What's new

Has the Japan Pilot Association dropped the limit for the EKG/ECG for pilots

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
4 Sep 2015
Hi guys. I don't know how to search this in Japanese so I need a bit of help.
In America this has now taken place... The FAA has very quietly tacitly admitted that the EKGs of pilots are no longer normal. We should be concerned. Very concerned. After the vaccine rolled out, the FAA secretly widened the EKG parameter range for pilots so they wouldn't be grounded.
On October 24, 2022, the FAA quietly, without any announcement at all, widened the EKG requirements necessary for pilots to be able to fly.

The PR (a measure of heart function) used to be in the range of .12 to .2.

It is now: .12 to .3 and potentially even higher.

Any news of Japanese falling ill after they have been vaccinated?

In America this has now taken place... The FAA has very quietly tacitly admitted that the EKGs of pilots are no longer normal. We should be concerned. Very concerned. After the vaccine rolled out, the FAA secretly widened the EKG parameter range for pilots so they wouldn't be grounded.
On October 24, 2022, the FAA quietly, without any announcement at all, widened the EKG requirements necessary for pilots to be able to fly.

Before asking about Japan how about finding out the facts regarding the situation in America?
All these alarmist rightwing sites push alternative facts (which are not facts at all). Somebody on reddit took the time to look into this claim.

====

It's ironic because it seems like many in this comment thread would lead you to believe that they do their own research and yet they don't because if they did they would have found what you did. I did some further digging and it seems the FAA simply updated its guide to match medical literature, which by the way has been saying since well before the pandemic that PR interval range of 200-300 ms although although not considered normal is usually not symptomatic. See here:

First-degree AVB does not usually cause symptoms; however, if the PR interval is markedly prolonged (more than 300 to 600 ms), a loss of optimal AV synchrony may reduce the atrial contribution to ventricular filling, therefore decreasing cardiac output, especially in patients with diastolic dysfunction, and lead to symptoms of heart failure.
That was published back in 2017.

Further:

For the vast majority of patients, no treatment is necessary beyond routine observation for worsening conduction delay.
That was cited from publications in 2016 and 2018.

The blog mentions that this was done quietly which I find comical. I mean what do you want them to do, make a press release like "Updated guidelines for AMEs to align with medical literature" not exactly the type of headlines people will click on.

To me it seems the FAA, which is notoriously slow at changing regs let alone a guide, finally got around to updating this to make it so a pilot just trying to support their family who has First-degree AVB with a PR interval of less than 300 ms doesn't lose their medical and subsequently have to go flip burgers (not that there is anything wrong with that) instead of flying airplanes for a living.

Then why did the Canadian, American and the Philippines ground their airplanes for one day? That is a fact?

Music,

Please post a link to a source that tells us about these changes to USA FAA medical requirements. (I hold an FAA-issued pilot's certificate, I have not heard of these changes, and I think I would have heard of them.)

I don't have a link for the date, but Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map | Flightradar24 would show something. There's a pilot here on the forum. I think he probably can find about the planes been grounded.
The FAA NOTAM system went down causing a ground stop in the U.S. for a couple hours a couple weeks ago. Canada also had trouble that same day but I don't think there was a ground stop. Also an alert related to North Korea that same day. No idea about Philippines. Nothing in the news that I could find.

I don't have a link for the date, but Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map | Flightradar24 would show something. There's a pilot here on the forum. I think he probably can find about the planes been grounded.
So, you don't have a link, you're apparently helpless to find anything to corroborate it by yourself, but I guess you heard/read something on some conspiracy/whacko channel, and somehow believe that enough to post it here?

Gee, there's a monster that makes scary noises under my bed at night--and another that hides in the closet. Can you help?

Start from the presupposition that "a critical mass of medical professionals are colluding with genocidal billionaires to both create viruses that kill people (but aren't that bad! You don't need a mask!) AND sell a vaccine for that virus (but uh, it doesn't work? And uh, ACTUALLY it's a poison far more deadly than covid!) There's no other way to interpret everything that has happened..."

...and the dumbest nonsense will start making sense.

I would advise discernment in choosing your information sources, because the current batch seem to be either idiots misinterpreting everything to fit their narrative, or are deliberately lying to you.

200.gif
I'm sure if it's on TV news media or the internet , it must be true! I will admit some of the items that seem the craziest have come to be found true after a while. I read the other day that the Titanic hitting an iceberg can't be true because the underwater pictures of it show no sign of the iceberg , LOL.

@musicisgood, a while back you had asked about any records of adverse vaccine reactions in Japan, and at the time I found two possible cases that were inconclusive.

Some time has passed, so what do we find when we look for research papers on the subject? Here are some published last year:

9/15/2022 - Reports of acute adverse events in mRNA COVID-19 vaccine recipients after the first and second doses in Japan
Here's a paper looking at acute reactions to covid vaccines in Japan. From the abstract, they monitored 130,000 individuals given two doses of the vaccine between august and November 2021. They found 1.1% of recipients had reaction to the first shot, and 0.4% to the second dose. The most common reaction type was vasovagal syncope/presyncope (VVR), with higher rates of occurrence in patients under 30, followed by acute allergic reactions (where age doesn't seem to be a factor). The vast majority of these reactions occur within 20 minutes of receiving the shot (which is why vaccination centers ask that you stick around in case you do have a reaction). They found that laying the patient down for the injection improved these outcomes. They say "acute," but there's no report of any of these reactions being long-lasting or fatal.

7/15/2022 - Delayed Vasovagal Reaction with Reflex Syncope Following COVID-19 Vaccination
Here's a paper looking at delayed VVR in Japan, where they found 6 cases out of 25,530, a prevalence of 0.026%. Their abstract leaves me with some questions, but since there were so few cases, the full text briefly describes the symptons of each case. Spoiler alert, all cases occurred within a half hour of getting a shot, and they all made a full recovery after having a lie-down. No mention of any cases happening hours--let alone days or weeks--after getting vaccinated.

7/13/2022 - Incidence, risk factors, natural history, and hypothesised mechanisms of myocarditis and pericarditis following covid-19 vaccination: living evidence syntheses and review
A paper on the prevalence of post-vaccination myocarditis and pericarditis, suggesting slightly greater risk for young men. This resulted in adjustments in spacing out the vaccines and opting for a different vaccine if concern is warranted.

9/29/2022 - Vasovagal reactions after COVID-19 vaccination in Japan
A paper compiling 46 studies on the rates of VVR after getting the covid vaccine in Japan, with an overall rate of 9.6 per million patients (That's REALLY low).

June 2022 - Safety monitoring of COVID-19 vaccines in Japan
This paper talks about Japan's monitoring efforts for vaccine safety in Japan

Everything I've seen so far from reputable sources suggest that:
  • By last fall, 75% of the population in Japan received at least two doses of a covid vaccine.
  • Adverse reactions to the vaccines are rare
  • When they do happen, reported adverse reactions to the vaccines
    • occur within an hour of injection, mostly within 20 minutes
    • are short-lived, and
    • most times require no medical intervention beyond a little rest.
Other conclusions thus far that I consider important to note, but not directly gleaned from the above links:
  • Vaccines are effective against severe covid infection (see relative covid death rates for vaccinated and unvaccinated cohorts)
  • Covid infection itself has a greater chance of giving you similar symptoms to "acute" reactions to a vaccine, such as myocarditis and pericarditis.
  • If vaccines were wreaking havoc on industries and causing a significant portion of recipients to suddenly drop dead or develop health problems as a direct result of getting vaccinated, that shoe would've dropped by now, don't you think?
  • Not EVERYTHING on the internet is a lie, but the internet is full of liars - you need to exercise extreme discernment on whom you lend credulity
  • Don't take medical advice from Telegram, Youtube, or social media. Talk to your doctor and trust that they probably aren't trying to murder you.
  • Correlation does not equal causation
"But," you might say, "I keep hearing about athletes/pilots/nurses/etc suddenly having heart problems or dying... they were (presumably) forced to get vaccinated because of their vocation, so this must be a result of the vaccine!"

This is partly due to the Baader-Meinhoff Phenomenon. Were you paying attention to stories like that before? Probably not, unless if you're a cardiologist. Now that we have a vaccine and people are suggesting it's to blame for any excess death despite a lack of evidence, they'll jump on any questionable death and immediately try to draw a line back to a vaccine the deceased received sometime in the past. The over-reporting of rare cases creates the illusion that an issue is more prevalent than it actually is. It's easy to see how people who are enticed by the theories are willing to take these assertions at face value.

Even if we took that 9.6 per million rate of VVR (which again, is an immediate, short-lived, and easily recovered-from side effect) and said it had a 100% mortality rate, and extrapolated it to 75% (94,957,346) of Japan's population (126,476,461), we'd theoretically see 910 deaths as a direct result of vaccination in Japan. Meanwhile, 66,297 people are verified to have died from covid in Japan to date.

So I guess the question is, what exactly do you think is going on?

@musicisgood, a while back you had asked about any records of adverse vaccine reactions in Japan, and at the time I found two possible cases that were inconclusive.

Some time has passed, so what do we find when we look for research papers on the subject? Here are some published last year:

9/15/2022 - Reports of acute adverse events in mRNA COVID-19 vaccine recipients after the first and second doses in Japan
Here's a paper looking at acute reactions to covid vaccines in Japan. From the abstract, they monitored 130,000 individuals given two doses of the vaccine between august and November 2021. They found 1.1% of recipients had reaction to the first shot, and 0.4% to the second dose. The most common reaction type was vasovagal syncope/presyncope (VVR), with higher rates of occurrence in patients under 30, followed by acute allergic reactions (where age doesn't seem to be a factor). The vast majority of these reactions occur within 20 minutes of receiving the shot (which is why vaccination centers ask that you stick around in case you do have a reaction). They found that laying the patient down for the injection improved these outcomes. They say "acute," but there's no report of any of these reactions being long-lasting or fatal.

7/15/2022 - Delayed Vasovagal Reaction with Reflex Syncope Following COVID-19 Vaccination
Here's a paper looking at delayed VVR in Japan, where they found 6 cases out of 25,530, a prevalence of 0.026%. Their abstract leaves me with some questions, but since there were so few cases, the full text briefly describes the symptons of each case. Spoiler alert, all cases occurred within a half hour of getting a shot, and they all made a full recovery after having a lie-down. No mention of any cases happening hours--let alone days or weeks--after getting vaccinated.

7/13/2022 - Incidence, risk factors, natural history, and hypothesised mechanisms of myocarditis and pericarditis following covid-19 vaccination: living evidence syntheses and review
A paper on the prevalence of post-vaccination myocarditis and pericarditis, suggesting slightly greater risk for young men. This resulted in adjustments in spacing out the vaccines and opting for a different vaccine if concern is warranted.

9/29/2022 - Vasovagal reactions after COVID-19 vaccination in Japan
A paper compiling 46 studies on the rates of VVR after getting the covid vaccine in Japan, with an overall rate of 9.6 per million patients (That's REALLY low).

June 2022 - Safety monitoring of COVID-19 vaccines in Japan
This paper talks about Japan's monitoring efforts for vaccine safety in Japan

Everything I've seen so far from reputable sources suggest that:
  • By last fall, 75% of the population in Japan received at least two doses of a covid vaccine.
  • Adverse reactions to the vaccines are rare
  • When they do happen, reported adverse reactions to the vaccines
    • occur within an hour of injection, mostly within 20 minutes
    • are short-lived, and
    • most times require no medical intervention beyond a little rest.
Other conclusions thus far that I consider important to note, but not directly gleaned from the above links:
  • Vaccines are effective against severe covid infection (see relative covid death rates for vaccinated and unvaccinated cohorts)
  • Covid infection itself has a greater chance of giving you similar symptoms to "acute" reactions to a vaccine, such as myocarditis and pericarditis.
  • If vaccines were wreaking havoc on industries and causing a significant portion of recipients to suddenly drop dead or develop health problems as a direct result of getting vaccinated, that shoe would've dropped by now, don't you think?
  • Not EVERYTHING on the internet is a lie, but the internet is full of liars - you need to exercise extreme discernment on whom you lend credulity
  • Don't take medical advice from Telegram, Youtube, or social media. Talk to your doctor and trust that they probably aren't trying to murder you.
  • Correlation does not equal causation
"But," you might say, "I keep hearing about athletes/pilots/nurses/etc suddenly having heart problems or dying... they were (presumably) forced to get vaccinated because of their vocation, so this must be a result of the vaccine!"

This is partly due to the Baader-Meinhoff Phenomenon. Were you paying attention to stories like that before? Probably not, unless if you're a cardiologist. Now that we have a vaccine and people are suggesting it's to blame for any excess death despite a lack of evidence, they'll jump on any questionable death and immediately try to draw a line back to a vaccine the deceased received sometime in the past. The over-reporting of rare cases creates the illusion that an issue is more prevalent than it actually is. It's easy to see how people who are enticed by the theories are willing to take these assertions at face value.

Even if we took that 9.6 per million rate of VVR (which again, is an immediate, short-lived, and easily recovered-from side effect) and said it had a 100% mortality rate, and extrapolated it to 75% (94,957,346) of Japan's population (126,476,461), we'd theoretically see 910 deaths as a direct result of vaccination in Japan. Meanwhile, 66,297 people are verified to have died from covid in Japan to date.

So I guess the question is, what exactly do you think is going on?
I want to thank you very much for your research and detail information that I was deeply looking for. As you know, there are people around the globe that really has lost faith and trust in what the politicians tell them what is good for them. As I mentioned in a post that clarified my VA enlistment, that I am a Vietnam Era Veteran that served in South East Asia, but never put foot in South Vietnam as a USAF soldier. I believed at that time we had a purpose to stop the Communist aggression in that area that would spread to America. Yes, true. Today we can buy our guitar and amplifiers from Fender, Marshall, Vox and others from Vietnam. As the world changes, maybe the vaccines are safe, time will tell. I believe many on this forum are on their 3 or 4th, but I do ask myself this... why...
Maybe what you posted in the above will answer it. People have asked me about how the Japanese are handling the vaccine. Now sir, you have shown such professionalism in replying to my request. Thank you very much.

This is your work. Do you mind if I post your findings and give you at JREF the credit. I'd be honored to do so.

thank you
music is good ( magic )

I believe many on this forum are on their 3 or 4th, but I do ask myself this... why...
Why what? The same reason I get a flu vaccine every year. To protect myself and my family as best as I can. The covid vaccine has been proven to reduce the effects of Covid. On the whole vaccinated people get over it quicker, get hospitalized less and fewer die. Sure people roll the dice and believe they have a strong immune system but you really don't know how you will react to Covid until you get it. And getting it once and recovering doesn't prove anything. Long term effects aren't clearly understood and subsequent bouts aren't necessarily easier than the first. The vast majority will get over it just fine (at least short term) but some don't find out until it's too late that they won't get over it. Even then often those people still don't admit their lack of knowledge and hubris is what did them in. They go to the hospital when it's too late and then blame the medical professionals when things don't go well. Many stories at sorryantivaxer.com.

I'm sorry if my first response was too acerbic, I just get so stressed by this stuff because I have strained relationships with people who have fallen down this rabbit hole, and when I look through their post history and watch them descend into this illogical and angry world view, riddled with inconsistencies and conspiracies and proven-false claims being parroted as obvious truths, my entire neck cramps up. The confidence of their delivery can make you question your own world view, but nothing they claim holds up to the slightest scrutiny. So, I quietly look up the story, shake my head in disbelief, say nothing to avoid further damaging the relationship, and move on.

And the day before you made this thread, a family member posted the exact same story about the EKG regulations changing. A little kernel of a fact (the regulation had been updated) wrapped in a rotten cabbage of conjecture (that they had "quietly" made the change because too many pilots were getting grounded--because the vaccine messed up their hearts, that the vaccine they mandated is killing pilots--and so the FAA somehow wants more pilots with a high risk of sudden cardiac failure at the helm). Do you see how even in describing the position, there are inconsistencies and conflicting interests? What's more newsworthy, a pilot having a heart attack at home while he was grounded for his EKG, or a pilot dying in mid-air over the Atlantic? Which would you prefer, as the regulatory agency?

That's because it's all just fanfiction, a fantasy projected onto the abstraction of outgroups.

I think the world is a big scary place and our human brains are made to cooperate in small social groups where we know and trust everyone, and people in other outgroups are immediately not to be trusted. Our tendency towards tribal affiliations has carried into various aspects of our personal identities: nationality, religion, race, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic caste, where we grew up and where we've lived, our work and hobbies, and now our political affiliation, and where we land on an ever-growing list of topics.

Rather than living in a small tribe where everyone is more or less on the same page, we share the planet with 7+ billion cousins, most of whom only exist in abstraction. Our brains are barely able to contemplate our own individual sentience and complexity, we can't possibly fathom the lives of others; we can either imagine an individual person in a certain circumstance, usually by imagining ourselves if we were in that situation... or an abstracted tribe, where the individuals are reduced down to a simplified idea of a person. When you zoom out enough the faces give way to the crowd and you lose sight of the trees in the forest, like half a million q-tips painted to look like the audience in Star Wars:

kirap04k31y01.jpg

We are absolutely adrift in a diverse world of constant change and conflict, threats and opportunities, and now we can go online and form countless tribal associations with people who share our perspectives one way or the other. We build echo chambers which function like social mixers, where we try to impress one another with how much we know, and synthesize arguments hashed together from the information we can recall. When we do finally interact with the other side, it's like we're inhabiting different realities, speaking different languages, because we'd each gotten lost in our own fanfictions. We then make in-jokes or dogwhistles we can reference with each other or use in arguments, to signal our affiliation through our choice of words. Those things then become red flags (because when more than a few people know something, it's not a secret anymore), and the "other" side will start discounting or make efforts to de-platform people who speak that way; we then assert that they are affiliated with tribes that everyone knows are bad. Driving wedges, and violating our rights to express ourselves.

And in that throbbing mass of voices called the internet, there are jokesters and trolls, there are people who have multiple accounts, there are people wielding armies of bots to boost untrue or unpopular opinions, there are grifters, and there are a lot of people pretending to understand what's really going on. These people generally are motivated by their own profit and have found a way to make a fortune from this divisiveness. They've found that saying certain things will gain them attention, a following, clout, and money, so they say those things like pulling the arm of a slot machine.

But there are also honest people who are making a good faith effort to pursue the truth. There are people publishing research--actual research, so we can have data properly analyzed to help us make sense of things and find trends, so we can make accurate predictions and measure their accuracy, adjust our models, and act accordingly to stop disaster and to save lives.

It takes very little effort to make something up and assert it as fact, and an order of magnitude more effort to prove or disprove it (this is called Brandolini's Law AKA the BS asymmetry principle). A bad faith actor can churn out lies rapidly, and before facts can be checked it's irrelevant because that was already five lies ago.

So remember: anything that is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. When something seems plausible to you you're more likely to accept it as true because it reinforces your world-view. Then when we see something that is contrary to that image of reality, we immediately come up with reasons to discount it. Healthy skepticism is good, but knee-jerk rejection shuts down discussion. Watch for that immediate reaction when you're reading posts online. Take a good look at yourself when you find yourself commenting or resharing a post that angered or excited you.

So let's look at the data and see if the analysis holds up. Data science isn't perfect or infallible, but it's a helpful tool for us to understand what's happening. And then we can try on a narrative... if that story were true, would we be seeing this dataset, or does it suggest something else?

The truth is a mess because the world is a mess, but in the same way, our brains want to make things simple for us, so we're attracted to black and white/good vs evil narratives. It's comforting to think that there are just good guys and bad guys, and of course we're one of the good guys. But then we take our goodness and forge it into a hammer so we can beat our enemies bloody with our righteous rightness.

This is your work. Do you mind if I post your findings and give you at JREF the credit. I'd be honored to do so.
You are welcome to quote me but maybe don't credit me directly; I am not sure I want to invite further attention or debate to myself. While I get a little obsessive over getting the details right, my facts straight, and my thoughts salient while writing these posts, I don't really take much pleasure in these topics. My neck and shoulders cramp up because this topic feels important, and the compulsion to address inconsistencies and word myself carefully can create a lot of anxiety. As much as I'd love to drive more traffic to this amazing forum, I don't want to get dogpiled by people who see me as being in on some kind of conspiracy just for comprehending publicly available information.

Hello nice gaijin .
As your name implies, your generous thoughts of facts and feelings are appreciated. That is why I asked for your permission. I like to keep up with the truth and I read the : The Lancet | The best science for better lives
I'm very happy that you took the time you did to make your post/reply.
Well, this will be my 4 th year to cycle around Japan and see any new changes of behavior. I might end up in Shikoku and do the cycling/camping there.
Anyone here live in Shikoku and want to meet up for a cup of coffee?

anti-vaxxers... :rolleyes:
Like vacinologists and heart doctors who very concerned about the 10 serious indicator symptoms that FDA has added to the COVID vacinnes or the fact that the CDC adverse event app works to hide the most serious side effect reports by requiring reports to put it in other side effects so it can't be easily summarised.

Like vacinologists and heart doctors who very concerned about the 10 serious indicator symptoms that FDA has added to the COVID vacinnes or the fact that the CDC adverse event app works to hide the most serious side effect reports by requiring reports to put it in other side effects so it can't be easily summarised.
Are you talking about VSafe? Your concern doesn't make much sense. If it's not a common symptom what else can they do but give you an "other" box to report it?
Anything truly serious should be reported via the health system via your personal physician. Anyway it's for reporting symptoms not diagnoses. It's not like one would know they have myocarditis without a physician's help.

@cloa513 ... I'm sorry are you suggesting that the CDC is keeping reports of serious vaccine side effects suppressed by manipulating questions on a survey, because they don't let patients self-diagnose themselves like they do in VAERS?

Maybe we should let them upload videos of themselves faking tremors, so we can follow up with these poor afflicted clout-chasers?

Before you show up and prove my point about Brandolini's law, please go look over the handful of papers I shared above. What does the data suggest to you? Is there any reason to believe that the data from Japan is anomalous?

Go to www.base-search.net and find yourself some peer-reviewed articles that contradict what I've said so far in this thread, if you can. I am done looking up things for a while on this subject.

Remember folks, that which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. If you can't back up your assertions, they're less than worthless.

People can absolutely report heart problem after having taken the vaccine.
Yes, nothing is stopping them. So what is your point?

You've shared two articles, both about immune responses to mRNA vaccination (not cardiological effects). how much of them did you read?

The science.org one looks at the ratio of certain antibodies after multiple injections, and concludes looking at the timing of vaccination doses. Even the second one which is strongly worded (to the point of appearing editorial) makes a pretty interesting claim in it's conclusion where it cites not a paper submitted (despite over 100 references cited), but a letter sent to the Lancet that suggests that vaccination itself would increase viral transmission. This is pretty dubious.

I'm not going to waste my time reading the epoch times.

I had some time to waste and so I did just that. The Epoch Times doesn't disappoint in that regard.

This article is a perfect example of starting off with reasonable criticism of a privatized and profit-driven health care and drug research system, and using increasing rhetoric to ski jump its readers into a completely bonkers conclusion.

Fear inhibits your ability to think critically. This is a central point made by cardiologist Dr. Aseem Malhotra in his London presentation November 14, 2022.
Originally about the fear of the pandemic, this line feels like foreshadowing before the article starts suggesting that what you should REALLY be afraid of is the vaccine.

Next up is to quote doctors talking about over-prescription of drugs back in 2016, to tee up the concept that's drugs made for profit can actually lead to negative health outcomes. Because an opioid crisis is totally analogous to the topic at hand, right? :rolleyes: I'm jonesin' for my next jab, I'm starting to get vaccine withdrawal!

Blah blah blah, yadda yadda later,
It reanalyzed data that led to the original approval of the shots, and subsequent shot mandates, revealing people were more likely to suffer a serious adverse, disability, hospitalization or life-changing event after receiving an mRNA COVID-19 shot than be hospitalized with COVID.
Wow... Imagine that, people who got vaccinated were less likely to be hospitalized with covid than other maladies. That's the whole point, that's literally the vaccine doing it's job! Life goes on and you are free to have new problems that are unrelated to covid. But we all know how we're expected to read this: those other health problems must be a direct result of getting vaccinated.

Immediately after this Galaxy-brain take, the article cites a YouTube video claiming the following based on "best available evidence" (no citation available for said evidence):
  • COVID-19 shots offer no protection against infection now
  • No reduction in COVID mortality
  • Natural immunity is very protective
  • Shot side effects are nearly three times more likely if you get the shot after having COVID-19
  • Unprecedented harms have been reported from the shots
Whoa, those are some big claims! What conclusions can we expect the average epoch times reader to walk away from this article with? It's literally suggesting that if you want REAL immunity from covid you're better off catching covid than getting a vaccine, and that there are no benefits to getting vaccinated, and they have led to "unprecedented harm."

See how that rhetoric ramps up? It's no wonder how this line of logic has led so many to vilify vaccinologists and epidemiologists; their work has been framed as a crime against humanity. Someone who has been properly primed by this rhetoric may decide to take the law into their own hands and do something about it themselves.

It's truly amazing to read an article mostly setting up an anti-capitalist argument against "psychopathic corporate tyranny" and in the end just encourage people to be afraid of vaccines but not of the disease.

And in the end, a call-to-action... to tweet at your legislators. Don't forget to use this unique #hashtag so epoch times can measure their reach! It's like the swelling orchestra at the climax of V For Vendetta, cut short by the farting Monty Python foot.

HilaryStoddard_MontyPython_footAnimation.gif

Science tries to build accurate models of the messy world so we can make accurate predictions and improve outcomes. Data is subject to interpretation so we have to be careful about biases and economic incentives. Be careful around people who talk fervently about conspiracies to commit genocide.

Go look up death and hospitalization rates for vaccinated and unvaccinated cohorts. There's a lot of information out there. If there's a data set supporting the claims in those bullet points above, I'd like to see it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom