What's new

Need a word or phrase translated?

It means, "Hey, are you trying to be funny?" as if the speaker were angry or upset, as if the speaker feels he is being made fun of.

Hello!
Im planing on getting a kanji tattoo with the meaning "devote yourself to what you love" and it would be really nice if someone could translate it into japanese!
I have already asked a friend of mine and this was her reply:
20191208_201308_HDR.jpg

but because it is for a tattoo I want to be absolutely sure there is no mistake and that it is understandable.
Thanks a Lot!

Hello guys. I need a translation of this, i paste it as it has been sent (seems to be something hot). Thank you :)
bわはは
ぼん
打撃

Hi everyone,

I have noticed there is an island south of Tokyo called 青ヶ島. I noticed it is not called 青島 but 青ヶ島. What is the difference between 青島 and 青ヶ島?

In meaning, none. In pronunciation, it's "Aogashima", while 青島 would be expected to be "Aoshima" or "Aojima". There is in fact an island called Aoshima off the coast of Ehime prefecture and another by Miyazaki city.

完全な文章で話してください。
省略しないでしゃべってください。
きちんとした文章で会話してください。
ちゃんとした文法を使って話してください。
etc. etc.

Hi, I have a bit of an unusual question. I have this fragment of a manga and I'm not sure what that onomatopoeia means. I think チーン would be the sound of a bell or a chime, but I'm not sure what it refers to here. The person who's saying the stuff about there being only so-so universities in the area is talking with a friend about her plans for the future. Does anyone know what that figure and that sound in the picture might mean?

hag17_xd.jpg

Right. チーン is an onomatopoeia of a hand bell. The man is a 托鉢僧 mendicant Buddhist priest and the bell is used to announce the existence of a priest. That image can express several different meanings, for instance, something has ended up with a bad result (= there is no hope in the future), so a more detailed context is needed to interpret it.

Right. チーン is an onomatopoeia of a hand bell. The man is a 托鉢僧 mendicant Buddhist priest and the bell is used to announce the existence of a priest. That image can express several different meanings, for instance, something has ended up with a bad result (= there is no hope in the future), so a more detailed context is needed to interpret it.
Toritoribe, thank you so much for your help! You're a lifesaver! I'm guessing this might imply that if the person goes to a それなり大学 she might not have a bright future ahead of her.

Please, how do you translate this in english: 社長と、冷静に自分を見つめる初心な受
especially the last part x)

That's an incomplete sentence/clause/phrase. It continues to the following part, for instance 受付嬢, 受験生 or 受講生.

Here is all the sentence: 嫁大好き溺愛攻:社長と、冷静に自分を見つめる初心な受:社員のラブラブな結婚生活です。
It's from a novel synopsis.
And thank you :)

Both 攻 and 受 are uncommon usages. Google search results say that you are referring to a BL novel, and the meaning of those terms are inappropriate in this forum. (hint: 攻め and 受け)

Thanks for your understanding.

Back
Top Bottom