What's new

Horror movies

Miss_apollo7 said:
@Flashjeff: ENJOY Ju-On, it is scary. I especially hate the sound when the ghost appears...it still gives me the creeps!

HA! You got that right! Not many things gives me the creeps, but Ju-on certainly filled the bill, and then some!

😲

Ju On made the hair on the back of my neck stand up and gave me the goose flesh! :eek: It's great!

I saw Ju-On and thought it was okay. I was told so many times that it was a scary movie and it wasn't. At least not for me. Heck, I found the little meowing boy (Toshio)adorable. I felt sorry for the old lady though.

seimeinogakusei said:
Heck, I found the little meowing boy (Toshio)adorable. I felt sorry for the old lady though.

I thought Toshio was too scary.....His white face and empty look on his face was too scary for my taste...Especially also his mother!!! :bikkuri:

Miss_apollo7 said:
I thought Toshio was too scary.....His white face and empty look on his face was too scary for my taste...Especially also his mother!!! :bikkuri:

Well, Miss A., like that old saying goes, like mother, like son!! :D

Uzumaki was really good until about 3/4ths of the way through, when you realized it didn't really have a point... Up until then, it seemed like everything would be drawn together into some deep meaning at the end, and I was kinda let down that it instead opted to go the route of many other horror movies... I'm not saying the ending to Uzumaki wasn't original, it was, but the first 3/4s of the movie are reflective of many other Japan horror movies where they build it up (and the viewer thinks everything will be tied together in some cool meaning) just to explain everything that transpired as "supernatural" (and the viewer ultimately gets let down)...

flashjeff said:
Well, Miss A., like that old saying goes, like mother, like son!! :D

YEAH! They were scary both of them!! Oh! It gives me the creeps just thinking about them...especially the scene when the mother approaches the bed...and under the covers!!!

BTW: @Flashjeff: Had a look at your website! It is cool and very well-made wow..Must have taken you ages with all that info!

Miss_apollo7 said:
YEAH! They were scary both of them!! Oh! It gives me the creeps just thinking about them...especially the scene when the mother approaches the bed...and under the covers!!!

My thoughts exactly! Perhaps I'm too much of an old school type, but I've always been of the belief that the best horror movies don't need copious amounts of blood to scare you silly. Take the shower scene from "Psycho" (the original, of course), still as classic, AND as scary as movies come! Ju-on, Ringu and (to a sometimes goofy extent) Tomie had that same effect on me. Goosebumps without gore.

BTW: @flashjeff: Had a look at your website! It is cool and very well-made wow..Must have taken you ages with all that info!

Many thanks for your kind words about my website, Miss A. When I started the site back in late 1998, it was only a quarter as large as it is today! And if I could read Japanese, it'd be even larger!
:)

I have seen both JU-ON and JU-ON 2 and enjoyed both quite alot. I'm now in the process of waiting for the two TV movies to arrive at my house. They were both released before the two films were made.

Hi everyone!

It will be a great help if you all can answer my survey.
Thank you all in advance! 窶堋イ窶ケツヲ窶氾坂?堋?窶堙ィ窶堋ェ窶堙??堋、窶堋イ窶堋エ窶堋「窶堙懌?堋キツ!🙂

URL to my survey: It is about fear.

Back
Top Bottom