What's new

Which manga do you read? Which do you recommend?

Ah, so your secret is out! Flashjeff really is a 'dirty old man'! Now I know why my machine keeps blocking all your photos! :D

Seriously - great response...

Kinsao said:
Ah, so your secret is out! Flashjeff really is a 'dirty old man'! Now I know why my machine keeps blocking all your photos! :D
Seriously - great response...

Well, it's not my fault you have a prudish computer, Kinsao! :D

Maybe one day, I'll list all the manga I currently have in my collection! It's not as huge as my anime since I'm somewhat picky about what I read, but it's big enough for me!
:)

"ツ鞘?「窶「ツス窶堋ィ窶堙「窶堋カ"?:?

Is it such MANGA?:eek:
JOSHIKOUSEI
457583187501LZZZZZZZ-1.jpg

OKUSAMA WA JOSHIKOUSEI
408782698809LZZZZZZZ-1.jpg

Bナ耽Hナ地(B GATA H KEI)
bgatahkei-1.jpg

http://www010.upp.so-net.ne.jp/sandy/topilast2.html

if you are looking for something funny:
- Azumange daioh
- Mahoromatic
- Fruits basket

if you are looking for really good art and bishi's:
try anything by Yu Watase
- Fushigi Yugi
- Alice 19th
- Ceres: Celestial Legend
- Imadoki

Yotsuba(very funny), Mahoromatic(funny, raunchy and a bit heart tugging), Negima(just racy!), Samurai Champloo, Deus Vitae (three volumes long)

Some of my favorites and this might have been mentioned:

Love Hina

Gravitation is just some of the best shounen ai out there.

Kizuna is a really good Yaoi series but just a tad bit harder than Gravi

Fake is also boys love but it is not really hard until the next volume. But it is really good its about two detectives so you get alot drama and the boys love part of the plot is that the partners one is gay and the other isn't and the gay one always hits on his partner.

Boys over Flowers is a really good Shoujo Series about poor girl goes to rich school and gets picked on by the four popular boys.

Bleach is also really good. Its about a guy who becomes a Shinigami and fights evil spirits (theres more to it than that but thats the rundown)

Tramps Like Us (Kimi wa Petto) is about a Career Woman who finds a boy beaten up sleeping in a box and she decides to keep him as a pet. Also has a drama series by the same name thats really good.

The Wallflower a pretty interesting read about an unattractive girl who's aunt tells 4 very attractive boys that they can live in her mansion free of rent, if they can turn her into a beautiful girl.

I would recommend:

Berserk: My username is based on the main character, thats how much I love it. It may be a bit violent, but each chapter is done perfectly and it has a feeling like God himself has worked on it. The story fulfills all genres; action, drama, comedy, love, etc.

Once, you pick up this manga, you will be addicted.

Naruto: Ninjas, for the win! 12 years ago a giant nine tailed demon fox appeared, who with one swing of its tail could create tsunamis and crumble mountains. The Leaf Ninjas fought it as hard as they could, many lost their lives, until a hero appeared and sacrificed his life to seal the demon inside a young child. That hero was called the Fourth Hokage. The series starts 12 years later, a young seemingly talentless Ninja named Uzumaki Naruto lives as the vessel who holds the Nine Tails. Despised by the villagers of the Leaf Village his whole life, and often viewed as the Nine Tails himself, Naruto dreams of becoming Hokage (leader of Leaf Village).

Hellsing: The battle of vampires; they fighting of the immortals. Amazing art casted with an amazing storyline and some cool characters. There are currently, eight volumes out and they are released slowly, means it'll be easier to catch up and catch on Hellsing discussions.

"窶慊ョ窶「ツィ窶堙娯?堋ィヒ?」ナステ停?堋ウ窶堙ア(Doubutu no oishasan)A doctor of an animal"
MANGA-KA:ツ債イツ々窶禿倪?氾焦スq(SASAKI NORIKO)
👍
459212042609LZZZZZZZ-1.jpg

This MANGA is what drew H university veterinary medicine part student's every day by the comedy touch.
It became a Siberian husky boom by "CYOBI" of the Siberian husky which comes out in these comics.
By MANGA
"Because your way is careless, bacteria die."
"If they become kind and take care, even disease-causing germs affect you by all means."
"Look!!"
"A good good point of my disease-causing germs."
(The secret to bring up a colony of disease-causing germs.)
TV drama SITE
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/cyobi/

Kinsao, you shuld try out Blade of the Immortal. I really love it:)
It's about a samurai who can't die untill hi kills a 1000 bad guys. And in the meentime he helps a girl to take revenge over her dead parents.

This might sound crappy, but yhe drawings are really amazing, and I love the story. Each book is quite expensive, but it's worth it.

And if you like yaoi you should try Passion. It's just two books.

You might wanna look into Angel Sanctuary. It's my personal fav. It's got a dark tint to it (as most of Kaori Yuki's works do), as it deals with Angels and Demons and the war between them. More than that, though, is the compelling story and the amount of research behind it all (lots of references to Kaballah, the Bible, etc.). Interesting characters, although with a few typical cliches and conventions here and there. I have all of the original Japanese manga, and the English translation is currently underway (a little over midway done). The translation is relatively good (aside from a few missteps).

Look into Evangelion, if you wanna look at characters with a lot of psychology behind them. It's becoming another favorite. I personally like the manga over the anime, but I don't want to pass judgment so soon, since, unlike in other cases, the manga is coming after the anime. (psst.... pay no heed to the Shinji-haters, he's cool)

That's all I have to offer. I actually don't read much manga myself. Mostly because of the huge amount of cutesy shoujo/shounen titles on the bookshelves that turn me off.

Manga and traditional illustrations

hi,
this is not a manga, but I was strike by the connection between this old traditional illustrated books and the modern mangas ... what a line, such a beatifull artwork prove how good japanese artists always been for the art of drawing.
Even if I'am spanish , I have a french artistic background... and I see clearly the connection between this japanese style and the basic Belgian graphic novels style like Tintin by Hergテゥ

here more samples if you are interested in
http://www.hum.pref.yamaguchi.jp/ehon/index.htm

YEMON said:
and I see clearly the connection between this japanese style and the basic Belgian graphic novels style like Tintin by Herge[\QUOTE]
I can see what you mean:) I haven't tought about it before, but I shuold have, 'couse Tintin is my favorite european comic.

Legal Drug is pretty funny, Fullmetal Alchemist is AWSOME, and ummm.... Chobits is ok.... pls don't eat me ppl.... >.<

Mahoujin Tsukai said:
hikaru totomoni (ナ津オ窶堙??堙??堙?窶堙可)
This manga tells the story of a mother raising an autistic son. Her struggles, :( misunderstandings by others, the son getting teased at school are shown. At the same time, they recieve encouragement :) and help. The manga also gives descriptions of autistic traits and actual accounts of autistic people. A recommended read.
I bought this manga since I wanted to know more about the above condition beyond 'Rain Man' & 'Mercury Rising'.
**** out of *****
I've read up to vol. 4 so far, and intend to buy the remaining 5.

This book is interesting!!!! I want to read it... the problem is can I find it in Thai translation version😌

I'm currentlly reading...
Death Note, Hikaru no Go, Fruits Basket,
Gamerz Heaven, Kanpai, Bleach, Earthian,
Absolute Boyfriend, Nana, Codename wa Sailor V,

Series I have finished:
Sailor Moon, Gravitation

What did I recommend...
Will, it depends on what
kinda series to you like.
Shonen, Shoujo, mech etc...

I'd recommend Confidental Confessions, it's a great 6 book series about real life problems teens face, even though your not a teen it's still a good series

Samurai Deeper Kyo it's a 27 book series with only 18 or 19 volumes released, but if your into the historical at parts, war and violent series this is one of the good ones for that, it has alot of historical people in the series.

Marmalade Boy it's a 8 book series, It's a romance one but very good and very cute.

I hope that helps some :)

I read Whistle up to Volume 9 so far. Good for those who like sports, soccer or school life. Remote is also a good manga, very suspenseful.

I recently collected the Spriggan bunko editions. Though I understood a bit of kanji (I'm Chinese, after all), I didn't regret spending every cent for it.

I recommend the following manga books:
~Cat's eyes, ニ鱈ニ槌槌鍛ニ団ツ・ニ但ニ辰

~Daughter of the nile窶ーツ、窶ーテ??堙娯?禿、ツ湘

~Light of the sea, Shadow of the moon

~Rose of versailles, ニ遅ニ停?ケニ探ニ辰ニ停??窶堙娯?堙寂?堙ァ.
👍

Shounen: Death Note, Hellsing, Bleach, Saiyuki

Shoujo: Hot Gimmick, Kimi wa Petto (Tramps Like Us), Model, Kill Me Kiss Me, Les Bijoux, Tarot Cafe, MARS

Yaoi/Shounen ai: Fake, Gravitation

There are more that I would reccomend, I just can't think of them right now x.x

lastmagi said:
You might wanna look into Angel Sanctuary. It's my personal fav. It's got a dark tint to it (as most of Kaori Yuki's works do), as it deals with Angels and Demons and the war between them. More than that, though, is the compelling story and the amount of research behind it all (lots of references to Kaballah, the Bible, etc.). Interesting characters, although with a few typical cliches and conventions here and there. I have all of the original Japanese manga, and the English translation is currently underway (a little over midway done). The translation is relatively good (aside from a few missteps).

i absolutely love angel sanctuary!! Actually all works of Kaori Yuki i love...i definitely recommend her works...

other mangas i like are: tenjo tenge, bleach, goong (manhwa), tokyo crazy paradise, parfait tic, hana yori dango (aka boys over flowers)

so much more that are good. i would say check out manganews.net to see whats out there... lots and lots to browse through!

do you eat crapz? said:

if you are looking for something funny:
- Azumange daioh
- Mahoromatic
- Fruits basket

if you are looking for really good art and bishi's:
try anything by Yu Watase
- Fushigi Yugi
- Alice 19th
- Ceres: Celestial Legend
- Imadoki

I have all of those and have enjoyed them immensely! I agree wholeheartedly that Yu Watase's art is tremendous! Here's some other manga I've enjoyed:

Video Girl Ai
I's
Magic Knight Rayearth
Chobits
Marmalade Boy
Oh My Goddess
Gunsmith Cats

You're a bad influence Jeff. Because of you I was forced to buy .remote. and I am now waiting for volume 9 to be released:eek: You're a bad man by recommending this manga. I have anime and asian films to buy and this is putting me off.

Back
Top Bottom