What's new

Is it time for US Force to leave Japan?

is it the time for US Forces to leave Japan?

• Yes, They did a lot of very bad things

Votes: 39 18.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • they protect Japan

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • NO

Votes: 31 14.4%
  • I'don't care

Votes: 19 8.8%

• Total voters
There are many opinions about US military in Japan.
1. People, living near to the base, are generally "We don't like", but there are also many hidden voice due to economic reasons, even in Okinawa.
2. People, living far away from the base, are generally not interested in the issue.
3. People, considering national security things, mostly think "it's necessary".
4. Some politicians, living in Objection for Objection, tend to use something military to attain their political aims.
5. Media is naturally Objetion for Objection, and thus tend to focus on negative sides.
So it is diverse here in Japan.

These issues also concern the citizens in the U.S. too, but not directly. Plenty of people would like to return to a noninterventionist foreign policy and would like to see military bases closed that're no longer needed. Strategically, Japan is very important to the U.S., because it allows for force projection into East Asia. So, I doubt the bases in Japan'll be closed anytime soon, regardless of what people, in Japan or in the U.S., want.

The actions of certain US Military personnel is absolutely deplorable. I already hate rapists, but people representing my country taking this actions? It disgusts me. While US military presence in Japan benefits both the government of Japan, and the US itself as a base of strategic importance in regards to North Korea, the fact that so many horrible actions have been taken against Japanese civilians is reason enough for the Japanese around the bases to be concerned.

The actions of certain US Military personnel is absolutely deplorable. I already hate rapists, but people representing my country taking this actions? It disgusts me. While US military presence in Japan benefits both the government of Japan, and the US itself as a base of strategic importance in regards to North Korea, the fact that so many horrible actions have been taken against Japanese civilians is reason enough for the Japanese around the bases to be concerned.

there is no benefit in Japan

there is no benefit in Japan

Why are you ignoring the elephant in the room? Japan signed the Constitution of Japan in 1947. Japan is not allowed to have "land, sea, or air forces or other war potential". The Japan Self Defense Force is only allowed to commit to peace keeping duties overseas.

Considering the questionable rottweiler(*North Korea) next door, don't you think having a fence(*The USA military bases) around your yard(*Japan) to be somewhat of a necessity?

About Japan-U.S. security treaty, look at this site
http://www.usfj.mil/Manga/

Oh lord, times like this make me wish I knew Japanese. That manga is absolutely adorable. :(

If someone wants to provide proper translation of it, line by line, and labeling the pages & text bubbles properly, I'll happily edit the manga so Americans without knowledge of the Japanese language can read it too.

Let's work together, Japan!

Why are you ignoring the elephant in the room? Japan signed the Constitution of Japan in 1947. Japan is not allowed to have "land, sea, or air forces or other war potential". The Japan Self Defense Force is only allowed to commit to peace keeping duties overseas.
Considering the questionable rottweiler(*North Korea) next door, don't you think having a fence(*The USA military bases) around your yard(*Japan) to be somewhat of a necessity?

that is why US base is an obstacle for Japan's self-reliance .
America is just a mercenary for Japan.

Do you think that Japanese people are really afraid of the North Korea?
Japan fought against china, Russia and even USA..

We, the Japanese People, acting through our duly elected representatives in the National Diet, determined that we shall secure for ourselves and our posterity the fruits of peaceful cooperation with all nations and the blessings of liberty throughout this land, and resolved that never again shall we be visited with the horrors of war through the action of government, do proclaim the sovereignty of the people's will and do ordain and establish this Constitution, founded upon the universal principle that government is a sacred trust the authority for which is derived from the people, the powers of which are exercised by the representatives of the people, and the benefits of which are enjoyed by the people; and we reject and revoke all constitutions, ordinances, laws and rescripts in conflict herewith.
Desiring peace for all time and fully conscious of the high ideals controlling human relationship now stirring mankind, we have determined to rely for our security and survival upon the justice and good faith of the peace-loving peoples of the world. We desire to occupy an honored place in an international society designed and dedicated to the preservation of peace, and the banishment of tyranny and slavery, oppression and intolerance, for all time from the earth. We recognize and acknowledge that all peoples have the right to live in peace, free from fear and want.
We hold that no people is responsible to itself alone, but that laws of political morality are universal; and that obedience to such laws is incumbent upon all peoples who would sustain their own sovereignty and justify their sovereign relationship with other peoples.
To these high principles and purposes we, the Japanese People, pledge our national honor, determined will and full resources

it already understands this article wrong
this article will also need to change
Self-Defense Forces will also change as army
This is the normal country in the world.

as far as there is US base, Japan must pay the protection racket to US like Yakuza
The Japanese forgets to fight more and more....

Naturally, arms will be exported.
The ownership of an atomic bomb will be examined.
If it is so, it is possible for Japan to fight against the United States again.

Last edited:
Do you think that Japanese people are really afraid of the North Korea?
Japan fought against china, Russia and even USA..

Can you even compare the military strength Japan had, and the strength that they are having now?:eek:

Can you even compare the military strength Japan had, and the strength that they are having now?:eek:

it is still not late to make it.
it is natural to do expansion of armaments if US gets japan out.
if ppl dont like it, Abomb is considered
As for fate of nation , Japan is tried.
And, it is likely to be discussed seriously with betting the ruin of the country.

What is peace?
it is a condituion that order is maintained by army, police and A-bomb...
it need the ppl that maintain the order instead of US...

If US fgets Japan out, do you think N-korea or China do the armament reduction. ?

Why would you even want that, caster51?

it is a just method.
No one wants

it is still not late to make it.
it is natural to do expansion of armaments if US gets japan out.
if ppl dont like it, Abomb is considered
As for fate of nation , Japan is tried.
And, it is likely to be discussed seriously with betting the ruin of the country.
What is peace?
it is a condituion that order is maintained by army, police and A-bomb...
it need the ppl that maintain the order instead of US...
If US fgets Japan out, do you think N-korea or China do the armament reduction. ?
it is a just method.
No one wants

Japan will never be allowed to arm itself in such a way again, caster51. The same goes for Germany. I'm not even going to ponder the repercussions of such a matter. I don't think you should either.

Let's look at China for a moment. It has a population of roughly 1,338,612,968 people. Japan has a population of 127,420,000. The United States of America has a population of 309,944,000.

China has over 700,000,000 people fit for military duty, with 2,255,000 active service members.

The United States of America has about 140 million people fit for active duty, with 1,473,900 currently active.

Japan only has a little over 40 million fit for duty, with around 240,000 currently active.

It would be impossible for Japan to wage a war. It would be impossible within the next century for Japan to wage a war. If Japan waged a war, it would not be something I want to experience because of the massacre that would occur. I don't know why you're talking like such an idiot, but war isn't something you should want. The world is not prepared for Japan or Germany to have the power to wage war. You should understand that, caster51.

It's not even a matter of who has the biggest military. It shouldn't even have to come to that. While the actions of some psychos are deplorable, it does not reflect the USA as a whole. Were I to see a rape occur while strolling around Chicago at night on the way home, I'd likely start beating the rapist to death.

On another note, the major powers in the world right now are at peace with one another. It scares me to ponder the idea of a war on the scale of WWII fought with modern weapons technology. Doesn't it scare you too, caster51? I don't want it, and unless someone is very sick in the head, nobody else does either. So, you can babble all you want about how America is holding Japan back, because I respect the concept of freedom of speech. I just don't think you understand what you're saying.

As long as the U.S.A. has interests in East Asia, the chances of the bases being closed and the troops pulled out is pretty non-existent.

Japan will never be allowed to arm itself in such a way again, caster51. The same goes for Germany. I'm not even going to ponder the repercussions of such a matter. I don't think you should either.

it is determined by japan

Let's look at China for a moment. It has a population of roughly 1,338,612,968 people. Japan has a population of 127,420,000. The United States of America has a population of 309,944,000.

China has over 700,000,000 people fit for military duty, with 2,255,000 active service members.

The United States of America has about 140 million people fit for active duty, with 1,473,900 currently active.

Japan only has a little over 40 million fit for duty, with around 240,000 currently active.

that is why A-bomb is depressant.
it would be good excuse to avoid more victims
The current modern warfare is arms
The Japanese doesn't advance to a vast Chinese continent again.

It would be impossible for Japan to wage a war. It would be impossible within the next century for Japan to wage a war. If Japan waged a war, it would not be something I want to experience because of the massacre that would occur. I don't know why you're talking like such an idiot, but war isn't something you should want. The world is not prepared for Japan or Germany to have the power to wage war. You should understand that, caster51..............
????

I am not talking about WAR
I told US should get out
army potential has nothing to do with WAR
who said Japan is going to war?
It becomes a war only after it is executed.
It is natural to avoid war.

massacre that would occur

they are going to invede Japan?
that is nice for Japan . Japan would hava a good excuse...
china commies would be destroyed by locals

As long as the U.S.A. has interests in East Asia, the chances of the bases being closed and the troops pulled out is pretty non-existent.
pinoy decided it themselves. if Japan decides it , there would be no reason for US to stay in the Japanese soil.

Last edited:
pinoy decided it themselves. if Japan decides it , there would be no reason for US to stay in the Japanese soil.

Think of the larger picture; it's not at all about what the people of Japan want. Global politics have nothing at all to do with the will of the people.

"I told US should get out"

I'm with ya. I'm tired of paying taxes to help defend your part of the world.

Don't get me wrong -- I like Japan. I'm just willing to let you folks pay for your own defense.

The United States existence value will be lost economicaly and militarily by china
The future might be understood within ten years. 🙂

Oh, right you are! I wonder who China would attack. The USA who owe them money, or that little island nation who slaughtered millions of them in WWII? A friend in need is a friend indeed, caster51.

This discussion is getting childish and unbecoming. Enjoy your delusions, caster51!

Oh, right you are! I wonder who China would attack. The USA who owe them money, or that little island nation who slaughtered millions of them in WWII? A friend in need is a friend indeed, caster51.
This discussion is getting childish and unbecoming. Enjoy your delusions, caster51!

😊😊

The alliance of Japan may not be the United States in the future
It might be China. lol
How would it become it if North and South Korea are united by the mediation of China though the United States wants to keep the tension and hatred in the two countries.
The United States will be taken out from Korea.
Japan might also learn it.

China is an enemy as long as Japan is allying with the United States.

It is better to conclude the non-aggression pact and the security agreement with China instead of US.
The United States existence value is lost, too.
the problem of the base will be finished.

Is the dream of Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere achieved?
fun fun

????:?
year there are many fool anime otakus in abroad like you ?

Can you please tell me what Japan has contributed in the past twenty years besides Naruto and Dragonball Z? I'm being serious here, because besides horrible cars that go vhroom and kill their drivers, and the outdated Sony Walkman, it's actually a bit of a mystery to me.

Can you please tell me what Japan has contributed in the past twenty years besides Naruto and Dragonball Z? I'm being serious here, because besides horrible cars that go vhroom and kill their drivers, and the outdated Sony Walkman, it's actually a bit of a mystery to me.

Novelty robots? :)

Back
Top Bottom