What's new

Final Fantasy signs with Microsoft

Japanimaniac said:
I'm not sure about where Mystic Quest was made (I no longer have the booklet), but it was intended to be for americans. It was a watered down, less-confusing, simplified FF made to lure americans into the genre at the time. But for those who like the way japanese RPGs are, it sucks. Game Players had a really good article on pretty much every FF title, and where it was released. I had all three pages on my computer before it crashed.

Actually, not to be a dick, but the game was produced in Japan for American children because somehow, the Japanese thought the youth of our country back then as, shall we say, dumb as a brick? They should see the youth of today! Haha.

Not many people seemed to pay much attention to the 'For younger player' moniker and dismissed it as a crappy title meant for older audiences. Again, not trying to be a dick, just letting you know what most have forgotten.

Japanimaniac said:
Tactics, you could be right, but I could've sworn it was american-made. Most of the credits are american...except for the main Square staff.

I'll admit the "by americans, for americans" thing was more or less to push my point. You caught me. :p

This shall entertain you, I think...

Art Direction Hiroshi Minagawa
Battle Maps Hideo Minaba
Character Design Akihiko Yoshida
Character Animation Rumiyasu Sasaki
Visual Effects Jiro Mifune
Visual Effect Artist Yoshimasa Furukawa
Visual Effect Artist Noriko Ikeda
Visual Effect Artist Taizo Inukai
Visual Effect Artist Yuko Hatae
Battle Map Creator Yuko Abini
Battle Map Creator Yuki Aguma
Battle Map Creator Akane Haruki
Battle Map Creator Nobuyuki Ikeda
Battle Map Creator Akiyoshi Masuda
Battle Map Creator Koji Matsuhita
Battle Map Creator Yuka Miyamoto
Battle Map Creator Toshiyuki Mogi
Battle Map Creator Tsutomo Mouri
Battle Map Creator Rena Sasaki
Battle Map Creator Sachiko Tanabe
Battle Map Creator Takaharu Tanaka
Battle Map Creator Misako Tsutsui
Battle Map Creator Takahiro Yamashita
Character Animator Mieko Hoshino
Character Animator Konomi Ishizuka
Character Animator Hiyofumi Kato
Character Animator Toshiaki Matsumoto
Character Animator Eiichiro Nakatsu
Character Animator Tsuyoshi Namiki
Character Animator Makato Sawano
Character Animator Yuichi Shiota
Director of Movies Toshiyuki Momose
Production Coordinator (Movie) Keiko M. Randolph
Production (Movie) Animatek International
Main Program Taku Murata
Visual Effect Program Satoshi Ogata
Event Program Tetsuji Iwasaki
World Map Program Hiroshi Ono
Additional Program Masaaki Kubo
Additional Program Kazuhisa Murakami
Additional Program Kazuo Suzuki
Additional Program Yoshinori Tsuchida
Music & Original Score Masaharu "Rezon" Iwata
Music & Original Score Hitoshi "YmoH.S" Sakimoto
Sound Engineer Motoko Watanabe
Sound Programmer Hidenori Suzuki
Recording & Mixed Engineer Kenji Nagashima
Planner Tsukasa Fujita
Planner Daisuke Fukugawa
Planner Nobuyumi Inoue
Planner Kazutoyo Maehiro
Planner Kiminori Ono
Planner Takayuki Suguro
Executive Producer Tetsuo Mizuno
Executive Producer Tomoyuki Takechi
Co-Producer Michio Okamiya
Game Design Hiroshi Ito
Written & Directed Yasumi Matsuno
Produced by Hironobu Sakaguchi

Sorry, I had to.

Please don't be pissed!

Ant

Not pissed at all! I'd rather have my facts straight than sound like an idiot (see previous posts) XD. Thanks for the info! 👍

personally i think Final fantasy should move to PC's much more can be done on a pc. **just my opinion**

Yeah, if you've got the cash for a top ofthe line machine...

...as far as pure gaming rigs are concerned, consoles seem to have a better performance-to-cost ratio.

That's kind of what ticks me off about the X-Box: It isn't a console, it's a stripped down gaming pc.

Bill "I'm riiiiiiiich biiiiiiiiiaaaach" Gates wanted to corner another market, so he called the X-Box a console instead of the bagain basement PC it is. Now suddenly everyone's oohing and awwing over it because it has a hard drive and internet support--something PC's have had for half my lifetime.

Sorry for the rant, when I don't get enough sleep I tend to rag about things like that--just be glad I didn't launch into a tirade about the sad fate of the Atari Jaguar... 😌

Yeah, Final Fantasy as a PC exclusive would be a bad move. Even with XI, a large group of FF lovers were left in the cold (I still don't have it, and I've made it a point to own them all). Final Fantasy fans (making a generalization here) are usually geared towards console RPGs, while PC gamers mostly like MMORPGs. Moving a game that's been a console series for so long into the PC realm, or the online gaming realm, would leave quite a few fans behind. Me included. ^.^"

If this is true then praise allah. I am excited about Final Fantasy going on the X-Box. I was about 75% done with Final Fantasy X, then I was disgusted with the way the game was going.
SPOILER:
Tidus is a dream about his monster dad which was a dream of a dead civilization.
What the hell.

Japanimaniac said:
Yeah, Final Fantasy as a PC exclusive would be a bad move. Even with XI, a large group of FF lovers were left in the cold (I still don't have it, and I've made it a point to own them all). Final Fantasy fans (making a generalization here) are usually geared towards console RPGs, while PC gamers mostly like MMORPGs. Moving a game that's been a console series for so long into the PC realm, or the online gaming realm, would leave quite a few fans behind. Me included. ^.^"
Yes, making it a PC exclusive wouldn't be smart, but what would be smart is to develop it for the PC first, making full use of the possibilities, and then convert it for PS2. The other way round, it would look rather lame (at least graphical-wise) compared to other actual PC games and thus probably would only sell poorly - which probably is why recent FF parts aren't ported to the PC.

Thor said:
Tidus is a dream about his monster dad which was a dream of a dead civilization.
What the hell.

Actually, Tidus and Jecht are both part of the same dreamworld, which was created by the Fayth. The dreamworld Zanarkand is the world that the Fayth lived in all those years ago. 👍

How that ties into the Microsoft thing...I dunno. But I do agree with the PC first thing. As long as it's not an exclusive!

I can't believe this but it's unstoppable...square is wise if they were to sign up with microsoft...make big money~

This kinda thing is inevitable...lol

if PS2 has the largest user base of all consoles, how would SquareEnix make more money by going to XBOX? Something doesn't make sense. There's only one japanese developer that is almost Xbox exclusive (Tecmo) so I don't think that SE will jump ship soon.

you see i hate it that i cant play ff11 making it only online was a bad move because most peeps cant play it online, and they should have made a console version, anyone getting 12??

I can't believe this false rumor thread is still going. Squareenix didn't do any deal with Microsoft, but Sakaguchi (the creator of the Final Fantasy Franchise) signed a deal with Microsoft to have his new studio that is independent of SE make 2 games for Xbox 2.

i'm pretty sure it is true...i say a headline on http://ign.xbox.com sometime in the last couple of days! i was quite surprised, but i haven't played a final fantasy game in years (because i now own an x-box...used to have ps2). i must admit, that my personal opinion is that x-box graphically has the upper hand, and the on board memory is way cool and saves you buying memory cards...but PS2 has the back-catalogue of games! anyway, this isn't a debate...

as far as i'm aware the 'rumour' is true

Die thread.
FF did not sign with MS a major staff member of the FF games signed a 2 game deal with MS FF is SE property. So the rumor is not true.

Die THREAD.

Dude, Mistwater signed with Microsoft not SquareEnix get it right! Yes the creator of the series signed on, but with his company Mistwater! Damn people need to stop this stupid rumors and get the facts straight!

Doc

I'm glad the rumor is not true.😌

But now I'm curious about these two new RPG games that are going to be on the X-box 360/ X-box. Even though I will never end up playing them because I have no intention to buy the system. I must admit that even though they are not Final Fantasy I wouldn't be surprised that these future games will be as good as your typical FF game. I mean, with the creator of the series working on these games why wouldn't they be.

You all seem to be forgetting the real point here, in the past games were released on specific systems for loyalty reasons or whatever the contract said today though the game companies don't care anymore as long as they can have more profit they will release to all consoles currently in use if they can. Nintendo is unique in this matter just because it is so powerful and it has a lot of titles under it's belly remember what happened to Sega.....!

this won't happen, Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy versus XIII will both be Ps3 exclusives, I don't believe Sony would let M$ steal this exclusive, its just as ridiculous as the Xbot fanboys thinking they were getting Metal Gear Solid 4. :)

Back
Top Bottom