What's new

Horror movies

Picardo

後輩
5 Aug 2003
Japan and china makes good horror movies, but i dont know of any exept "dark water" and "the ring 1,2" .
Could someone recommend some to me ? preferably ones that are subbed to english / swedish. dubbed to english are also fine, but i'd prefer if they are subbed.

I would like to recommend Kairo(Pulse), Ju-on:the grudge, Uzumaki and Cure. They are all available with english subtitles and Cure is with swedish subtitles. They are all kind of spooky.

anyone remember a japanese horror movie that show how its like in hell (literally) ? its an old movie. i forgot its name, but i recommend that one.

you could scream as loud as you could,
but they will only get EOF

Ju-on is very nice, see the tv-series first then you will like it more.

The Eye is a must one of the best!!!!!!!

i also recommend The Eye! its one of the most terrifying films ive seen, but thats the only one that springs to mind right now....although audition isnt strictly a horror film i dont think it is still pretty scary and you will probably like it

isn't the eye in cantonese, coz i've got it but the language is not japanese??
anyway, i think that the japanese version of the ring is much better than the english one. i've also got the ring 2, but i haven't bothered to watch it yet (no one's willing to watch it with me, lol)

I got Ringu months ago and haven't seen it for the same reason!! ^_^ Channel 4 showed it again this week and they also showed Ringu-2 which I taped. Guess I need to find time to check them out....when I'm feeling brave enough. I watched Dark water the other week on my own and it really did give me cold shivers! :eek:

I seem to be in a horror mood lately, been to see a few US films at the flicks too: Cabin Fever, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Wrong Turn....

All pretty good fun.😄

Hajimamashite Candypop-san, watashi skinitotoro desu. Douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

LOL "the ring" why does everyone find it soo scary? well to be fair it was fairly "intresting" until the last 30 mins or so, but im rambling on. I guess I'll have to see the japanese ver as it is supposedly better, which is very possible :p

Okay I need to know the name of a Japanese horror movie I saw recently on the Independent film channel. Its about a a cop who has to follow a bizzare trail of murders, whose killers are perfectly normal people. It has to do with the theories of a Austrian Psychologist called Anton Mesmer, and has to do with Animalism. I'll leave it there by except that the movie is REALLY creepy/cool, and I enjoyed it profusely, well except for one part of it (but revealing it would ruin the movie)

Edit: this movie is the Cure, I did a google search.

Originally posted by candypop
isn't the eye in cantonese, coz i've got it but the language is not japanese??

I think that its chinese...its a pang-brothers film i think. Its really really good!!!

I've got Ju-on and its pretty spooky. I think that HennaSaru is right to watch the tv show first. I've not seen the tv show...and i was pretty confused with the movie...

im not too sure of any other japanese horror films...some look pretty good when i look on aznfilms.com.. ..but i haven't bought any lately..my last one was Dark Water.

Porl''

Originally posted by Mr. Manji
LOL "the ring" why does everyone find it soo scary? well to be fair it was fairly "intresting" until the last 30 mins or so, but im rambling on. I guess I'll have to see the japanese ver as it is supposedly better, which is very possible :p

you've got to see the japanese one. Its sooooo much better than the US one.. looads more atmosphere!

Porl''

The worst horror movie that I have ever seen was about 20 years ago and it:s title was; thee entity, and it has stayed with me ever since, it was the first video on VHS that I had ever seen, my aunt was the first person that I knew of, to get this type of the machine, I was invited up to watch the movie,(as I was the full-time member of staff and her housekeeper at the time) so I accepted to be privy to this new invention. The Horror of this movie still haunts me!!!!.. if anyone has seen this particular film, please let me know, I"m still very haunted but this entity, that has never been put to rest!!!👍 :eek:

I recently saw on CNN (of all places) that Sarah Michelle Gellar (of "Buffy" fame) will be starring in a remake of Ju-on. Should be interesting...

http://www.cinecon.com/news.php?id=0302214
:)

asian movies

Battle royal is a good japanese movie, and then there is the Whispering corridors series, but I haven't seen them... There is also one called Whishing stairs (by the same director), but I've heard it wasn't very good.

I liked both Ringu 1, 2 & 0 - but the last two are not super scary, just like Ju-on: The grudge 2 was not super scary either. I really liked Dark water though and i've heard The eye and Pulse (Kairo) are supposed to be good.

Other interesting but not so scary Asian movies are Bright future and maybe Gong (haven't seen the last, but the story seem interesting).

I rented the Ringu. Ringu 2, and Ringu 0 i watched them last night man they were so scary. I couldn't sleep i didn't sleep until i came back from school. The Ring isn't half as scary as the japanese version.

Next to Italian horror Japanese and Korean horror top my list. Some Japanese titles I quite enjoyed were the likes of;

Nakata's RINGU 1&2 DARK WATER
Miike's AUDITION, ICHI THE KILLER, VISITOR Q
Atsushi's JUNK
Kurosawa's KAIRO
Tsuruta's KAKASHI

other's like WILD ZERO and BATTLE ROYALE
......and many more!

Back
Top Bottom