What's new

Japanese-American from South Carolina

16 Jul 2011
I'm Terri..I'm from South Carolina..but now in the Pacific NW. I do not know the Japanese language and even if I were to learn it I think I could not. My southern accent just gets in the way of everything lol but the culture as of late is fascinating to me.

Haha you're from Spokane? Small world..I was in Cheney last night..not too far....im now in Wenatchee and then gonna go to the Teanaway River area near Cle Elum to go camping. I'm originally from Greenville, SC. So I get the people from here ask me "You're not from around here!" "No sir, I'm not from around these here parts..but you yanks are okay folks" lol they laugh. cause it's Ya'll not You All haha. Sort of like Boomhauer on King Of the Hill only not as pronounced lol

Welcome to the forum
When I speak Japanese my Aussie accent gets in the way but that's alright. We cannot make progress if we worry too much about our accent.

Well, I see myself first and foremost as an American..and that won't change. Which means I won't seek to learn a language I don't need to.

Back
Top Bottom