What's new

Favorite Doramas

My fave has to be Kimi wa petto, mainly because I read the manga first and Jun is so kawaii XD. I've also seen the Korean Dorama Peach Girl and it wasn't too bad but there were just some bits that got to me.

My favourites would have to be -

1) Hana Yori Dango
2) Gokusen (NOT the second series!)
3) Kimi wa Petto
4) GTO

I still haven't decided how I feel about Densha Otoko so I'll wait until I've seen more of it.

Hmmm ...

Hana Yori Dango is my favorite. Of all time. But there are some others I loved, in no particular order.

Nobuta wo Produce : First one I ever watched. The characters were funny, the story was good, and the actors had great chemistry.

Gokusen : Always somewhat funny, if not a bit predictable.

GTO : You kinda have to watch it. It's a right of passage.

Stand up!! : Crazy funny. And I loved all the actors.

I am a huge fan of Japanese traditional classic TV doramas,2004's O-ku or Inner Palace is one I really enjoy watching.The entire drama through out,excellent showcase of elegant Japanese kimonos.

i love J dorama ^^

My fav

Ichi ritoru no namida
- I can't stop cry, too SAD! :( :( :( :( :(
Oniyome diary
- Really funny XD 👍 👍

Nobuta wo produce
- YAMAPI KON!!! XD 👍 👍

O Oku - Dai Ishou
- Kaneko Noboru sooooooooooooo handsome >< 😊 😊

O Oku - Hana to Ran
- I like Rina Uchiyama act ... cool 👍 👍

Kami sama mou sukoshi dake
- Cute Kyoko... I cry when an ost start :(

Sekai o chuusin de ai o sakebu
- This dorama too, Sad... :(

Orange Days
- Ahhhhh so romantic!!!!! 😊 😊

Hana Yori Dango
- Love this dorama very much :)

too many, I forget :p :p

I'm waiting to get Japan-TV though cable to get all the dorama goodness I want, but for right now I only have weekend nights on channel 8 (KTSF), where they play Wakaba and Yoshitsune (I think that's what it's called). Those are the only ones I'v been exposed to but I really like them.

Lol, I will maybe hold my wedding ceremony at a location from Wakaba.... Cool 🙂

Oh so there're some people here who likes Doramas, really nice =D! I haven't seen too many doramas but I think the ones I've seen are really nice, I hope I could get a chance to watch more doramas, my favorites (from better to normal =P) are:

- Densha Otoko
- 1 Littoru no Namida
- Attention Please ( aya Ueto (L) )
- Kekkon Dekinai Otoko (haven't seen this one complete yet)

GTO
Your Under Arrest
Densha Otoko
Attention Please
My Boss My Hero

Plannign to Watch Stand up!
I wanted to see Kekkon Dekinai Otoko but there were no subs out fo rit yet so ...

For me as an Oriental female,this early 2006 Japanese TV dorama's main attraction is one can have a peak at underground world of " gigolos " exist in a male chauvinistic Japan,places in Ginza where wealthy and well-off Japanese women can buy companionship.I couldn't imagined Japanese male chauvinistic pigs would entertain their womenfolk,we often think they treat Japanese girls with disrespect.

The script is so-so with repetitious lines,it has 11 episodes ( 519 minutes imprinted on the DVD boxset ).I liked it,because the storyline was refreshing for the reason I noted in above paragraph.

Kanji for Goah meaning .... Night Kings

Yeah,My favorite Japanese actress Ryoko Yonekura's newest TV dorama titles " Fushin No Toki " finally out on DVD.👍 :)

Here is another good scripted Japanese TV dorama with Ryoko Yonekura and Asaka Seta starred in it,the title is " Matriachal Family " based on a bestseller novel.

2 thumbs UP 👍

I was just wondering if anyone here could know why "Yamato Nadeshiko" is translated as "Perfect Woman" in english ?

My wildest guess is a good selling point grabs attention of Western males,it's translated as " Yamato GOLDDIGGER " for the Chinese-subtitled version I have.

For me as an Oriental female,this early 2006 Japanese TV dorama's main attraction is one can have a peak at underground world of " gigolos " exist in a male chauvinistic Japan,places in Ginza where wealthy and well-off Japanese women can buy companionship.I couldn't imagined Japanese male chauvinistic pigs would entertain their womenfolk,we often think they treat Japanese girls with disrespect.

The script is so-so with repetitious lines,it has 11 episodes ( 519 minutes imprinted on the DVD boxset ).I liked it,because the storyline was refreshing for the reason I noted in above paragraph.

Kanji for Goah meaning .... Night Kings

Thanks for the info! I hope someone fansubs and torrents it. As thats the only way I can watch doramas. But it sounds REALLY cool. :D

Sure .... I wish there are more Japanese TV dorama fans @ Jref whom I can share same interest and have fun discussions.

If I spoke Japanese I would deffinately buy dvds. However, sadly, I only speak English. *sigh*

So, I rely on sites like Home - D-Addicts and I save yesasia and the like for music.

If they offer the series on dvd I will start buying them. I may pick up a few when I go back next month.

My favorite Dorama was Kekkon Dekinai Otoko.

I also like Trick 1, 2, and 3, Densha Otoko, Gokusen.

Back
Top Bottom