What's new

Why Other Countries Hate Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mori ?
Who is it?:?

He was the quite hopeless PM before Koizumi.

This is from Wikipedia:

Yoshiro Mori (ツ森 ナ?テャヒ廸 Mori Yoshirō, born July 14, 1937) is a Japanese politician who served as the 85th and 86th Prime Minister of Japan from April 5, 2000 to April 26, 2001. Commonly described as having "the heart of a flea and the brain of a shark," he was an unpopular prime minister mainly remembered today for his many gaffes and situationally inappropriate actions. He is currently President of the Japan Rugby Football Union.

Just read over your one new update webpage. hehe. The years after World War Two looks very colorful ~

Hi 4321go,

I am more than pleased that you still read my website, thank you!
Yes I really became a globe-trotter. One learns a lot when you work in different countries and you can make friends all over this beautiful world from all of us. I am sorry that I didn't get the chance to visit China and India.
I did visit Japan, but only for 14 days, far too short.

Poll: Most S.E. Asians warm on Japan ties

A recent poll carried out in Southeast Asian countries shows that people are quite positive towards Japan:

Poll: Most S.E. Asians warm on Japan ties

The Yomiuri Shimbun

A survey conducted in seven Asian countries found that more than 90 percent of people in Southeast Asian countries felt their countries had a good relationship with Japan and between 70 percent and 90 percent said
Japan was a trustworthy nation.

In particular, 96 percent of respondents in Indonesia and Thailand said their countries had "very good" or "rather good" relations with Japan, followed by Vietnam with 92 percent and Malaysia with 91 percent.

People in Southeast Asian countries also held a favorable view of China, whose economy is growing rapidly, indicating they feel their ties with China are warming, according to the survey.

The interview survey was conducted by The Yomiuri Shimbun, Hankook Ilbo, a South Korean daily, and Gallup Group between late June and mid-July in Japan, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam. This was the third such survey after ones conducted in 1995 and 1996.
More than 90 percent of respondents in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam in the 1995 survey said their countries enjoyed good relationships with Japan.

Eighty-nine percent of Indian pollees, who were asked the question for the first time, said their country and Japan got along "very well" or "rather well."
Ninety-two percent of Thai pollees, the largest number, said they could trust Japan "quite a lot" or "more or less." Vietnam had the lowest rate of such people among the Southeast Asian countries at 75 percent, the survey said.
Ninety-one percent of Indonesians said Japan had a positive impact on the world, while more than 80 percent of pollees in Southeast Asian countries and India said so.

The Southeast Asian countries and India held high expectations Japan would play a key role in the international community.

Regarding the dispatch of Self-Defense Forces personnel to foreign countries
to provide humanitarian assistance, 83 percent of pollees from Indonesia, to which SDF members were dispatched to provide relief to victims of the 2004 tsunami, supported such SDF missions.

With the exception of South Korea, more respondents backed overseas SDF dispatches than opposed them.

(Sep. 4, 2006)

Interesting - isn't it?

why some countries hated the japanese

im a bs international studies student major in japanese language and studies.when i was studying japanese history, they really have this violence towards other countries especially china and korea. these two countries suffered very much during the japanese occupation,especially china(i dont know if you ever heard about the rape of nanjing, where about 200,000 women,men,children were literally slaughtered there).i think these countries who suffered damaged during the WWII has the right to get mad to the japanese.others such as philippines received the same treatment from the japanese like raping women, bayonating the men or sometimes the children. dont you think its the right of these people to get mad?

...i think these countries who suffered damaged during the WWII has the right to get mad to the japanese.others such as philippines received the same treatment from the japanese like raping women, bayonating the men or sometimes the children. dont you think its the right of these people to get mad?

I am not sure if I agree with Korean/Chinese STUDENTS whom are protesting against Japan because what do they have to do with the war (60+ years later... )?

Why didn't they demonstrate in all those years after the war? wasn't somewhere in the late 80's that Korea/China had started this demonstrations ( please correct me if I am wrong).

After reading lots of posts here about Japan and the other countries in Asia, why is it that other countries can hate Japan whereas Japan has to stay quiet on on things like that.
I think Japan should be proud of its history and not "apologize" for the past. Every country has done bad things yet the other Asian countries make it seem as if Japan only has done so. I don't see any reason for your country to bow to the other Asian countries wishes.
Now correct me if I'm wrong here- I'm just viewing this from an outside perspective.
It's not a matter of apologising because it's 60 years since the war. People just want Japan not to beautify their history. eg. Japan invaded China becuase of her thirst for imperialism and because of China's resources. However, some people on the other side said Japan invade China to get rid of the Whites in asia.

I changed the name for you.

It does seem to be a good question. maybe japan is so much better other countries just feel that way.

but this coming from an american should not mean much. I would much rather want to see what someone from korea/china has to say.

yeah agreed.. Japan is not even not country.. its, universe !!

I've read alot of the posts and it somehow always lead to the second sino japanese war and how chinese hates japanese or korean hates japanese... etc.
The same old argument is going on for years and I want to end it by expressing my feelings about this topic. So far, all I've really saw was two sides battling it out verbally over war crimes during the sino japanese war, and from my honest opinion I think both sides are very narrow minded extremists who just can't see truth.

Chinese people alwaaays talk about the nanking massacre as one of the world's biggest war crime in the history of mankind, and Japanese will always reply them with "why you hating?" "why is your government teaching haterd?" "why can't you get over something that happened 60 years old?" or my favorite one "there is no massacre... quit making things up..."

If you haven't figured out, the examples I've given is a very biased narrow point of view from either side. People love absorbing the wrong information, and by wrong I mean the incorrect facts, and not being open minded to other's opinions. Because noone has all the answers... by sticking with what you grow up learning isn't always what really happened.

By saying those statements above, I want to explain why I belive both sides are extremists. The mainland Chinese do teach hateful information about the sino japanese war, even though they are facts, the teaching method is wrong. This can be understood, because of the communist government, what they learn is controlled by the government. They are teaching students about the pain and suffering during the war, creating a prejudice against all japanese people when only the solders commited the war crimes. It is not fair to the Japanese people when you simple put a tag on their forehead, saying they are devils and calling them names... Everybody deserves a clean chance to show who they really are, do not discriminate and treat them equally.

On the other hand, Japanese people is in the same suituation... Japan unlike Mainland China does not have a communist government, and has much more freedom. However Japanese textbook often leave out war crimes that are commited by their soilder, and that is understandable. Simple noone in the world wants to talk about their skeletons in their closet, and by noone I mean "no country would". But there are Japanese professors openly speak out the lack of war crime information exsisting in Japanese text books.

By saying these two bias points of view... I am surely to be bloody gutted by both sides, sooo it's probably the best not to give out my address or phone number. :D But on a serious note, before sending a reply to my post, think about what really happened in history, and why there are different version and different methods of teaching this bloody history. Just maybe, what you grew up believing is "wrong".

-M K

Last edited by a moderator:
Countries are merely territories defined by humans. As such they are not sentinent and are therefore not able to express emotions like hatred. Thus your question is invalid.

Anthromorphing these artificial constructs as you did is narrow-minded, because by doing so you stereotype every citizen of this particular country.

But that's all semantics.

It would have been better to ask why the public opinion is not in favor of Japan in other countries or to ask why the government of a particular country is hostile towards Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom