What's new

Why Other Countries Hate Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
godppgo said:
(1) The scary thing is, your above statement is actually a common thinking among many young Chinese.

(2) History has proven countless times the inability of Chinese to unite together to counter foreign forces.

(3) it would be the last nation to wage any real war against its neighbors.

(1) This blanket statement is far from reality of ordinary mainland Chinese younger generation,except for indoctrinated PLA.Great majority people there
are busy in money making schemes on how to better their living conditions.

(2) Your signature icon and many posts here validate own statement,a living example before our very eyes indeed !

(3) American Neo-Conservative think tanks would argue with your assertion,same as some American news networks relentlessly " demonize " China.You may volunteer as PRC lobbyist to prove nay-sayers wrong.

Last edited:
sadie_sue said:
The thing is that every country, no matter how big or small, has things in it's history than bring people to look unkindly on to it. Slavery, wars, massacres, and bad laws or governing parties. But at some point you've got to let it go, I mean, America is in some deep crud right now just having Bush for president, he's already gotten us in some big trouble, and we can't really do a thing about it.

No one living American soul would shameless appear on TV camera and hi-jack internet forums to air denials of slavery of million Africans,interment camps for Japanese-Americans in 1941-1945,American Indian wars and massacres of Native Americans unlike Japanese right-wing political establishment tirelessly play innocent to downplay WW 2 war crimes as plain incidents.Some Japanese aren't letting go of past war ghosts though,constantly rehash WW 2 old wounds to irritate both Chinese and Koreans.

I very much like to hear reaction of Black-Americans if some red-neck white folks in deep south old Confederate states outrightly deny " chapter of slavery " in American history textbooks by downplay those imported-Africans were bought commodities and were merely " indentured plantation workers or laborers ".

Military campaigns on Native American population near extermination never happened,those were " wild-west " gunslinging shoot outs between American cowboys and Native Indian tribal warriors not land-grabbing wars.Can you really shamelessly argue that with today's fellow American Indians ?

Last edited:
Just some questions that I have been curious about.

Immediately after the war, if i am not mistaken, there were very few calls (if any) of outrage against Japanese wartime atrocities. Didn't they start to come about in like the 70's? Why this gap?

During WW2, Shang Kai Shek was equally opposed to the Japanese invasion as the Communists were. Why is it that after the war, he took such a different approach to japan than the Communist party?

Mikawa Ossan said:
Why is it that after the war, he took such a different approach to japan than the Communist party ?

Chiang Kai Shek realized back then,Communism was a " disease " more harmful to China and Chinese culture than Japanese.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 窶渡窶ーテ?#20256;ツ人
We are looking forwarding to invading Tokyo
we will see
may be we are not as strong as you guys
but we are prepared to be strong
and strong enough to revenge
that is what you drive us to do
though one of our leader said "forgive ,but not forgettable "
it is a typical chinese comment ,hah?
ツ債ヲ窶堙昶?堙ーヒ彜窶ケL窶堋ケ窶堙ヲ
😊
it is not needed to forgive..☝
Just forget. time will hael youツ

inkink said:
Regarding whether CHina can defend itself, or its friends, against foreign forces, you may want to google Panmunjeom or ask just your dad.
Also I don't know how many CHinese you actually know to draw such a generalized conclusion about what's typical among young Chinese. 窶渡窶ーテ?#20256;ツ人 is undoubtedly hawkish but hardly more so than Caster51. I don't hear your complaint about Caster51's blatantly fascist and jingoist statements. Of course that's hardly surprising since I remember yourself trying to justify Japan's WWII aggressions a few days ago.

You've read my previous posts regarding my view on human evolution then you should understand why I don't complaint about Caster's statements.

inkink said:
Your tendence to generalize based on race or age group is not very typical of someone educated in Canada. In fact, your racist remarks full of prejudice and animosity against a nation are very characteristic of a Japanese right-wing denier.

Where do you see in any of my posts that I made any racist remark?

inkink said:
I don't hear your complaint about Caster51's blatantly fascist and jingoist statements. Of course that's hardly surprising since I remember yourself trying to justify Japan's WWII aggressions a few days ago.

As I rummaged through " godppgo's " old postings awhile back,I came across one post he boastly reminisced his grandparents' not so brutal experiences during Japanese occupation of Taiwan between 1895-1945.Of-course,he couldn't revealed former Japanese overlords treated Taiwan Chinese locals as " third-class imperial subjects " opposed to " Okinawans and Koreans in second-class catagory ".Some people's baseless infactuation is one-sided,great majority average Japanese don't see Taiwan Chinese eye to eye and probably could care less about them as we obvious can see.

Last edited:
ricecake said:
(1) This blanket statement is far from reality of ordinary mainland Chinese younger generation,except for indoctrinated PLA.Great majority people there
are busy in money making schemes on how to better their living conditions.

That's why I said they won't do the talk when time comes. There's too much for them to lose

ricecake said:
(2) Your *signature icon and many posts here validate own statement,a living example before our very eyes indeed !

Same to you my American friend. Greetings from the great white north🙂

ricecake said:
(3) American Neo-Conservative think tanks would argue with your assertion,same as some American news networks relentlessly " demonize " China.You may volunteer as PRC lobbyist to prove nay-sayers wrong.

They'll stop doing so once they realize how peaceful a nation China truly is.

Mikawa Ossan said:
Immediately after the war, if i am not mistaken, there were very few calls (if any) of outrage against Japanese wartime atrocities. Didn't they start to come about in like the 70's? Why this gap?
During WW2, Shang Kai Shek was equally opposed to the Japanese invasion as the Communists were. Why is it that after the war, he took such a different approach to japan than the Communist party?

Shang Kai Shek was nothing more than a warlord who couldn't care less about the well being of Chinese. He was an opportunist through out all his career and at the end he was merely trying to please the Americans so that he can keep his last stronghold in the island of Taiwan.

CCP was the real "Chinese people's party" and what they did, they did it for the Chinese people.

ricecake said:
As I rummaged through " godppgo's " old postings awhile back,I came across one post he proudly reminisced his grandparents' not so brutal experiences during Japanese occupation of Taiwan between 1910-1945.Of-course,he couldn't revealed his beloved Japanese masters treated his Taiwan Chinese locals as " third-class imperial subjects " opposed to " Okinawans and Koreans in second-class catagory ".Some people's baseless infactuation is one-sided,great majority average Japanese don't see Taiwan Chinese eye to eye and probably could care less about them as we obvious can see.

And they had a good reason for it. The education level and people quality of Taiwanese right after Japan's take over was so low that it was not possible for them to blend in perfectly into the highly developed Japanese society.

Class-distinction might be an outdated way of categorizing people of different social condition. However, there existed such big gap between Taiwanese and Japanese's people quality that such extreme measure was necessary to maintain a stable social environment for both parties.

Mikawa Ossan said:
(1) During WW2, Chiang Kai Shek was equally opposed to the Japanese invasion as the Communists were.

(2) Why is it that after the war, he took such a different approach to japan than the Communist party ?
(1) Partially inaccurate,the " Xian Incident " brought the reluctant Chiang Kai Shek in an united front with Communists against Japanese.He saw " evils " in Communism,Japanese was less detrimental of two evils.

(2) Chiang Kai Shek's son Chiang C Kuo was educated in Russia,he was imprisioned there for KMT's purge of Communists and sympathizers from the party in late 1920's later escaped back to China in the 1930's.

Chiang Kai Shek was a corrupted despotic warlord never believed in democratic principles in his entire life to his death,he truly shamed the founder of Republic of China Dr Sun Yat-Sen.

Last edited:
Mikawa, I think you, as well as many in the west (which includes the majority pacifist Japanese population) have a mis-understanding of what the Chinese's current compliant is about.

It's not really about the war and the atrocities per se. It's about the CURRENT Japanese right-wing movement which pursues a nationalist political agenda through denial of Japan's WWII history.

Right after the war, Chinese under both KMT and CCP governments were not only willing to forget about the pains of the war, but actually sympathetic with the regular Japanese people's war experience.

I often use the NHK series Oshin's popularity in mainland China during the 80's as an example (which may be anecdotal but very revealing anyway). Oshin contains a considerable amount of depiction of regular Japanese's wartime hardships and sufferings. No Chinese in the 80's, or even today (Oshin is being re-run due to its popularity), found those episodes offensive. In fact most Chinese audience applauded and cherished Oshin, as they felt that they can emotionally associate with the regular Japanese people's war time experience.

The perceived gap in Chinese and Koreans' attitude towards Japan is a result of Japan's fairly recent right-wing political movement, which manifests itself through the history textbook revising and the high-profile regular shrine visiting.

I'm not sure there is a huge difference between KMT and CCP's approach to Japan after the WWII and the Chinese civil war. Would you elaborate on your perspective?

Mikawa Ossan said:

You might want to consider reading up on fascism. I'm sure you'll find in fascism many of the things you wrote about and believe in. Especially your theory of wars justified by "human evolution". Nazis used the same theory to justify ethnic cleansing of the Jews, among other crimes.

Canadians, arguably maybe even more so than Americans, are extremely sensitive to, and disgusted by generalized statement based on a race, religion, gender, age or any other group, which you have done quite a bit in this thread.

Racist language is similar to bad breath: everybody is disgusted by it except who exuberates it.

godppgo said:
You've read my previous posts regarding my view on human evolution then you should understand why I don't complaint about Caster's statements.
Where do you see in any of my posts that I made any racist remark?

It's about the CURRENT Japanese right-wing movement which pursues a nationalist political agenda through denial of Japan's WWII history.
japan never deny about WWII history in japan side.
So am I
Japan killed many chinese in that war
the chinese is misunderstanding that ....☝
it is denied to differ from the fact, # of Victim and .
pics as chinese propaganda .
Chinese says that Japan is not apologizing because japan insists unlike the fact

Hmm, this can very well pass as an argument for apartheid in South Africa, or racial segragation in pre-civil-rights America.

It's funny (and revealing) how, Japanese right-wing deniers invariably turn out to also be fans of social darwinism, racial segragation, fascism and frequently wars.

People need to recognize them as what they are: fascists.

godppgo said:
And they had a good reason for it. The education level and people quality of Taiwanese right after Japan's take over was so low that it was not possible for them to blend in perfectly into the highly developed Japanese society.
Class-distinction might be an outdated way of categorizing people of different social condition. However, there existed such big gap between Taiwanese and Japanese's people quality that such extreme measure was necessary to maintain a stable social environment for both parties.

godppgo said:
And they had a good reason for it.

The education level and people quality of Taiwanese right after Japan's take over was so low that it was not possible for them to blend in perfectly into the highly developed Japanese society.

What a lame excuse :LOL:

You still couldn't answered as to WHY former Japanese overlords treated Taiwan's Chinese as third-rate race compared to second-class Okinawans and Koreans who weren't better quality in any ways to Taiwan population in those years.

Can you shed light on Taiwan's population placed in the lowest racial classification of imperial subjects of Japan Empire ?

Last edited:
You still couldn't answered as to WHY former Japanese overlords treated Taiwan's Chinese as third-rate race compared to second-class Okinawans and Koreans who weren't better quality in any ways to Taiwan population in those years.
😊 😊
I think taiwan chinese was second-rate race at that time.☝
at last The distinction was lost.

bacause they were japanese nationality

caster51 said:
I think taiwan chinese was second-rate race at that time,bcause they were japanese nationality

Re-read my underlined sentences.

Taiwan's population was treated as third-rate race in the Japanese second-class nationality catagory.

please give me an example

I actually hope to read some other reasons for why other countries hate Japan, instead of only war talk...

Japan has been back-pedalling on PRC's request to clean up biological warfare weapons and chemical contaminations in China's north east ( old Manchuria ).What Japanese Army left behind still pose great harms to local population with reported incidents to this day.

Last edited:
:) All the political stuff is getting kinda tired. In my life I have rarely felt as negative as this past week.

Culturally speaking I've found Japanese to be very agreeable, at least from a Chinese perspective. Most Japanese are almost over-courteous with the constant smile and slight bowing.

The other thing that strikes me about Japanese culture is its pursuit of beauty in simplicity. This is demonstrated in many areas such as food and literature. While Chinese traditional poetry seeks intricate symmetry in often very elaborate forms, Haiku's simplistic form often strike one with the beauty of few individual characters. The contrast between Chinese and Japanese food is similar. Very intriguing.

Sorry I am not contributing much to meet your request, which is probably a good thing....

Dutch Baka said:
I actually hope to read some other reasons for why other countries hate Japan, instead of only war talk...

inkink said:
It's about the CURRENT Japanese right-wing movement which pursues a nationalist political agenda through denial of Japan's WWII history.

Exactly !

Japanese right-wing activies are under watchful eyes in China and Koreas.

Not to stir the pot or anything, but much of the animosity I hear about against Japanese (those riots in Shanghai foremost in my memory) isn't targeted at the right-wing, it's against any target close enough to lash out at. The restaurant owners and exchange students probably aren't counted amongst the Japanese right-wing extremists, or they likely wouldn't have been anywhere near those riots.

While the action of the right wing might be the catalyst for this vehemence, there seems to be little distinction as to who actually deserves the animosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom