What's new

does any one know of any good modern japanese movies

ahahaha lol thanx evry one lol i havnt beenon in a loong time lol i forgot my user name and password and then just figured it out but yeah i have seen some of the tittles and will check out some that u guys have recopmended thanx lol

hmm lol i donno if ani wone mentioned it i have read through it all but i have forgotten now lol "one missed call" i luv those movies soo much i recon there awsome, but i havnt seen one missed call final yet i will have ta get my friend to send it to me lol, but alot of the japanese movies i have seen havnt had subtittles like "NANA" and "one missed call" and heaps of others havnt had them lol but i get the general idea even if my japanese isnt that good lol

i actully showed some friends from skool one missed call the were shitting them selves it was so funny lol, did any of u like the one missed call movies?

Anyone has seen Old Boy? Its a nice movie.

Tokyo Fist, another nice movie.

Returner is a very nice and modern Japanese movie (imo).

There's a movie that will both make you sick and scare the hell out of you. I know you said you didn't want anything old, this film was made in the 70's. Its called Audition. It kicks ***. I'm not goning to spoil it for you so you should just watch it and then get back to me

Anyone has seen Old Boy? Its a nice movie.
Oldboy is a Korean movie. I too however think it's a good movie...

Returner is a very nice and modern Japanese movie (imo).
I didn't care for it too much, in my opinion its a b-movie at best.

Midnight Eye is a great site which offers not only reviews of new Japanese movies, but also critical essays about the history of Japanese film and various film festivals in Japan etc.

i don't watch many films only animes but i want to see Bara no Konrei (BRIDAL OF ROSE) soooooo much

but it's really exspensive too:(

There's a movie that will both make you sick and scare the hell out of you. I know you said you didn't want anything old, this film was made in the 70's. Its called Audition. It kicks ***. I'm not goning to spoil it for you so you should just watch it and then get back to me
If your thinking about the Audition I think you are then it is not a 70s film. Made in 1999 by Takashi Miike. See link
In fact I can't seem to find any film by that name made in the 70s. If I am wrong could you please provide a link or info on it? Thanks

Bird People in China is my absolute favorite Miike movie.

It's a beautifully filmed fantasy, which you wouldn't expect from him, but it definitely has a bunch of quirky characters that are familiar in his other films.

I've just finished Firefly Dreams,it's a warm heart-felt story with substance.This Japanese film has gorgeous scenery of Japan's countryside.

Audition might have been made in the 90's, I don't know, but regardless to when it was made I think that movie kicks ***

Bird People in China is my absolute favorite Miike movie.

It's a beautifully filmed fantasy, which you wouldn't expect from him, but it definitely has a bunch of quirky characters that are familiar in his other films.
I liked Bird People in China too, it wasn't a typical Miike film either, and that's always a nice change from him.

I enjoy Miike's work, I specifically liked the movie Izo, even though a lot of other reviewers panned it as being single-minded (a statement on violence in media & otherwise realized as 2 & 1/2 hours of various & sundry people being cut down left & right by one vengeful spirit's sword) to a fault.

I don't know if this has been mentioned much, but until recently the Japanese government didn't have anything in place that sought to promote and preserve Japanese film. Film was seen as something like cheap entertainment, so government agencies largely ignored its artistic capacities. Film of course was later seen as an important contribution to Japan's history and art, and was given attention to promoting and preserving the work of Japanese film-makers.

I can't find a source article on this at the moment, so I'll try to find something to cite here....

I know alot. Like there's Audtition from the creator of One Missed Call, or there's: A Tale Of Two Sisters,Koma,Infection,Noroi(Curse)<--this one reminds me of The BlairWith..anywho *cough*,Pray,Rinne(Reincarnation),the obvious, Ju-on 1-2,Kowai-Onna,MAREBITO,and much more but I think I should stop..:3..oh yes..does anyone know where I can download the episodes of One Missed Call? I wanna burn them on DvD for sis who luv series. But i never have enough money to pay for these downloads..so if anyone knows please please please! tell me..tank you. ^^

First of all, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned "All about Lilli Chou-chou" !
It's an amazing movie which has won awards at the Rotterdam, Toronto, New York and Pusan international film festivals.
It was described as "an exceptional depiction of teenage life" by The Daily Telegraph, and is in my opinion the best film about teenaged life (particularly Japanese) I have ever seen.
I would seriously recommend watching this movie. It is unbelievably touching in a surreal and breathtakingly beautiful way. 😭
Also, yukio_michael, in response to:
[...]Sounds like a great recipie for a "crazy sick" movie to me... :eek:
"Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children" is an extremely good film in its own right. Despite the fact that its creators had only ever made "in-game movies" it is brilliantly executed, with the most stunning computer-generated visuals I have ever seen, brilliant voice acting, and again the best fighting scenes i've ever seen. The story is a bit difficult to follow, especially if you have no previous knowledge of the plot from the original game series, but it is one of the best animated movies I have seen to date; up there with "Mind Game" (which is a must see, I really can't express this enough) and "Princess Mononoke" (MononokeHime in Japanese)

Back
Top Bottom