What's new

My comics about Japan

063en-1.jpg

I wish I had a japanese news feed. Still mine is not quite as bad as the european one...

They say my style is closer to the west. But people from the west say my style is like manga.
I see it closer to manga, myself, and I like to read comics of all sorts. The main reason is the eyes, and there isn't much of a Western tradition of no-nose and noticeable cheeks. But, I think your paneling, which is often squared, seems a little more Western. Japanese have 'gag' strips, but it's not nearly the tradition that exists in the West. I guess you are a sort of fusion artist?

I see it closer to manga, myself, and I like to read comics of all sorts. The main reason is the eyes, and there isn't much of a Western tradition of no-nose and noticeable cheeks. But, I think your paneling, which is often squared, seems a little more Western. Japanese have 'gag' strips, but it's not nearly the tradition that exists in the West. I guess you are a sort of fusion artist?

Yes I would think that I am somewhere in-between and that's kinda hard for people to accept too. It's not very manga in style, panelling and theme (and I'm not very famous), so Japanese publishers are not interested. I could self publish but I wonder if I should categorise my book under comic books or...liberal arts... ... :/
Anyway, with no luck in Japan, I will be approaching indie comic book publisher in Singapore when I return home and see what happens.

Hehe. Sorry. That should have been singaporean... =/
Aww... I was holding my breath for something European :p

It's ok, it means it wasn't funny :p
Actually my style and topic is not very popular in Japan. They still prefer BL, girls with short skirt or characters with huge eyes.
They say my style is closer to the west. But people from the west say my style is like manga.

It's clear that your style is something like that of a comedy type of comics, I like it, though why only compare Japan from Singapore? What's with Singapore by the way? I'm not Singaporean and having nothing against them, but I'm curious why you chose Singapore? :?

It's clear that your style is something like that of a comedy type of comics, I like it, though why only compare Japan from Singapore? What's with Singapore by the way? I'm not Singaporean and having nothing against them, but I'm curious why you chose Singapore? :?

Good question... because I'm a Singaporean so I would be able to defend my arguments better.
I only stayed in San Francisco for 3.5 years (and memory is a bit fading...) + SF is not a very American city, so it would be very difficult for me to handle any criticisms about any "errors" in my comics if any... And it is expensive for me to fly back to US for memory refreshment...

As you can see (or maybe not see? XD) that there are already a few people who criticise my comics because they deem the scenes I depicted on the Japanese side as inaccurate.

I really love your comics Kraystone, so please keep them posted. Don't worry about the criticise to much ne!

I do think it would be nice to see it compared with other countries sometimes, not sure if you are up to it, but might be an idea to ask others about differences between Japan and their own country.

Aww... I was holding my breath for something European :p

Sorry about that. I'd say european feeds tend to look more like the singaporeanone than the japanese. When you reach a certain age the over flood with badly taken pictures of children. I prefer food pictures to that. Also the kid pictures usually replaces party pictures, so while they are tiresome it is a step up in a way.
The only comics in my feed are those Def put up. Do you publish your comics on Facebook?

I really love your comics Kraystone, so please keep them posted. Don't worry about the criticise to much ne!

I do think it would be nice to see it compared with other countries sometimes, not sure if you are up to it, but might be an idea to ask others about differences between Japan and their own country.

Thanks Davey! :haihai:
I already blocked you-know-who. I would like to compare with other countries at a later stage when I get more fans from different countries. Currently my readership (according to Facebook) is still concentrated within SE Asia region. Need more power from the west!!! XDDD

Sorry about that. I'd say european feeds tend to look more like the singaporeanone than the japanese. When you reach a certain age the over flood with badly taken pictures of children. I prefer food pictures to that. Also the kid pictures usually replaces party pictures, so while they are tiresome it is a step up in a way.
The only comics in my feed are those Def put up. Do you publish your comics on Facebook?

LOL, my friends are half executives, half artists/designers/photographers. So the photos from the artist group are not bad XD
Yes you can find my Facebook link at the bottom of every comic strip and within my lengthy signature (because of the flames I received here :p )
www.facebook.com/evacomics

I'm a fan from the west !

I follow you on Facebook and JREF so I don't miss anything or yours. Not sure which I like more , the art work or the subject matter; both are so great.

Uncle Frank

👍👍👍

I follow you on Facebook and JREF so I don't miss anything or yours. Not sure which I like more , the art work or the subject matter; both are so great.

Uncle Frank

👍👍👍

You're so kind uncle Frank 😊
PS. I like your signature lol XD

hy i am new here, so can someone help me, i would like to read some mangas online and watch too :D, so have you something to suggest???
thx :)))

082en-1.jpg

I learned that anything can become a fashion in Japan with neat hairstyle and makeup!

083en-1.jpg

Some things are international, even though it's dangerous. This is called 「あるきスマホ」in Japan, which means "walking smartphone".

Back
Top Bottom