What's new

xTIDx

後輩
2 Dec 2015
So I've been using Genki and learning a few individual grammar words but Genki seems more suited to class studys than self study, Is there a good book for self learning Japanese language? I've tried looking reviews but they all seem ether biased or it's just the websites trying to sell their own.

Sure, it has exercises that are geared towards a class setting, but for pure learning it's perfectly suited for self study in my opinion. I used it myself to get the basics down (and didn't need to re-learn them from a different source afterwards).

Sure, it has exercises that are geared towards a class setting, but for pure learning it's perfectly suited for self study in my opinion. I used it myself to get the basics down (and didn't need to re-learn them from a different source afterwards).
But the in class bits kind of throw me off, I would prefer something a bit more aimed at self learners.

Im using minna
Try these. Be sure to purchase the translation copy, too.
Amazon.co.uk: minna no nihongo
100% I also recommend that book minna no nihongo im currenty using it, its more of a class room textbook(grammar heavy).....Japanese for busy people seems more centered for self study
ps: are you interested in learning grammar or conversation skills

are you interested in learning grammar or conversation skills

People not understanding that is not an either-or proposition is largely responsible for the poor progress and proficiency so prominent among the bulk of learners.

People not understanding that is not an either-or proposition is largely responsible for the poor progress and proficiency so prominent among the bulk of learners.
unfortunately i found some textbooks tend to focus on a specific area more than others .... im not sure what he/shes reason for studying japan are.

ps:i recommend a finding a text book that does not use romanjii as some textbooks come with it as a option like minami and Japanese for busy people

Im using minna

100% I also recommend that book minna no nihongo im currenty using it, its more of a class room textbook(grammar heavy).....Japanese for busy people seems more centered for self study
ps: are you interested in learning grammar or conversation skills
Both.

Here is a good list of books, it also mentioning Minna and Genki as well some good resources that are more suited for self-study (which is what you were after) like Human Japanese or Erin's Challenge.

Back
Top Bottom