What's new

Final Fantasy VIII

Trolling are we?

That's fine--I'll just sit back and watch as the fanboys pummel you to death with their 20-sided dice... :devilish:

I hope this thread gets closed very quickly.....
I mean there's no opinions on why she or he dosen't like the game...
Any actual information regarding the game......

Oooooooo why bother. I loved the card game thats about it.... :) :haihai:

Well Escaflowne dude, I've been trying to beat this game for years. -_- The card game was a waste of time for me, but I needed to play to get certain items. I liked FFIX card game, it was more easier than VIII.

The game is a decent rpg. Took me about 50 hours to beat while leveling most characters up to Lv 99

Final Boss was way too easy though.

Final Boss is too easy it's simply mind numbing. Find a Hero Potion. This handy item makes you INVULNERABLE for the ENTIRE fight. And it's to ANY Physical or magical attack. If I remember right the final boss does a attack that lowers your HP to 1 hp. After that happens you take the Hero Potion and WHAM! You can't die. And to top it all off you get unlimited Limit Breaks too! I did that with Squall. XD

It's easy if you don't have the weapons or GF to win.
Use the card converted if you have the squall card and convert it to 99 potion XXX(the strongest potion,but I forgot the name) keep on using it for everyturn till you defeat the boss.
That's what I did.... :p

Why even play a game if its easy. In the beginnning the card game was hard but got easy. STory wise....bleh...to some degree.... FF9 had a good card game....but way too easy....Too bad ff7 didn't have a card game!!!! :D 🎈 And the last boss was pretty easy, if you spent hours then when you "FinallY" beat it you should feel at the least overjoyed!

🎈

Eternal Wind said:
It's easy if you don't have the weapons or GF to win.
Use the card converted if you have the squall card and convert it to 99 potion XXX(the strongest potion,but I forgot the name) keep on using it for everyturn till you defeat the boss.
That's what I did.... :p

Heh, easy said then done..for me that is.

at first the junction system was like greek to me but it got easier after 24hrs of play 🙂

i maxed out squall and zell to level 99 i think... (can't remember, it's been almost 2 years since i finished the game)

i've yet to defeat the omega weapon, though... man he's one tough cookie! XP

I really liked the game.
To me, the most important thing in a game are the characters and storyline.
If the characters or story don't interest me, the game becomes stupid in my opinion.
In FFVIII I really liked all the chacters.
The game was a lot easier as expected, but still fun to play.
The best about FF games are the stories.
FFVII and VIII really had a cool storyline.
I think FFX's story wan't very interesting compared to those two.
I never played FFIX :(

Sorry for my bad english

ffviii is a great game and the card game that comes with it is awesome
tetra master is better though...
but viii was great and look at the graphics in vii and then viii.....square did a good job improving them
i really agree with hiiragi though that if the characters and story are good i dont care what the games plays like or looks like bcuz it is worth flipping another page of the book to find out more of the story
the gf system is good and so is the job system i really enjoyd this game

I must be like in my own set little universe. I swear I'm the only person who thought FF VIII was the best overall Final Fantasy experience on Playstation. The card game was useful for obtaining items needed to build better weapons. The music was good, the graphics were bright and cheery and the junction system allowed for some strategy to be used.

Pardon me if I say this, but I must be the only person in the whole universe that thinks Final Fantasy X was overrated.

I didn't find anything wrong with this game at all. When it came out, it was new, fresh and revolutionary and I enjoyed the 3 times I played this game through some 5 or 6 years ago.

As for the card game, I really enjoyed it and I collected every card in the game woohoo! When I got the hang of the game, I was ripping out Same/Plus combos left-right-center. I thought it was a much better card game than Tetra Master.

Maxing stats in this game takes quite a while. I had to convert cards to items and then convert the item into it's final product whether it be Magic Up/Stength Up etc. After many hours, I created a godly team. There were no Spirit Ups in that game so I had to Devour Malboros and they don't turn up very frequently! With maxed stats, I didn't have to junction HP/MP/Vit/Spr percentage additions.

Square created a not so good super boss for FFVIII coz once you were prepared he was a pushover. All I had to do was make sure I got the Laguna card in Disc 3. Convert to 100 Heroes. Win the card back. Easy. And then, Limit Break the idiot to death.

I'm with Carth and Goggles. Ulty's not hard even without Heros (or Holy Wars, I think they're called--same effect on the entire party at once!), and you need Aura to get your unlimited limits. Triple Triad rocked--I was "suprfangurl" at the time, so I've got actual cards and everything. ^_^ FFVIII is easily my favorite FF since VI.

Man, I forgot all about this thread that I made. A little update on me......I still haven't beaten the game yet. So yea, death to you all for beating it. >_^ Oh! And hugs and kisses.

StarCrap said:
Man, I forgot all about this thread that I made. A little update on me......I still haven't beaten the game yet. So yea, death to you all for beating it. >_^ Oh! And hugs and kisses.
LOL you still haven't complete it? I think this game is not out cut for ya...

Carth said:
I must be like in my own set little universe. I swear I'm the only person who thought FF VIII was the best overall Final Fantasy experience on Playstation. The card game was useful for obtaining items needed to build better weapons. The music was good, the graphics were bright and cheery and the junction system allowed for some strategy to be used.

Pardon me if I say this, but I must be the only person in the whole universe that thinks Final Fantasy X was overrated.

Finally...someone who shares the EXACT same opinions as me...'tis one of the happiest days of my life. ::glomps Carth::

And yes, that is the first time in my entire life that I have glomped someone. XD

Eternal Wind said:
LOL you still haven't complete it? I think this game is not out cut for ya...

It's like a curse that will never be Released. Hey Japan...i...man..niac..first time you glomped someone?? Virgin!

Back
Top Bottom