What's new

Post your picture here!

suzu said:
I don't know what everyone is talking about XD (ie shotokan and wado ryu)
Oh, gotcha :p .

Buddha Smoker said:
I thought it was a picture thread?
It was cuz ippolito showed his picture of him and 2 girls doin martial arts , so the conversation digressed as usual 🎈

Duo said:
It was cuz ippolito showed his picture of him and 2 girls doin martial arts , so the conversation digressed as usual 🎈

Sorry, I didn't scroll down enough and missed the picture..my bad. :sorry:

dreamer said:
I still don't get the difference between shotokan and wado ryu...

Shotokan is an hard style meanwhile Wado is more flexible and his founder took tehcnichs and mental status from Aikido.
Shotokan is more powerful ....Wado can obtaind the same results withot a lot of energy.
As all martial arts is important the practice the Sensei and the humility
we do not searc force or be the best just learn and learn for all the life
meanwhile in normal sports you can reach the maximum at 25 or 30 years
(swimming 18 20 ) and than slow down and practice a little....
in m.a. you never stop to learn and prractice even when you are old
A 80 years old man or woman can practice Thai chi chuan.....
There are many aspects of the karate practice....kumite kata self defence (street fighting), kobudo.....etc......
I am studing Iaido and wish, one day to try Kyuodo.
sayonara

here is a picture I took last week @ a martial arts demonstration

Iaido: it looks really sugoi :)

Attachments

• 00000007 copy.gif
    00000007 copy.gif
    146.6 KB · Views: 38
Hey, someone who does Iai! What style do you practice? Where/who with? Myself, Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu under Dave Green (Ottawa, ON, Canada, part of the Kim Taylor/Ohmi sensei section down here). Unique art, but hard to find anyone that knows what it is or wants to talk about it. I know too much about japanese swords now :).

Dont look down! He'll take your head off! :D

Heres me (second from left, from left is Chika, Leon, Ansgar, Tomi)

Shorinji Kempo, me wearing a hoi cause it was my last week in Japan :(
pile of other pics at http://users.on.net/~tjapple/photo/kempo/

I do kendo at the moment and did a bit of Iai in Japan. They compliment each other really well.

Ten'shi-no-Shippuu said:
It seems that I look good on this picture..... 😌
What do you think?

Ten'shi-no-Shippuu,, I like your avatar.. I really thought it belongs to one of the celebrities .. :)

Ewok85 said:
Dont look down! He'll take your head off! :D

Here's me (second from left, from left is Chika, Leon, Ansgar, Tomi)

Shorinji Kempo, me wearing a hoi cause it was my last week in Japan :(
a pile of other pics at http://users.on.net/~tjapple/photo/kempo/

I do kendo at the moment and did a bit of Iai in Japan. They compliment each other really well.

Wat's with the green swastika on your uniforms ?

the swastika or broken cross is a very old symbol used by many cultures. its also a buddist symbol which is why you will see it on lots of temples and things. the nazis took the symbol and made it their own, and i believe that the one they used was transposed from the one you see in the pic.

See

The Japanese "Manji" symbol : 卍

The Nazi Swastika ("Haaken Kuroitsu" in Japan) attached (note the difference in the direction of the arms)

I've heard it was a Native American symbol that the swastika was used for. And the church uses it on the gospels too..................so I'm not sure what to think now.......

Manji - buddist symbol that has over 3000 years of heritage and can be found in early christianity, native american and asian cultures. Has a variety of meanings, mainly peave and love, in europe it was knows as 4 L's (love luck life something... i forget)

Swastika - reversed and rotated manji bastardised by the nazi party in the 1940's.

I'm glad to see people in here know what it really is! 👍

When it was on the back of a gospel (this is when I used to go to church when I was like 15, or 16.....8 years ago) in the Catholic church, it was reversed the same way that the swastika was. I'm not sure if it was different in other churches, but it was there, blatant on the back of the gospel thing.

ippolito said:
Shotokan is an hard style meanwhile Wado is more flexible and his founder took tehcnichs and mental status from Aikido.
Shotokan is more powerful ....Wado can obtaind the same results withot a lot of energy.
As all martial arts is important the practice the Sensei and the humility
we do not searc force or be the best just learn and learn for all the life
meanwhile in normal sports you can reach the maximum at 25 or 30 years
(swimming 18 20 ) and than slow down and practice a little....
in m.a. you never stop to learn and prractice even when you are old
A 80 years old man or woman can practice Thai chi chuan.....
There are many aspects of the karate practice....kumite kata self defence (street fighting), kobudo.....etc......
I am studing Iaido and wish, one day to try Kyuodo.
sayonara
So it means wado's a little like aikido? ^^
Maybe I should try...very interresting...

Back
Top Bottom