What's new

Pirate Animes (No, not Illegal Anime)

BlaqJap

Sword Handler
10 May 2004
Does anyone know of an anime with pirates or about pirates? I love them and I haven't been able to find one.

Last edited:
I thought u meant like pirated( as in bootleg) animes lol

I recall seing this anime of a young pirate in Italy, but it was like a kids show mostly.
Dont remember the name

you mean like "one piece"?
it's only one of the biggest mangas/animes out there.. that and yucky dragonball are probably the most widely spread mangas in the west world

lol I'll be sure to mention that this is NOT that kind of pirate. Thank you for your help! ^^ Hopefully someone else will remember.

I don't think One Piece has pirates. I mean like pirates like in Peter Pan or Treasure Island.

TwistedMac said:
you fight like a dairy farmer!

lol when was I supposed to be fighting? >< but I can fight! :box:

one piece is about pirates o_O
havent read it though, so i wouldnt know exactly what kind of pirates.. but they sail the seas and they fly the jolly roger o_O

BlaqJap said:
I don't think One Piece has pirates. I mean like pirates like in Peter Pan or Treasure Island.

lol when was I supposed to be fighting? >< but I can fight! :box:

ach, since you were a pirate fan i thought you might've played the monkey island games ^^

apparently that is not the case XD

Really?! Maybe I got it confused with another show called 'One Piece'. Or is it a manga? I thought One Piece was about these girls who go after this one guy.

TwistedMac said:
ach, since you were a pirate fan i thought you might've played the monkey island games ^^

apparently that is not the case XD

Oo, now I really want to play it XD

you should atleast play 3 & 4 ^^

1 & 2 are classics, but only fun if you're in to that sort of thing... 3 & 4 are hilarious what ever way you look at it.. (especially #3)

awesome, something to add to my birthday list! Or whenever I feel like being a brat.

One Piece is indeed a Pirate Anime/manga.

"One Piece is the story of Monkey D. Luffy, a young adventurous boy who dreams of becoming the Pirate King, by finding the legendary treasure "One Piece". Inspired by his childhood role model, "Red Haired" Shanks, Luffy sets out on his journey to become the pirate king. He gathers a crew together and heads to the Grand Line, the place where One Piece is held. If he obtains this treasure, he'll become the king of pirates.

One Piece is written and drawn by Eiichiro Oda. One Piece is currently the most popular manga/anime in Japan right now, and we can all see why. Its story is really interesting and addicting, and each character is developed well. One Piece currenly spans 34 volumes of manga and 339 chapters. The One Piece anime has shown 203 episodes so far and continues strong. Right now, the English version of the manga is being distributed in Shonen Jump, so go check it out. " - www.arlongpark.com

It's an amazing anime/manga, but is a bit weak in the beginning. I love it, and actually just read a manga chapter a few minutes ago ^^;.

Here are some reference websites

Funsubbers: www.kaizoku-fansubs.com
Great Info Site: www.arlongpark.com
Manga chapters 292 and up: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
Manga chapters 291 and down: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I am in love with this manga, and I am recommending it to you!~, Sorry if this sounds like and advertisement or something, xD. It is, ovcourse, shonen.

Oh my goodness, thank you!! I'm so happy that you posted this great info. ^^ It sounds really kewl. Ima go check it out right now. 👍

One Piece! i would have recommend it if it hadn't already been recommended about 5 times...

it's about pirates, but then again it's not about the usual type of pirates. we're talking pirates that have super powers! in fact the further into the manga/anime you get, if the pirate doesn't have a super power they're a pretty crap pirate.

<== my avatar is from one piece^_^

Here are a couple of golden oldies that are classic and good: Queen Emeraldas and Captain Harlock...

And if you like pirates a bunch (this might be off topic) you might want to check out Xenogears, it's a game but c'mon -

this is one irresistibal pirate 😊

I can't believe no one has said Pirates Of Dark Water. Or...was that an anime..? I was only like five, so I'm not sure. Still, great cartoon, anyway. Stepped away from the usual cutesy, lighthearted cartoons the USA is known for. Probably why it didn't last very long.

I'm gonna say this again like what the others have said...ONE PIECE!!!!

One Piece is all about Pirates! It's one of my favourites currently! :D
And the manga raw chapter online is currently till chapter 340 👍

Please enough about one peice we all know it is a pirate anime, I also would like to find some pirate animes I am NOT looking for the cutesy funny animes like one piece or bodacious space pirates but more of the more action based and thrillers like herlock space pirate

Back
Top Bottom