What's new

Is it time for US Force to leave Japan?

is it the time for US Forces to leave Japan?

• Yes, They did a lot of very bad things

Votes: 39 18.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • they protect Japan

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • NO

Votes: 31 14.4%
  • I'don't care

Votes: 19 8.8%

• Total voters
Regardless of what you people say, the years spent protecting my wife and family in Japan were the proudest years of my life, because I was protecting people that were worth it. I will continue to protect my Japanese family and their people for as long as I live. The day Americca abandons Japan is the day I resign from the Military. You people don't know what you are talking about. China WILL swallow Japan whole if we leave, because they HATE Japan.

Lol. Last year, The U.S. chased Chinese Deisel Submarines from Japanese territorial waters several times. You don't even know what's going on, lol. The Japanese government asked us to stay, and is paying part of the bill for us to stay, lol. Now don't you feel embarrassed?

Yep, I think it's time Japan got over it's "yellow guilt" and denial about it's past and formed it's own real standing army (not the JSDF). Think about it in a couple of ways, the big construction and shipping players would get a bunch of business starting to produce high end arms (ships, planes, etc. - no reason to buy American when you've got Mitsubishi, Kawasaki, and Sumitomo).

Additionally think of all the young kids you could put to work by putting in a mandatory conscription for a few years. And then watch what happens when you get all those young men and women away from mom and dad and around each other 24x7...

Besides, it would give Korea and China something to really ***** about. :)

Yep, I think it's time Japan got over it's "yellow guilt" and denial about it's past and formed it's own real standing army (not the JSDF). Think about it in a couple of ways, the big construction and shipping players would get a bunch of business starting to produce high end arms (ships, planes, etc. - no reason to buy American when you've got Mitsubishi, Kawasaki, and Sumitomo).

Best post I ever read regarding this subject ~ far better realistic opinion than the excuses [ Oh ~ American troops are there to keep Japan safe :D ] & [ US troops would leave at Japan's request :D ].

Um... The Japanese constitution kinda prohibits the formation of a standing army.. Ya kinda don't know Japanese history.
Unfortunately the US forces are needed in Japan to buffer China's attempt to create a East Asia Co-prosperity sphere.. (heavy scarcasm)

Additionally think of all the young kids you could put to work by putting in a mandatory conscription for a few years. And then watch what happens when you get all those young men and women away from mom and dad and around each other 24x7...
Besides, it would give Korea and China something to really ***** about. :)

And

Um... The Japanese constitution kinda prohibits the formation of a standing army.. Ya kinda don't know Japanese history.
Unfortunately the US forces are needed in Japan to buffer China's attempt to create a East Asia Co-prosperity sphere.. (heavy scarcasm)

How is the JSDF not a "standing army?"

Best post I ever read regarding this subject ~ far better realistic opinion than the excuses [ Oh ~ American troops are there to keep Japan safe :D ] & [ US troops would leave at Japan's request :D ].

Right, so is the alternative of having Japan and Korea left alone to fend themselves, which would likely result in the acquisition of nuclear weapons, is a better outcome? Its not an excuse; Japan and the United States share common security interests. They both want the maintenance of the status quo, with the current state boundaries and power relations. The security arrangement suits them and other states in the area; ROK, Taiwan and even Russia. It allows for commercial development to occur unhindered as well, which suits all states in the region including China.

Put it this way; the Japanese-American Security alliance has served as the lynchpin of the regional security architecture for the past 60 years. Since then there have been no wars in East Asia and all states in the region have prospered greatly. The only one that doesn't buy into it (DPRK) is the exception that proves the rule; its an economic pariah, completely marginalized in the region.

Put it this way; the Japanese-American Security alliance has served as the lynchpin of the regional security architecture for the past 60 years. Since then there have been no wars in East Asia and all states in the region have prospered greatly. The only one that doesn't buy into it (DPRK) is the exception that proves the rule; its an economic pariah, completely marginalized in the region.

You are right. I agree. The alliance is already a kind of public property in the region.

With the state of the American economy, I cannot see how we can afford to keep up with this insane amount of military spending. We spend more than all other countries and more than a few super powers combined. Yet in the states we are looking to strip our social safety nets to protect a country that A. Doesn't want us there or B. Doesn't need us there. I think its time as Americans we get our head together and stop the war mongering. We are already in three wars and it doesn't seem to me that anybody is a direct threat to us or Japan. And for those with the China fear, GET REAL. They own our economy. What 1/2 way intellagent country would attack their money supply.

Back
Top Bottom