What's new

Post your picture here!

kirei_na_me, I must say I did wonder at times if you really had kirei na me. I would say that you do. ;)

Do you normally call your kids by Japanese names or are they listed that way for your in-laws benefit? Most "half" kids I know are given American first names and Japanese middle names.

kirei_na_me, I must say I did wonder at times if you really had kirei na me. I would say that you do.

😊

Thank you for saying that. Very sweet.

Do you normally call your kids by Japanese names or are they listed that way for your in-laws benefit?

No, all 3 are called by their Japanese names. I sometimes wonder if we didn't make a big mistake by starting to call them by their Japanese names, because already, I'm seeing people struggle to pronounce them. They all have Western middle names, but my family just started calling them by the Japanese names. My oldest, Seiya, will go to Kindergarten this coming Fall, and I was already worried that they will call him "China boy" and other stuff like that, but now I feel having a difficult name to pronounce will make it even worse.

With Ryukai, I did change the R to an L in hopes of making it a little easier for people around here, and I also call him "Luke" sometimes, which sounds like a shortened version of Ryukai. With Seiya and Sena, though, they can't really be shortened. I have had people say Sena's name like "sinner", which is kind of...ummm...weird, and everybody asks me if Sena and Seiya are girls if they only hear their names and don't actually see them. *sigh*

Okay, got off on a tangent. Sorry about that... :p

Hmmm tough call. I suppose when they get old enough they can revert to their middle names or more "normal" sounding names if they wish. I'm sure it'll work out.

Yeah, what about some more orthodox, English sounding names like Leofwine, Wybert, Hrothgar or Blodeuwedd. At least people wouldn't have problem pronouncing them. :p

Originally posted by kirei_na_me
I couldn't decide which pic of me to put up, since they are all awful, so here is a link to my family's photo page. We made this so my in-laws could check in now and then check on everyone's progress(Japan).

Ryukai definitely has your eyes!!!!!!!!!! From what I gather from your pics, it looks like you have an awesome bunch kids! You lucky girl!:)

Originally posted by Atsukan
Ryukai definately has your eyes!!!!!!!!!! From what I gather from your pics, it looks like you have a awesome bunch a kids! You lucky girl!:)

I don't understand,, yea isn't that girl holding chanel? whats up with that and like the 'no makeup' comment, heh all I think of is the movie Kids when "telle" is talking about this girl he was with and he was like "Wow, you looked cute as a baby!" and the girl said, "that picture was taken less than a year ago, I look younger without makeup on."

Josh - Without makeup on,

I know, I know. That was a silly picture. That picture was taken for a friend of mine that wanted to know what the Gucci Rush perfume bottle looked like, and I was just being silly holding it like that to take a picture. It just so happened I didn't have makeup on, and I usually do. Just wanted to inform anyone who saw it that I usually didn't look that bad. :p

And Atsukan, thank you for saying so. They're a full time job... ;)

Last edited:
Well, this is me I know I haven't been on in a long time, but the school has been running me all over the place ^_^ I hope this works I'm not very good with computers.

me!!.jpg

Originally posted by Anastasia
Well this is me i know i haven't been on in a long time but school has been running me all over the place ^_^ i hope this works i'm not very good with computers

Is that a 'Meowth' on your bed-spread? heh, coo photos everyone.

Joshua Tree - Grass Pokemon

Originally posted by ghettocities
Is that a 'Meowth' on your bed-spread? heh, coo photos everyone.

Actually the one is a quilt and the other is a blanket with the sun, moon and stars on it :)

yeah fosters is good but crown lager should really be representing the land down under, its "australia's finest" i spent my last $20 aussie dollars on a couple of those in sydney airport waiting for my plane to take off.

also, great pics everyone

Thanks! :)

It's one of these purikura pics taken in Sunshine City in Ikebukuro.

Originally posted by thomas
My wife and I. If she finds this thread I'm dead meat.

I feel such dissapointment thomas... I was hoping you looked like your avatar with a samurai sword at your side... but you look normal! We must change your image to a godzilla-killa or something like that! =D

Originally posted by thomas
Don't worry, when I'm really mad I do look like my avatar, lol.

Woah!

Props to you Thomas, your wife is really good looking! Here is a photo of my future wife, heh...

Josh

Back
Top Bottom