What's new

Why is PM Abe visiting The Yasukuni shrine?

Because he is old guard and doesn't give a damn.

This is going to make it almost impossible for the US to defend Japan diplomatically though.

Now the US is going to have to defend and protect Japanese war criminals it executed to do so.

It creates a serious conflict of interest, to an already tense situation imo.

How is that good for Japan?

A good dog would not bite the hand that feeds it. So why would Abe want to piss Chinese people and hence the Chinese consumers don't make sense.

Visiting Yasukuni may temporarily arouse Japanese nationalism and his poll, but will be proven to be detrimental in the long run for Japan. This shows that Abe is desperate to do anything to stay in office.

China and Korea should just invade Japan and make them surrender again and this time take Okinawa and Hokkaido, burn down Yasukuni for Asia's sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
An international boycott of Japanese products would crush Japan economically, militarily, and probably politically too.
I agree it doesn't make sense...

80% of Japanese approve of this? That's astounding! and scary.
A good dog would not bite the hand that feeds it. So why would Abe want to piss Chinese people and hence the Chinese consumers don't make sense.

Visiting Yasukuni may temporarily arouse Japanese nationalism and his poll, but will be proven to be detrimental in the long run for Japan. This shows that Abe is desperate to do anything to stay in office.

China and Korea should just invade Japan and make them surrender again and this time take Okinawa and Hokkaido, burn down Yasukuni for Asia's sake.

Abe's approval rating is mainly based on his economics, and not on his WWII bull-headedness. He just passed an offensive, American style secrecy bill that nobody likes, but I always hear the same thing, "but we can't vote for the other side."

The opposing parties in Japan are so useless, that Abe, an idiot historical revisionist with a near war criminal for a grandfather, and a useless record the first time as prime-minister, well, he has a lot of freedom to do whatever he wants to do.

There's way too many old people in office, there's way too many old people voting ("remember the good ol' days..."), and way too few young people giving any care to the future of their country.

Abe is in the position to do any stupid thing he wants. I wonder if China could do a work stoppage for two months... Absolutely destroy every retail outlet in the country... I don't want the people to suffer here, but how else is Abe going to realize how blind his 'patriotism' makes him.

caster,
That is not the wording of the link. "Want to" is not correct. The question asked if it was "proper" or "acceptable". BIG difference! And with practically no context in the question, how can people reasonably give their opinion? Moreover, a straightforward yes/no is a very poor way to do such a survey. But it's what they wanted to ask!

I am also not surprised that there were no demographics on WHO answered the poll (age group, location, political affiliation, etc.). You can bet no resident Koreans or Chinese were in that 77%! Would also be nice to see the trend of such a question in the last 20 years and who was PM then.

nahadef hit it on the head.

Are you ok with it?

Why do you feel that way?

why do I feel?

I am asking.. why do you feel ?

at first, what did he pray for at Yasukuni?
why was tensioon getting high?

war will be happened because of Abe's visiting Yasukuni?
it is only possible that china will attack Japan first.
becuase of visitting Yasukuni? if this one will be an excuse of war, it needs a revision of article 9 and A-bomd

Japanese people always keep calm.

one more Yasukuni problem is a political card for them
Japan try it useless. PM would go to Yasukuni every oppotunity with praying for peace.

the Japanese realized any political consideration to china and korea is useless.and not needed anymore by recent anti-japan news

Last edited:
Why this one-sided obsession with Yasukuni Jinja? One could equally focus on official visits to Mao's mausoleum in Beijing or to his birthplace in Shaoshan. Mao Zedong was the worst tyrant of the 20th century and caused unprecedented suffering to the Chinese people. And yet ignorant youths hold aloft his portrait when demonstrating against Japan. The irony is lost on them!

Are you Okay if German chancellor visit a Church that Shrine Hitler and other Nazi leaders?

No that I care, I just don't think it is a politically smart move.
who cares? we are not German
what relation does it have between hittlar and yasukuni?
Hittler killed innocent Jew who had nothing to do with war.

how about Korean?
they had nothing to do with called A criminal
Japan fought against Korea then?

please ask me questions about that if you do not understand it

If only the IJA did not commit so much atrocities in China.

In all honesty, I think China would have been better off under Japanese rule, after all Manchuria was the most industrialized region in Asia at the time thanks to Japan.

That article is full of straw men, and ignores the greater point of the Yasukuni issue: diplomacy.

While some right wing Westerners subscribe to the "we're right, they're wrong," point of view, it's foolish to describe that as the status quo. I don't know what percentage of Americans admit it, but it's no secret that the country was built on the foundation of genocide and slavery. And the fire bombings of WWII are considered unpunished war crimes, but that wouldn't be taught until university. Straw man arguments.

There is a fair precedent for Abe respecting the war dead. But in the climate of Asian politics, it's immature to push on your neighbors as he wants to. Just because he has a 'right' to visit, doesn't make it sensible, or in any way a good move for the country. Japan is in a worse position in Asia year by year, and this just makes it weaker and less influential. No amount of manga and Nintendo games will turn it around.

what does relation of Nintendo have? I think it is poor logic.

i found it.. トヨタなど日本の自動車3社、中国での11月販売台数が過去最高に 写真1枚 国際ニュース:AFPBB News

Japan is in a worse position in Asia year by year, and this just makes it weaker and less influential. No amount of manga and Nintendo games will turn it around.

it is getting better for Japan as national interests.
and if so, china and korea should hope more Japanese pm visits Yasukuni for their national interests

to consider them is getting worse. because it is unlimit for them

as for other Asia, I want to know it

https://jref.com/threads/sinocentrism.29173/

Abe visited many south east Asia..
of course, it is natural he would have negotiated it .
Why Japanese firms are investing heavily in Southeast Asia | ABS-CBN News

Last edited:
"Hatumoude"
It is said that the number of the first visit in the year to a shrine of this year of Yasukuni Jinja is 300,000 people.

The callers last year are 280,000 people.

It seems that concern about Yasukuni Jinja increased.

Because the fellow soldier of uncles is worshiped, of course I go and worship at Yasukuni shrine.

"Hatumoude"
It is said that the number of the first visit in the year to a shrine of this year of Yasukuni Jinja is 300,000 people.

The callers last year are 280,000 people.

It seems that concern about Yasukuni Jinja increased.

Because the fellow soldier of uncles is worshiped, of course I go and worship at Yasukuni shrine.

Hatsumode in three day
1. 明治神宮(東京都渋谷区):約319万人 Meiji shirine
2. 伏見稲荷大社(京都府京都市伏見区):約277万人 Fushimi shrine
3. 住吉大社(大阪府大阪市住吉区):約260万人 Yasukuni shrine 2.6 million
4. 鶴岡八幡宮(神奈川県鎌倉市):約251万人
5. 靖国神社(東京都千代田区) :約245万人
6. 熱田神宮(愛知県名古屋市熱田区):235万人
7. 大宮氷川神社(埼玉県さいたま市大宮区):約205万人
8. 太宰府天満宮(福岡県太宰府市):約204万人

Are you Okay if German chancellor visit a Church that Shrine Hitler and other Nazi leaders?

No that I care, I just don't think it is a politically smart move.

Yasukuni housed all the affected during the war, including civilians and soldiers who simply took orders from their commanding officer. Abe gave his speech to ALL THE DEAD in Yasukuni, not just the war criminals. Don't make up lies please.

Germany didn't shrine Hitler and other Nazi criminals, and they banned all Nazi related symbols? What about Japan? When are they ever going to ban the Rising Sun flag? Wait they are still using in in their Navy.

And you wonder why the world is so angry at Japan?

Yasukuni housed all the affected during the war, including civilians and soldiers who simply took orders from their commanding officer. Abe gave his speech to ALL THE DEAD in Yasukuni, not just the war criminals. Don't make up lies please.

People don't get angry about the non-war criminals. Just the war criminals. It's not like anybody is under the illusion that all of Yasukuni's interned were war criminals. Did somebody say that? Who are you claiming is making up lies? (I disagree with FW in a lot of places, but I haven't seen him claim what you're implying he did.)

Back
Top Bottom