What's new

Why Japan is edging closer to China

Astroboy

先輩
5 Dec 2007
One option would be to assume that China is gradually going to displace the US as the dominant power in the Asia-Pacific region and, therefore, to try to cultivate a much warmer relationship with the government in Beijing. The alternative would be to hug the US even closer and to cultivate warmer relations with other democratic nations in the region, such as India and Australia, in what would be an undeclared policy of "soft containment" of Chinese power.

For the moment, it makes sense for Japan to aim for good relations with both the US and China. In the long run, Japan is likely to face an uncomfortable choice.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/74e9b3cc-2b1a-11df-93d8-00144feabdc0.html

This is an interesting article from FT. In summary, the article is probably reflecting anglo-american impatience. However, this article is lack of Japanese standpoint - USA and China are exactly the same. Both are "Bandit". :D

This is an interesting article from FT. In summary, the article is probably reflecting anglo-american impatience. However, this article is lack of Japanese standpoint - USA and China are exactly the same. Both are "Bandit". :D

What are you babbling about? If you would like to discuss the article why don't you explain yourself a little more clearly please?

What are you babbling about? If you would like to discuss the article why don't you explain yourself a little more clearly please?

Sorry for lack of words. But I thought everybody (except both countries) knew it :p

Both are pushing their own sense of value to others: You shoud do this, shouldn't do that.
Both are asserting own ideologies: We are right, but you are wrong.
Both are continuing inhuman acts even today: Needless to say.
Both are strategically good at bashing others: Needless to say.
Both are loving militaristic power: Needless to say.
News media of both countries are very much propaganda and flaming: CNN, FOX, People's Daily, etc.

To me, both seem the same exactly. 🙂

Yes they are the same..
Don't forget the racist...
The Superman is fighting the Dragon,Who is going to win ? :D

Yes they are the same..
Don't forget the racist...
The Superman is fighting the Dragon,Who is going to win ? :D

Plus,

Both are loving something Big/Great: Leaders of both countries must act as Strong and must be a big man.
Both are extremely loving Money: Needless to say
Both are loving HERO: Chinese film Hero vs ordinary Hollywood movies

More similarity between 2 countries than difference, I think.

Plus,
Both are loving something Big/Great: Leaders of both countries must act as Strong and must be a big man.
Both are extremely loving Money: Needless to say
Both are loving HERO: Chinese film Hero vs ordinary Hollywood movies
More similarity between 2 countries than difference, I think.

I would add, both countries never apologize for anything-such as poisoned milk/toxic financial products :p

I would add that everyone here accusing US policy makers of looking at at things in stark black/white terms when it comes to Asia is, well, doing exactly the same for "losing Japan" -- like we're back in the Cold War. :p

Must be only in Europe they are able to deal with a much more subtle, nuanced touch! haha

Must be only in Europe they are able to deal with a much more subtle, nuanced touch! haha

I heard the other day that some millions of workers are protesing government are "subtle" demonstrating on the road in Greece, which I have never seen in Japan.

I heard the other day that some millions of workers are protesing government are "subtle" demonstrating on the road in Greece, which I have never seen in Japan.
Yes i have never seen something like this...

I would add, both countries never apologize for anything-such as poisoned milk/toxic financial products :p

Another similarity suddenly crossed my mind.

Both cuntries' national anthem is very "Encouraging or Inciting", while Japanese natinal anthem is very "Discouraging or quiet". :p

Yes i have never seen something like this...
I was talking about the EU governments working together. After centuries upon centuries of warfare. You'll be relieved to know we don't have general strikes in the US either. :sorry:

Seriously, European traditions in Africa, Asia and Latin America have been in my opinion way more destructive for the well-being of the continents than US imperialism.

But it's good to be able to protest & strike,It's one way of the freedom witch people here can never do.
*sigh*

as for Greece matter, I am very interested ..
EU's open seam is seen....

anyway
For this to happen, it is important for China to further increase domestic demand for investments and to further domestic consumption based on those results. When China's domestic consumption level surpasses that of the US, the Yuan can release itself from the grip of the US Dollar, making the world economy largely dependent on China. China must realize that the major principle in economics is that ツ"customers are kingツ", not manufacturers or lenders. If China learns that rulers are buyers and borrowers, that alone will quickly bring us to the day when China dominates the world.

A bad peace is better than a good war. Japan and China should have better relationships, not only political, then there will be less mutual prejudices. I know an older Japanese guy who worked in China for six years. He respects and understands Chinese despite any problems. Not only Japan is edging closer to China but the other way around is also true. It's a good trend.

Back
Top Bottom