What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

What Is Ahegao, the Hentai Face That’s Suddenly Everywhere?

Seiko

Sempai
Reaction score
1586359860804.png

What Is Ahegao, the Hentai Face That’s Suddenly Everywhere?
The expression gives its wearer the distinct and distasteful appearance of having dropped an anvil on their foot while tripping on ibogaine
By Isabelle Kohn 1 year ago

The year is 2019. Self-driving cars are crashing, people are throwing cheese at babies and a very peculiar facial expression is taking over the internet. Characterized by a dangling tongue, an effluvious combination of spit, snot and tears and crossed eyes that roll so far back into the head that all you can see is the crescent of an iris, the expression — which is called “ahegao” — gives its wearer the distinct and distasteful appearance of having dropped an anvil on their foot while tripping on ibogaine.
Yet, it’s ******* everywherein hentai, on Instagram models and all over whatever deranged dimension memes are birthed from. However, while it might look like nothing more than an overzealous O-face, it’s actually much more than that — ahegao is a historic, highly specific hentai trope that’s quickly becoming mainstream as more people realize that a face that says “I’ve lost musculoskeletal control of my facial organs, daddy” comprises a rare, viral cross-section of funny and hot.

According to Khursten Santos, a manga expert and Asian studies researcher at the University of Wollongong in Australia, the true purpose of ahegao is to “exaggerate the orgasmic face to show that the character is receiving an orgasm beyond normative notions of pleasure.” Designed by — you guessed it — men, the ahegao symbolizes a loss of control; a total capitulation to the overwhelming urge to cum. The vast majority of people ahegao-ing — as you also may have guessed — are women.

Continue reading @ This Weird Hentai Face Is Suddenly Everywhere — Here's What It Means

Last edited:

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Donor
Reaction score
Whoa, this is some weird stuff... disturbing how some of these things make it into a mainstream thing and become seen as a desirable trait or mannerism because it appeals to a very specific male fantasy.

My guess is the guys who are really into this probably would never see it in real life unless it were an affectation.

gives its wearer the distinct and distasteful appearance of having dropped an anvil on their foot while tripping on ibogaine.
this made me snort. A+

mdchachi

Reaction score
Yet, it’s ******* everywherein hentai, on Instagram models and all over whatever deranged dimension memes are birthed from.
I guess that it would explain why I haven't come across it recently as a special thing. I don't consume hentai and I don't get much exposure to instagram. And I guess I don't get the latest memes. Although since the video was from 2018 I guess it's old news by now. Somehow I do find it less disturbing than Myley Cyrus' little publicity stunt.

Top Bottom