to.

i love kiki's delivery service just for beautiful story and the cat of course.
but one of my favourite japanese characters is lupan, but it wasnt on the list
does the castle of cariostro count? if so that , otherwise kiki.

I'm thinking hotaru no haka...
But Totoro is probably the most "classic."

But I did like sen to chihiro a lot, too. Close call

I've finally seen them all except for Only Yesterday, as they seem to want to release this one in October, which is a bit of a bummer. Plus Ocean waves is not being released on the Studio Ghibli collection, but I managed to get it off ebay. My favourite is Porco Rosso, although I find them all pretty good. I must say my least favourite was Pom Poko, as I thought it didn't gel as well as the others. Waiting to see what they do with Earthsea now

To bad I can only choose 1.

I liked Spirited away, itツ´s just so beautiful how she creates kindness, and a pure heart. But this is also in Howlツ´s moving castle.

So yeah I love Ghibli because of the details they put in the anime, and the kindness!! Love, wish I could do this with my mind.

Trailer for "Gedo Senki" (Earthsea, reportedly based on the third book of Ursula LeGuin's Earthsea Cycle):

At least, I like the trailer! 👍

Hmmm....
very difficult decision.
My favorites are spirited away, princess mononoke, grave of the fireflies and howl's moving castle....... how can i choose... T.T

Spirited Away is Zen to Chihiro? "El Viaje de Chihiro" is my prefer, a like Laputa Castle in The sky too

It's so hard to choose! But I ended up picking Howl's Moving Castle because I liked the story a lot.

But I've also seen Totoro, Sprited Away, Pompoko, Only Yesterday, Grave of Fireflies, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Princess Mononoke and loved them all. I would love to see the rest of them someday.

I finally have them all, as Only Yesterday was finally released in the UK. I would still say Porco Rosso as my favourite, but Nausicaa and The Cat Returns are up there as well. Also recently bought a box set of Ghibli films, as it had the video On Your Mark on it. Much to my surprise it also had Sore Iro no Tane and Nandarou in the collection.

Back
Top Bottom