What's new

You know you have been watching too much anime when....

Not sure if this has been said already but...
When your friends tell you you remind them of an anime character (Inuyasha for me), and you begin to look like said anime character (in terms of posture, and things like that).

When you randomly sing the Hamtaro song on a daily basis
When your T.V. is only in use if anime is on
When you actually think that you are going to find a sakabato sword
When you practice your punch so that the people you hit fly up and look like stick figures
When you walk your dog, you see a cat and say "I choose you...Fido!"
When your imitation of pikachu is scarily exact
When you are dying for Cardcaptor Sakura's outfit

When you stay in the bookstore all night reading every Manga series without water, bathroom breaks or food, and security has to kick you out because it's closing time. (Oh so guilty)

When Borders Books employees know you on a face to face basis that they hand you the latest Sensual Phase volume series 👍

When you get to my age and see nothing wrong watching it, and then try and convert all your friends.
Discussing your favorite anime with someone who is even older than you (a friend of mine who is 59)
You know what an Otaku is and then realise that you have turned into one years ago
Wishing you could shoot a gun like they do in Noir
Not finding Purple eyes unsettling
Not wondering why female characters that are supposed to be 30 or 40 still look only 18
Still watch what you would consider bad anime, but it is like a train wreck, you just can't look away (I do this with Dragonball (I can't believe I just said that))
Getting any region DVDs because you can't get it in your own country (ebay is damn useful)
🙂

lol

You watch to much anime when....

you were in a club for anime in highschool ( we had "you know you're an anime fan when" shirt)

you only eat japanese food

you own a jap school girl out fit

you get your cosplay gear from ebay

you spend your paycheck on anime, manga, cosplay, etc (I get paid $700 twice a month, yeah I'm loaded)

You get to live in Japan for free (Due to military)

you have you own library of manga AND anime

you stay up very late at night and wait for your fav anime to come on adult swim.

you get a cactus and put punching gloves on the arms and call it Togamon (digimon)

You imagine something terrible will happen to the world and you become all mighty powerful and save it (guilty)

You write fan fics about bad things happening to the world and you become powerful to save it (guilty)

Normal people who know or don't like anime are foreign to you (guilty)( this does include family members)

You cry if you miss a new episode of your favorite anime.

you doodle anime characters in your notebooks while taking notes in school

you read the manga at book stores and then you buy them (or don't, I do
that)

i'll add more later

You watch too much when ...

1. Anime characters dress like me not the other way round.
2. I was born with hair like that!
5. I learned a lot of Japanese words from City Hunter but I keep getting slapped.
6. Only 50 times?? You're just warming up.
7. If we don't download, their website dream is not fulfilled.
Adding some left out.
11. You buy anime art books to draw your own anime.
12. You write sequels to your favorite series.
13. You do those dorky body/hand gestures of your favorite characters.

You watch too much when ...

1) You spend half the day watching anime, and the rest of the day reading Fanfiction.
2) The only thing you and your friends talk about is anime, and everyone looks at you weird. (Or they may look at you wierd because of number 3)
3) Most of your shirts have anime characters on them, and you wear them in public.

I am guilty of all three and more

1. When you call your dog akamaru.
2.When you think your compact mirror is a communicating device.
3.When you think a katana can become a big sword(Inuyasha's sword)
4.When your friends say you look like an anime character(or anime girl in my case)
5.When you start writing fanfics in which you are the star and your favorite character falls in love with you.

The thread....ITS ALIIIIIIVE!!!!

• When you can respond to almost any question with a quote from an anime.
  • When you see a friend you haven't seen in months at a convention, and both of you immediately point at each other and yell "ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND!"
  • When your cell-phone's ring-tone comes from the OP/ED theme of an anime.
  • When you can complete the fusion dance, without tripping...👍
  • When you constantly are drawn into the "ninja/pirate" debate.
  • When the majority of your income is spent on anime/manga/wallscrolls/posters/videogames.
  • When you come up with fanfic ideas at random moments during the day.
  • When you can sit down with a complete stranger at a moviestore/bookstore and discuss the latest episode/volume and the impact it'll have on the characters.
  • When you've destroyed your once perfect eyesight from constant reading. :(
  • When you consider it an honor for someone to ask you for input on their fanfic/amv.
  • When you relate everyday happenings to anime.
  • When you hear the name "Miyazaki" and think of greatness.
  • When you frequently use the "thumbs up" sign.
  • When you can draw an invisible sword on a friend and have them die a fake, yet realistic, death.
  • When you can watch a "death scene" and weep openly. In front of a group of friends. Who are also crying their eyes out. :)

Oh I have another, but it's probably been said but anyways:
When you can sing the entire opening and ending in Japanese and you don't know how to speak the language.
Oh and when you pass a friend at school and say "It's over nine thousand" (I am guilty) :p

When you start writing fanfiction and turn it in for school writing assignments. My literature teacher understands me when I start talking about Rurouni Kenshin because she's read so much of my stuff.

haha~ i think i watch 2 much when i'm obsessed wif watchin anime instead of mine study. well, n also when u like some1 in e anime u're currently watchin but u still have a crush on him despite knowin he's not real >.<
i'm guilty XP

You've been watching to much anime when:
>You talk about a character as a friend
>You try to do a special attack
>You quote different anime too accurately
>You shout out a catch phrase
>You've been in and out of a mental institute more than once

Woah! I've definitely watchd too much anime then. I've
1.dressed like an anime character
2.styled my hair like an anime character
3.Changed my name to an anime character
4.Took up the language to make watching animes easier
5.Watched the same anime not 50 times, not that much but I never get tired of it
6.Took up anime downloading
7.Worked at an anime store just to get discounts

Almost ALL!

You know what an Otaku is and then realise that you have turned into one years ago
BEST x)

-> When you get nose bleeds from looking at kakkoii boys/kirei girls :p

When, upon seeing females of three different ages, you are under the impression that you are in fact the hero of a harem anime.

speak more Japanese
when I'm talking I add the word of an expression e.g drop on my head, things like that
starting to collect anime characters funny faces :D

Sometimes I tend to put myself into the romantic scenario with someone that I adore so much due to certain anime which I like enjoyed watching.....hehehe....!

Konata Izumi

You say to your friends; "I wish I was like Konata Izumi..."
You know you've been watching too much anime when they reply with:
"You ARE like Konata!"
True tale!!!

Back
Top Bottom