What's new

Favorite Gundam Series!

Which Gundam series have you enjoyed the most

• Kidou senshi Gundam (TV series 1979-80)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Kidou senshi Gundam 0080: poketto no naka no sensou (OVA series 1989)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kidou senshi Gundam 08 MS shoutai (OVA series 1996)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Kidou senshi Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory (OVA series 1991)

• Kidou senshi Z Gundam (TV series 1985-86)

• Kidou senshi ZZ Gundam (TV series 1986-87)

• Kidou senshi V Gundam (TV series 1993-94)

• Shin kidou senki Gundam W (TV series 1995-96)

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Kidou shin seiki Gundam X (TV series 1996)

• Kidou senshi Gundam Seed (TV series 2002-today)

• Total voters

tasuki

先輩
22 Apr 2003
Take the poll and tell me which Gundam series you've most enjoyed and why. Tell me the ones you haven't seen while you're at it.

Due to spatial considerations, I've intentionally omitted G Gundam, Turn A Gundam, and the Gundam movies from the poll, although I have included Kidou shinseiki Gundam X and Kidou senshi Gundam seed (the most recent Gundam series).

Thanks for your collaboration!

Oooo... a new avatar for Tasuki! Nice....

I like MS08 the most since i like the romantic elements in there other than just the plain ol' mech-fighting....

I've also have collected Gundam Seed up to eps 38. However, I can't comment on it yet as i haven't started watching it yet.... (don't want to start an anime series until it actually ends). As for all the other Gundam series; I've watched all of them other than the G Gundam series.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments on the avatar. Actually, it's not an avatar, but an Eldar guardian, but details, details... I've always thought that G Gundam was made as a joke... Try imagining any popular "fighting game" anime, incorporate Gundam suits, stir well, and there you are. The avatar of the hero in the series is a psycho city-spanning monstrosity of a Gundam... Absurd. If you're ever interested, I've got a beat up version of it on video...

Gundam seed up to 38, means you're up to date, right? I thought nothing could top Wing in terms of putting together an original story from old Gundam elements, but this one does a pretty good job. You'll like it.

Speaking of which, you seem to be pretty well connected to get anime so up to date from online sources. Mind sharing your secret? I'll need to stayed plugged when I go back to Canada next year... If I can't hook up to the AT-X anime channel, I'll need to be able to get it some other way... If you do mind, you can drop me a personal message or something...

PS: I incorporated links about Sakamoto Maaya in my last post on the Maaya thread, if you're interested.

Last edited:
Hmm... I don't have a most all-time favorite but I would say in state:

Most original: Mobile Suit Gundam
Most dramatic: Zeta Gundam
Most well put together and casted: Gundam SEED

However, my current favorite is SEED.

Glad to know that. And I agree. Although I have a couple soft spots for 0080, 0083, and V... And Wing was pretty good too... But storywise, you're right, Seed bests all of them.

Gundam Wing has to be my number 1, because my Zechs is in it. Not only that, the animation seems better in Gundam Wing.

Gackt's Twin Fan
Out of curiosity, can I ask you what you like about G Gundam?

Faira
Well, you are comparing 1980s animations with a late 90s animation, so technical improvements are to be expected. Although 08 MS shoutai has very decent animation. So does 0083, even by today's standards.

Zechs is a combo of characters that appeared in previous series (Char, to name only the most obvious), though. So are a lot of other characters in Wing (Treize Khushrenada is closely related to Giren Zabi in the original Gundam). That's what I liked about the series, myself.

Last edited:
Well the Zechs in Gundam Wing has my eye, even though i dont like Noin too well, oh well shes just a cartoon...

Freedom523
Ain't it? It's nuts. Can't wait to see this week's episode...

I think that of all the Gundam series until now, Seed has done the best job of synthetising old Gundam elements and incorporting new elements into an original story...

Tare. Aura Violette
Yeah, G was torture. Which is why I'm interested to know why someone likes it...

WOOOW we have another Zechs fan! Go Zech! Go Zechs you know your a hottie!
*Dances around like an idiot*

Originally posted by tasuki
Freedom523
Ain't it? It's nuts. Can't wait to see this week's episode...

I think that of all the Gundam series until now, Seed has done the best job of synthetising old Gundam elements and incorporting new elements into an original story...

Heck yeah.. the fighting scenes are kool .. the graphic is clean yes a overall element into one good story 👏

You're right, the fight scenes are really sleek. Although the more obvious CGIs in Seed do tend to get a bit on my nerves when they appear too much (e.g. the space colonies, the Archangel...). But what I like most about Seed is how they've managed week after week for 40 episodes (with a few minor exceptions) to leave you wanting for more at the end of every episode... I haven't anticipated watchin anything on TV like this since Babylon 5 in the 90s...

Originally posted by tasuki
Tare. Aura Violette
Yeah, G was torture. Which is why I'm interested to know why someone likes it...

After talking to my fiance last night about it

Apparently, the reason he likes it is because it's like a bad kung fu movie to him

god awful, but it's a trainwreck can't look away, has that horrible amusing quality

Hehehe... I can see that happening... "Bad kung-fu movie", that's good! But I watched it to the end too, so I may have been caught as well...

Shadow said:
Oooo... a new avatar for Tasuki! Nice....

I like MS08 the most since i like the romantic elements in there other than just the plain ol' mech-fighting....

I've also have collected Gundam Seed up to eps 38. However, I can't comment on it yet as i haven't started watching it yet.... (don't want to start an anime series until it actually ends). As for all the other Gundam series; I've watched all of them other than the G Gundam series.

Yes, agreed, 08 MS Team is very real type. Really a good plot as well! CHEERS!

Back
Top Bottom