What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

China Goes After Japan in Anti-Japan War Online

lexico

Sempai
Reaction score
RockLee said:
But the way things are now is not the way it should be. And I don't claim the Japanese are saints either. But I wish China and Japan could be friends and not enemies, and there would be no hostility between both countries, that's why I think games like this are absolutely unnecesairry !
I think it is noble of you to wish for peace between the two countries, but all the Chinese are asking for is some courtesy -- that is what it boils down to.
The recent revisionist movement started from within Japan -- being unable to handle the self-criticism from Japanese themselves. I think that overreacting is a serious problem. One piece of advice -- please never tell the victim to shut up. I find such forced peace not only insulting, but impractical because it never works that way.

Besides, these Chinese who protested are for the most part young and excitable, too (this is just my observation, so please don't quote me). Just show some courtesy, and people will be people -- accepting and forgiving. But doing whatever they will about Yasukuni, revisionist Textbooks, and childish War Games that all go to the effect of hurting the Chinese people's hearts is not the way to handle Imperial Japan's past. So let's stop advocating childishness -- what is there to defend than mindlessness ?

lexico

Sempai
Reaction score
I sincerely wish we stopped this propagandist discussion.
What do you want to prove ?
You are only adding fuel to the fire, RockLee, contrary to what you claim to do.
Carry on, freedom-fighters !
Banzai !! 🙂

Last edited:

RockLee

Hullu
Reaction score
lexico said:
Then may I infer from your sentiment that you identify Modern Japan with Imperial Japan ?
I don't identify it at all, modern Japan is not the same as it was in those days.The era which the game plays in has nothing to do with the fact the meaning of the game is to fight the Japanese.Now on itself it's not that bad indeed as there are many games which have the same concept: "fighting another country"

Some games like Call of Duty, America online,etc... are exact the same.
But isn't it rather coincidence that they want to make a game right after the recent events??

Here are some facts about the use of the game I found:

-The game is meant to learn the Chinese about history.To get their patriotic feeling when fighting against the Japanese.It plays in the period of WW2

-This MMORPG is being sponsored by the China Communist Youth League to help create a sense of patriotism among China's exploding gaming community. See Doc's original post for this quote.

-"We will pay close attention to the authenticity of historical facts in the game." : If they do that it means the Chinese will lose, as history proved, why make a game where you will lose in the end :?

-Recently the Chinese government stated that it wants to limit the online games to three-hours per day.Yet they are planning to make more online games similar to this game :?

-The games I mentioned above are not tools to educate people, but for fun.Unlikely to this game, because it is meant to teach, but what is good about teaching people how to kill Japanese ?

Defending one's territory is racism ? Was the defeating of Nazi Germany in Europe racism ?
I never said anything in the likes of that.What is racism to me is a Chinese person standing on a Japanese person with pride after winning a battle ! An American soldier standing on a Nazi soldier shaking hands with a Brit would be the same, but do you see anything like that in games ? I think not.Definitaly not government sponsored in any way!

It seems like the CCP is using games like this to fuel nationalism and making people feel like they actually HAVE somewhat freedom when in fact they want to cover up their failing policies and people are losing faith in the communist government.It's also recently since word came that China's economy is growing that problems started between Japan and China, might be a trigger also :? It can't all just be coincidence, can it ?

China has occupied Tibet, wants to occupy Taiwan and complains about the attrocities Japan commited ?

According to the Taiwanese newspaper 窶佚・窶ケIナ陳ウ,
the Chinese government caused the death of 30 million of its own people: 20 million
during the Great Leap Forward, 10 million during the Cultural Revolution.

source : http://joi.ito.com/archives/2005/08/26/antijapan_war_online_game.html

Also, in China there is only 1 party which has power, the CCP and afaik not chosen by the people.I think it would be better if there where different parties and states would have more individual authority and authonomy.The country simply is too big to be run by only I party.

RockLee

Hullu
Reaction score
lexico said:
You are making me get jealous again, RockLee; sounds super ! Did you get individual attendents too :?
I've heard back in 1990's that domestic flights were not as good as international flights; dunno what it's like now:?
The planes used in international flights are the big'uns ! 👍 They have a lot of comfort(as much as possible) and are nicer than the planes used for domestic flight, which are smaller also :)

No individual attendants though :( But a nice smile from a pretty attendant made me day anyways 😌 😊

btw. The plane was a big one, because it was quite a distance from Guangzhou to Beijing :)

innerfire

Sempai
Reaction score
Mamoru-kun said:
...I still don't have a clue that such a gouvernment is bad for such a big population. Furthermore, after I got marry with my japanese woman, I somehow noticed that what we are teached at school here, or even stronger, what we are teached at television, is some kind of propagande -against- such gouvernments. Well, that's what I feel recently...
Wow Mamoru-kun! Although you pointed out only somethings not new to me, still you win my greatest respect by this kind of way of thinking. I hope so much that more and more western people think in such an objective way as you do, trying to think in others' shoes, and willing to admit the negtive side of their own countries. Then I think finally a free, peaceful and modern world is not so far from us. Good job man!

Mamoru-kun said:
Sure, for us (and even for me, sorry for repeating), I don't -feel- that communism gouvernments are good...or perhaps should I say that I don't believe they would be good for us. But I'm also unable to say if they are bad for them, as I don't have a clue on how to satisfy a population so big. I won't be surprised if another kind of gouvernment wouldn't bring more happiness to them...
Quite to the point. That's what I'm trying to let some guys understand here.

To a larger sense, as accepted by most people that centralization is not that good. That's the seedbed for corruption. But take a look at the most powerful nation today in the world -- the US. Can you deny that still some centralization system implicitly dominates that country? I remember that Bossel explained that before in some previous threads. In short, a complete freedom & democracy is no good for a large, i mean both in territory and population, country, the ultimate best solution i think should be combined with both freedom and centralization. We all should keep this in mind.

innerfire

Sempai
Reaction score
noyhauser said:
When the textbook contraversy erupted only 14 schools had adopted the offending textbooks. within 5 months of the major anti Japanese protests 30 schools had adopted it and its growing.
That's what I worry about most. Forgive me but I have to quote my old post here again:

innerfire said:
The worse thing is that they are whitewashing the inhuman crimes to the young generation by government controled education. They teach their kids in some way like this:"China is a lower nationality, and we never did inhuman crimes to them but regular war. Don't know why these barbarians roaring about us all day long..." So naturally, most young Japanese feel astonished, then maybe offended, when they begin to know that most Chinese "hate Japan". Japan's government is glad to see this kind of misunderstandings spread, for in that way, they may get more supports in raising militarism to balance the "China's threats" that they deliberately brewed.

That reminds me what Nixon said, when he resigned from office after the Watergate Scandal: "Others may hate you, but those who hate you won't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself." So we Chinese should keep a peaceful mind all the time, pretend that the scars on our hearts are not bleeding at all. But unfortunately, we are not built in such a complicated way maybe, we are eager and straight forward to express our feelings. So the misunderstandings are inevitably intensifying, maybe till another war.

Almighty God please bless your poor peoples to understand each other more. We are on the same Earth, under the same Sun. We are not 2 but 1.

innerfire

Sempai
Reaction score
RockLee said:
Let me tell you btw I have absolutely no grudge against the Chinese people, hell even my girlfriend is Chinese,I have some very good Chinese friends and I think of China as a nice country where I might (want to) live in some day in the near future.But the way things are now is not the way it should be.And I don't claim the Japanese are saints either.But I wish China and Japan could be friends and not enemies, and there would be no hostility between both countries...
RockLee, I really admire you by saying this. I understand you wish China to be better very much, and that's so nice to me. I think none of us is built to prefer saying something wrong. But just as Mamoru-kun kindly pointed out: we are affected in most cases by our own government, more or less, and you ditto. But it seems to me still very hopeful that this is getting better and better since the last several decades. People from all countries can learn from each other easily just as what we are doing now, including those from the "communist" China (I'm one of them 😊 ). You see, more and more Chinese members have joined JREF. Isn't that a signal of that? Come on man let's be more open-minded and forward-looking human beings! 👍

There's no better way than saying these words to hit my 100th post! Cheer! :p

lexico

Sempai
Reaction score
Congratulations on your 100-th post, Inner Fire ! 👍 🎈 😎
In the meantime, the criticisms seem to be well made and taken, and I wonder if there is anything more to add :?

RockLee

Hullu
Reaction score
lexico said:
Congratulations on your 100-th post, Inner Fire ! 👍 🎈 😎
In the meantime, the criticisms seem to be well made and taken, and I wonder if there is anything more to add :?
Hmm well I think I said my part, I think

4321go

Happy
Reaction score
Time:August 25

Source:the Inquire

The Chinese on-line game company PowerNet Technology cooperates with the total green regiment organization to develop a kind of lately on-line game of, being named" on-line anti- day"( the Anti- Japan War Online).

The PowerNet call that the person that that game can let play games, is the young player study history particularly.Make them get the patriotic feeling at the time of with invade fighting to protect a 卫 country.

Game will in end of the year the front sells formally.

4321go

Happy
Reaction score
Total green regiment in China draws up the on-line game of the development" patriotic", to set up the local patriotism network culture.This game was basic to imitate the true emersion 1937-45 war against Japan histories of Chinas.

In this game that is called the Anti- Japan War Online( fight the invading army on-line), attend only ability for honour of Red Army the one who fights Japan to invade.Because also no one would like to become the accomplice who Japan invades, in the game, you can't attackstone other game participants, they will fight shoulder to shoulder to resist the Japanese doctrine to invade together with you.

This game can make the people are on the net formation in accordance with the nation outward the policy of patriotism spirit, the Chinese people have been think that Japan should carry on repenting morely in the criminal acts in the World War II for the oneself.

The total green regiment ヒ? cooperates with the PowerNet and will start Mr. of this game with this month measure, and plan to face to the public to release this patriotism game at the end of in this year.

An alliance that is called the National Spirit Online has already cost for the sake of developping this game about pound 4,000,000, it is said have the scene of the Red Army Long March in the game.

If this kind of guide the public thought of the network game mode achieve success hereafter, other government sections and company also try this kind of method.

Mamoru-kun

Wanderer
Reaction score
Wow, the graphics are great. Quite colourfull, and pleasant to see. But one thing I don't understand: why is there the russian flag symbol at the top-left part of the screen? Isn't that game supposed to be between Japan and China?

lexico

Sempai
Reaction score
USSR Enters Pacific War: Operation August Storm

It's a pity I cannot see the graphics from here. :(
Mamoru-kun said:
Wow, the graphics are great. Quite colourfull, and pleasant to see. But one thing I don't understand: why is there the russian flag symbol at the top-left part of the screen? Isn't that game supposed to be between Japan and China?
Interesting point. I wonder if the Russian/USSR flag is in there as an ally of China in the war of expelling IJA forces from Chinese soil. Earlier in Feb. 4-11 Yalta Conference, Franklin D. Roosevelt had made a formal request to Joseph Stalin that the Soviet Union enter the war against Imperial Japan.
The Soviets agreed to intervene in the war with Japan within three months of the German surrender. In return they would be given the Sakhalin and Kurile Islands and pre-eminent interests over Port Arthur and Darien (Dalian) and its rail connections.
On August 8, 1945, Stalin declared war against Imperial Japan and launched an attack on IJ's puppet regime Manchukuo & IJA's Guandong Army in Operation August Strom with success.
Operation August Storm

Operation August Storm was the codename for the Soviet invasion of Manchukuo, Mengjiang, Korea, the southern portion of Sakhalin, the Kuril Islands, and Hokkaido. This was the initial action of the Soviet Union against the Empire of Japan. At the Yalta Conference, it had agreed to enter the Second World War's Pacific theatre within three months of the end of the war in Europe.

The invasion began on August 8, 1945, precisely three months after the German surrender on May 8. It occurred in violation of a neutrality pact with Japan, and, notably, between the droppings of the atomic bombs on Hiroshima (August 6) and Nagasaki (August 9).
The Campaign

The operation was carried out as a classic double pincer envelopment over an area the size of Western Europe. In the western pincer, the Red Army advanced over the deserts and mountains from Mongolia, far from their resupply railways. This confounded the Japanese military analysis of Soviet logistics, and the Japanese were caught by complete surprise, in unfortified positions. The Japanese commander was missing for the first eighteen hours of conflict, and communication was lost with forward units very early on; Japanese forces had been misled into believing the invasion would be in October. At the same time, airborne units were used to seize airfields and city centers in advance of the land forces; they were also used to ferry fuel to those units that had outrun their supply lines.

The attackers were essentially victorious by the 16th. The fighting had lasted only for about a week when Japan's Emperor Hirohito read the Gyokuon-hōsō on August 15, and declared a ceasefire in the region the next day; Soviet forces were already penetrating deep into Manchukuo by that time. They continued their now largely unopposed advance into Manchukuo's territory, reaching Mukden, Changchun and Qiqihar by August 20. At the same time, Mengjiang was invaded by the Red Army and her Mongol allies, with Guihua soon taken.

On August 18, several amphibious landings had been conducted ahead of the land advance: three in northern Korea, one in Sakhalin, and one in the Kuril Islands. This meant that, in Korea at least, there were would be already Soviet soldiers waiting for the troops coming overland. In Sakhalin and the Kurils, it meant a sudden and undeniable establishment of Soviet sovereignty.

The land advance was stopped a good distance short of the Yalu River, the beginning of the Korean peninsula, when even the aerial supply lines became unavailable. The forces already in Korea were able to establish a bit of control in the peninsula's north, but the ambition to take the entire peninsula was cut short when American forces landed at Incheon on September 8, six days after the signing of the Japanese Instrument of Surrender.

Hokkaido was never invaded as planned.

innerfire

Sempai
Reaction score
Thank you 4321 for the new links! I can see them now!

@Mamoro-kun: Actually CCP uses that symbol for its flag too. So I'm not sure whether it really has any relations with the USSR.

lexico

Sempai
Reaction score
I don't see a Soviet Union flag, either. I think the scythe and the hammer in pic #3 stand for the farmers and labourers, a common symbolism in many communist countries.

The architecture definitely looks Chinese; the game appears to carry the theme of defending the homeland rather than invading and bashing on Japan. All this ado about nothing ! :p
I would call it shallow reporting of propagandist journalism feeding on outdated, Cold War conscious readers who obviously fell for it in this thread. What a waste of time ! *tsk tsk*

Last edited:

innerfire

Sempai
Reaction score
lexico said:
The architecture definitely looks Chinese; the game appears to carry the theme of defending the homeland rather than invading and bashing on Japan. All this ado about nothing ! :p
I would call it shallow reporting of propagandist journalism feeding on outdated, Cold War conscious readers who obviously fell for it in this thread. What a waste of time ! *tsk tsk*
That's exactly what I feel from the very begining of this thread!

Top Bottom