What's new

What is so special bout FF7???

I don't have much of an opinion on that. I don't really like him or hate him. Same goes for Squall. :p

Final Fantasy VII was the 1st rpg i ever played (as silly as it sounds.) i wasnt really interested when i 1st got it, but after playing it, the game grew on me. its hard to explain why, but after about a week, it became my favourite game and several years later, nothing has changed :D
i guess its all down to personal taste though ;)

lol...here was actually the first time i heard of the gackt/leon twin thing, and now whenever i play fviii i laugh because it's had to imagine gackt doing those things. o_O

ashuri2 said:
lol...here was actually the first time i heard of the gackt/leon twin thing, and now whenever i play fviii i laugh because it's had to imagine gackt doing those things. o_O

True because it would be him if he did :D

whats great about FF7?here's the answer

:eek: what's great about final fantasy 7 ....................................

is that it has :p

SEPHIROTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and that is why :)

Got sef? 😌

yeah :)

ashuri2 said:
heh heh, you are so right...sephiroth is enough coolness to make all of ff worth it...

Yeah, I agree....Sephiroth did make that game but Cloud was just as good in my opinion.

The rivalry and sheer strength between Cloud and Seph was amazing. To think that Cloud was once only a low grade Soldier next to Sephiroth (remember when he saves cloud from the dragon in the flashback? and he's 47 levels higher or something lol), but by the end of the game you're equal in power to him, is incredible. None of the other characters compare, but because of the plots and dialogue, they feel almost as important as cloud (redxiii and cosmo canyon, barret and avalanche, cid and shinra and the rocket etc.)

That's one of the reasons why I think it's such a great game. In 8, I didn't really fell attached to people like Irvine or Selphie, because they were well..boring lol.

9 did a better job of it though. But still not as good as 7.

Areku said:
The rivalry and sheer strength between Cloud and Seph was amazing. To think that Cloud was once only a low grade Soldier next to Sephiroth (remember when he saves cloud from the dragon in the flashback? and he's 47 levels higher or something lol), but by the end of the game you're equal in power to him, is incredible. None of the other characters compare, but because of the plots and dialogue, they feel almost as important as cloud (redxiii and cosmo canyon, barret and avalanche, cid and shinra and the rocket etc.)

That's one of the reasons why I think it's such a great game. In 8, I didn't really fell attached to people like Irvine or Selphie, because they were well..boring lol.

The scene with Cid was really nice......quite unique I thought.

Areku said:

you're right, it's one of the reasons why i don't like 8 as much, i don't feel the connection and chemistry between the characters like i did on 7. on 7 they felt like a team, while on 8 it's like a group of strong people who run around kicking monster butt. cool, but it means something's lacking inthe story somewhere.

ashuri2 said:
you're right, it's one of the reasons why i don't like 8 as much, i don't feel the connection and chemistry between the characters like i did on 7. on 7 they felt like a team, while on 8 it's like a group of strong people who run around kicking monster butt. cool, but it means something's lacking inthe story somewhere.

I agree...FF8 just didn't do it for me.

Why FF7 is so special...

In my opinion, the gameplay was solid but the game was moderately easy. The materia system emphasized strategy but unfortunately didn't distinguish the characters too well.

What made the game great was the a) the main plot, b) the characters - specifically Cloud (crushed under the expectations of his youth and his failure to meet them) and Sephiroth (controlled by the very cells of Jenova that made him so powerful, he is driven insane, and yet it is clear that he once had the capacity for great good) c) the fact that the subplots intricately tied in with the main plot, filling in holes and connecting seemingly disparate characters (for example, Hojo, Vincent, Lucrecia, and Sephiroth all tied together) and events.

In any case, I liked it a lot, but unfortunately, it almost got too complicated such that I felt like they left some plot holes. (What exactly is Jenova? I'm still not sure.) Those are my 2 cents.

dreamer said:
Well Sure FF7 materia system was great!! But I liked Squall's character in FF8.

Yes i must agree that materia system was best!! And yes Squall character was awesome in 8. Had such sincere side.

Areku said:
...To think that Cloud was once only a low grade Soldier next to Sephiroth (remember when he saves cloud from the dragon in the flashback? and he's 47 levels higher or something lol)...

That flashback never happened as Cloud remembered it. That was actually Zack. Cloud was never in SOLDIER.

To contribute my own opinion about FF7, I think it's a fun game with a great storyline. I believe that the reason FF7 is so popular is because it was a lot of people's first RPG, coupled with the fact that it was the leader in RPG graphics at the time. But I think the biggest factor that hooked hardcore gamers is the intense deep story.

I never got into FF8, but I did like FF9 (not as much as FF7). FF9 had some good music and the mini games were great, despite the fact that none of the characters (save Vivi) were all that interesting. I always play FF9 as though Vivi were the main character, and I have not been disappointed. Tetra Master was extremely addicting and fun, and the Chocobo Hot & Cold game was the best mini-game ever, bar none.

FFX just plain sucked, storyline, battle/level system, weapon system, linearity, everything.

Another great addition to the Final Fantasy series was FFT. That comes close to being my favorite Final Fantasy game.

Hopefully FFXII brings a revitalization to the series, seeing as how Square basically ruined it with FFX and FFX-2.

i didn't like ff7 ither i liked 9,10,10-2,and 8.no offense to you finalfantasy 7 fans but i just didn't like it as much as i did 8,9,10,10-2.I don't know why i thought the ending waz pretty cheese-e.

its cheesy but ...but..............................mewh

its cheesy but :( ........................................................................

it has SEPHIROTH that makes it better right?

YES IT DOES BEACUSE HES SEPHIROTH ............yay!!!!!!!!!!!

:joyful:

DarK isYummY yea

What things i dont like from Final Fantasy 7

i didint`like Final Fantasy 7 casue of the graphics for once
i mean i sure know that it was great for time... but its old know and there are better games than that like Final Fantasy 8. The Materia system sucked!!!!
You can only put the good ones that dosen`t lower your STATS!!!!!!!!
like deathblow,but i couldnt use the summonings cause they lowered my stats!!! And also the fact that one of your charcters DIE!!!!!!!
( I Really didin`t like Aeris cause my team was Cloud,Tifa and Yuffie)
And they look Like Popeye!!!!!!!!...
Squaresoft you really outdone yourself on this one...

What things i like about Final Fantasy 7

Well ts the first final fantasy game with 3D action and it has nice loking highly detailed videos!!! wich is really good and the characters blew me off
The thing i most like is the storyline...

Squall_Leonhart said:
What things i dont like from Final Fantasy 7

i didint`like Final Fantasy 7 casue of the graphics for once
i mean i sure know that it was great for time... but its old know and there are better games than that like Final Fantasy 8. The Materia system sucked!!!!
You can only put the good ones that dosen`t lower your STATS!!!!!!!!
like deathblow,but i couldnt use the summonings cause they lowered my stats!!! And also the fact that one of your charcters DIE!!!!!!!
( I Really didin`t like Aeris cause my team was Cloud,Tifa and Yuffie)
And they look Like Popeye!!!!!!!!...
Squaresoft you really outdone yourself on this one...

What things i like about Final Fantasy 7

Well ts the first final fantasy game with 3D action and it has nice loking highly detailed videos!!! wich is really good and the characters blew me off
The thing i most like is the storyline...

The materia system sucked!!?!?!?! :? ARE YOU MAD! True some lowered your stats but there things that also hired your stats. Just because they did that dosen't mean don't use the materia. Use it on another character!? :D And just to let you know FF8 wasn't all that!? True it had good movie scenes, and the story was...aaaa -shakes hand back and forth- but look at its play scenes, just like FF7 they sucked from the standpoint of 2004 day and time- the characters were all pixelated and skinny. Its really funny comparing FF8 skinny pixelated characters to FF7 rounded popeye characters. Both were bad so this cancels each other out.And of course Aeris dies [twirls fingers] but that part of the story was one of the reason FF7 is a good game. Look at the depth of the story man!? And last...they look like popeye ☝ Dont make me hurt you.

👍 ~*~FF7 is the GREATEST~*~ 👍

u know the guy that said that squall ......

:eek: the guy that said that about the final fantasy 7 about the material just 2 posts before .................is my brother ☝ tan tatatatatat
(suspense music)
and he said that to annoy u people :) anyway.....................................

SEPHIROTH RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hungry
DarK is YummY

#47 yea that's him

my bro is timf but anywho i thought the materia thing sucked the graphic suck and also some of the people sucked

Back
Top Bottom