What's new

RvBVakama

後輩
21 Sep 2014
I'd imagine if i'm in a shop and I say "dore ga ichiban ninki desu ka" they would understand it as "which is the shops most popular item".
What if I were not in a shop and I wanted to specify "product" where would I add "seihin"?
Maybe like this "dore ga seihin wa ichiban ninki desu ka" ?
Thanks for any replies :)

Use shouhin, not seihin.

Dono shouhin ga ichiban ninki desu ka?

Dore ga ichiban ninki na shouhin sesu ka?

Can you not input hiragana/katakana?

Use shouhin, not seihin.

Dono shouhin ga ichiban ninki desu ka?

Dore ga ichiban ninki na shouhin sesu ka?

Can you not input hiragana/katakana?
shouhin vs seihin the difference is just the first kanji
製 vs 商
why use 'shouhin'? Is "seihin' the wrong tense or something?

PS.Oh I can input hiragana/katakana but I left it as romaji for people that may have an opinion who don't know how to read hiragana/katakana.
Thanks for the reply Mike Cash, you're the best!

I dont think people who cant read hiragana/katakana can contribute to ( or have opinions regarding ) your question.

shouhin vs seihin the difference is just the first kanji
製 vs 商
why use 'shouhin'? Is "seihin' the wrong tense or something?

PS.Oh I can input hiragana/katakana but I left it as romaji for people that may have an opinion who don't know how to read hiragana/katakana.
Thanks for the reply Mike Cash, you're the best!

My mother also thinks so, so I'm up to two now!

Don't say "just the first kanji" like such a little thing can't possibly make a difference. The difference between "princes" and "princess" is only only tiny little "s" on the end.

Look at the meanings of the kanji and see if you can imagine the distinction between 製品 and 商品.

May I ask what materials you are using to learn Japanese?

My mother also thinks so, so I'm up to two now!

Don't say "just the first kanji" like such a little thing can't possibly make a difference. The difference between "princes" and "princess" is only only tiny little "s" on the end.

Look at the meanings of the kanji and see if you can imagine the distinction between 製品 and 商品.

May I ask what materials you are using to learn Japanese?
製 means "-made; make"
商 means "quotient
dealing; dealer; store
second degree (of the Japanese & Chinese pentatonic scale)
Shang (dynasty of China)"

But what does that first kanji do for the words 商品 vs 製品 these words both translate to the word 'product', is it just the tense of the word or something else?

PS. The materials I use to learn Japanese are primarily JapanesePod101.com and a lot of youtube videos, if I'm unsure about something I google it or submit a question in these forums.

製品 refers more to products from the viewpoint of manufacturing them while 商品 is more from the viewpoint of selling them.

I've never seen 商 associated with "quotient".

製品 refers more to products from the viewpoint of manufacturing them while 商品 is more from the viewpoint of selling them.

I've never seen 商 associated with "quotient".
I'm just taking the kanji meanings from jisho.org sorry if that is not correct I just trust jisho alot and use it often. Thanks for the clarification :)

Back
Top Bottom