What's new

What's a (Western) woman to do?

Dream Time said:
I disagreed with him , I actually debated with him on that!!
:D

'white girls won't fall for asian guys'
that isn't true... atleast I know about it personally..
there were a few white girls that had feelings for me

there was one,i was grade 7 and I just got transferred from the ESL class to a regular class, it was like the second day since I have joined the class, a white girl's guy friend told me she had feelings for me, she was all shy when the guy told me this infront of her, shes a beautiful blonde girl,
before the Valentines Day, our teacher did something like we all wrote our names on the papers and put in a box and,and we all picked those papers,whoever's names on it,we got to switch gifts with the other person,

I saw her switched with the girl that got the paper with my name on it

so on the V day, she gave me chocolate,candy cane,a plastic basketball and football...maybe she saw me playing and practicing basketball like everyday,the basketball she gave me...well..she probably did not do enough research about me, it was a Bulls basketball and I hate the Bulls...but..its okay since it was a gift from her

one morning/afternoon I was my room [can't remember exactly] and I heard two people talking outside..I looked out from the window it was my friend and the girl, my friend pointed to my door and the girl wrote down the address on her book....

must say i'm sorta wondering why you're not with this girl o_O

Satori said:
I'm glad you argued with him, because he was definitely wrong! 👍

I seem to recall that you had quite a fan club in our photo thread here at Jref too!! I also remember your saying once that there was a girl in your class who kept staring at you but you weren't sure why. And all I could think was, Of course she's staring at you. She's attracted to you! :D

BTW, great story about the Valentine's Day attraction--and also that she later wanted your address! 👍

oh ya,the fan club,haha
the girl who stared at me,she actually became my girlfriend although our relationship last very short time

I was suprised when I saw this girl actually asked my friend to bring her tofront of my house and write down my address....she probably got infos of me like what are my hobbies and stuff from my friend......

TwistedMac said:
must say i'm sorta wondering why you're not with this girl o_O

I was not paying attention to this stuff at the time, and I didn't know what to do,
and I knew nothing about her, all I knew that shes a beautiful blonde...
and there was another girl in my heart

Saw similar articles

I saw similar articles and comments on Japan Today Forum long time ago.

I think it is true that Asian men feel scared about non Asian women when it comes to having a relationship. Especially when it comes to Japanese men who can't really even speak English, they suffer from language barriers, too. And that's why they prevent showing themselves.

However, the percentages of non Asian women getting married with Asian men, for example, Japanese are growing up. Some magazines have featured about western women getting married to Japanese guys. And in Japan, Being A Broad provides parties where foreign women can meet up with Japanese guys for friendship or romance.

I also personally think that recently more foreign women are getting interested in Asian guys. I've been on some social networking services and women, especially I get more messages from women in the states. But also, from other areas like Russia, Poland, etc...

Well the problem of Japanese guys is that they should be able to speak at least, English to have satisfactory conversation and relationship with foreign women. And foreign women is preferred to learn, for example Japanese if you are looking to date with J-Guys.

2 cents... :genji:

Sorry to add a lil reality here...

I really don't mean to burst anyone's bubble here, but I feel I have to say this. Let's not forget that as of now, Japan is one of the most (if not, THE most) racist countries in the world. They hate Chinese, Koreans, all Westerners, and even their own! Those in Tokyo often regard Okinawans or Osakans as if they were from another country. This is the only country where just because you're born there doesn't mean you're a citizen. Most gaijin are treated very poorly unless they are someone's guest or of business interest. Now I dont mean to patronize or blanket this to all Japanese, but it is a major social factor. I'd say more, but this chat is way to upbeat to totally mess up.
Then again, I found this information long before I heard anything like this article. Interesting to think about, especially when there's a rumor in Japan that gaijin make great lovers. There's still hope.

There's a reason most J-men think they don't stand a chance with Western women. All of the gaijin females I met while I was in Japan were completely uninterested in J-men.

ouch thats sort of nasty. Really love shouldn't be based on race, it should just be whoever comes along

Brooker said:
There's a reason most J-men think they don't stand a chance with Western women. All of the gaijin females I met while I was in Japan were completely uninterested in J-men.

That's slowly changing though. In a group I belong too with over 500 members - foreign women married to Japanese living in Japan- most of them were already living in Japan when they met their husbands. JETs etc. 👍

oh that's too sad...

Oh that is sad... :(

But I heard, foreign women staying in Japan for some short terms would never likely to be interested in J-men, but for the ones with long term stay, they have more possibilities that they get interested in J-men.

However, I agree with jieishi's opinion. 🙂

Ok so ..

The article only mentions western women. What about me ??!! How do you think a Japanese guy would look at a palestinian girl..??

Or in another way , how would they look at foreign girls from not very 'superior' countires like America or europe?? Just wonderin..

cuz it says...

Suki-Yaki said:
The article only mentions western women. What about me ??!! How do you think a Japanese guy would look at a palestinian girl..??
Cuz the title says, "What's (western) woman to do?" 😊

I don't know about Palestinian women, never really seen them in Japan or either in media. However, I like middle eastern women. One of my Turkish friends (now back in Turkey) was really beautiful and attracting.

oh yeah ...

You already suppose we are ugly , which makes you to point at how pretty your turkish friend was ??

I don't want them to only see my prettiness , afterall there's not much to that .. :eek:

What I meant was the overall feeling about girls like me , as we are speaking exclusively about races here , regardless of beauty or whats not..

tehehe kinda weird conversation but well...nowadays 99% of the people only look at the outside and ignore the inside...

I should go to Japan and pick up girls then. 🙏 I could also show off with my "sexy" (that's questionable") swedish accent. 👍

"Asian males stereotypes, although some stereotypes are true to some Asian males in some degree
but these stereotypes really hurts the self-confidence of the Asian males:

shorter than Western men: its quite true generally, its genetic (I'm 6'2")

not as handsome as Western men : depends on your definition of the word handsome

unathletic : Asian guys should go to the gym (I neeeeeed to go sometime.)

all Asian males are into martial arts: (working on this one- studying Karate for 2 years)
this is not true, for example, I am not.
in Hollywood action movies, there are two types of Asian guys,
1 Martial art masters, 2. guys that could be easily beat by any average females

unromantic : some Asian guys are not accustomed of saying 'I love you' and other sweet words, and do the stuffs that Western guys do,like kissing, they just need to learn to express themselves"
-Dream Time

I need to ask my wife about these since she married me. I think she really likes Asian and half asian guys.

Hey that might be my ticket then. Being 6'7 should wow them Asian girls. But for some reason they always look at me when I'm walking especially the really short Asian girls. They look at me like I"m a monster or a prison con or one of those guys that gots a nickname like "ROUGHRIDER" or "TANK"

But I would love a Asian girlfriend. Short girls are just so cute plus those accents are so cute. But hell The sound of my voice isn't set so that's a downer. It sounds like a accent even though I'm born in the US.

El Fisto Grande said:
It sounds like a accent even though I'm born in the US.
i'm sorry? are you saying american people don't have accents???? Well that's the strangest thing i've read all week.

okaeri_man said:
i'm sorry? are you saying american people don't have accents???? Well that's the strangest thing i've read all week.

Technically I'd say North American talk is not an accent. Why you ask is American any more normal than British or Aussie? It's simple, I pronounce the words the way they are written and told to be pronounced in the dictionary. British people find Americans to have accents, but really it is not an accent, because I am saying the word the way it is written. British on the other hand are not technically saying some words right.. Like they say 'Alf instead of Half.. Or Loife instead of Life.. Heh. That's why it would seem to me that the way I speak isn't techincally an accent since I am saying the words the way they were originally intended to be pronounced.

Unless you're from the south :eek:

And on the subject of Western Women, I have heard from so many people that it is because J-Men tend to be shy, so I am guessing this is true. While it is probably true that J-Girls like Western males more than Western girls like J-Men in general, but that doesn't mean it isn't still very possible, and it is changing I would say.

King of Tokyo writes: "Technically I'd say North American talk is not an accent... That's why it would seem to me that the way I speak isn't techincally an accent since I am saying the words the way they were originally intended to be pronounced."

I laugh my California laugh. (Exactly the way it was "originally" intended to be laughed.)

King of Tokyo wrote...
Technically I'd say North American talk is not an accent. Why you ask is American any more normal than British or Aussie? It's simple, I pronounce the words the way they are written and told to be pronounced in the dictionary. British people find Americans to have accents, but really it is not an accent, because I am saying the word the way it is written. British on the other hand are not technically saying some words right.. Like they say 'Alf instead of Half.. Or Loife instead of Life.. Heh. That's why it would seem to me that the way I speak isn't techincally an accent since I am saying the words the way they were originally intended to be pronounced.

:D :D :D

Nice try, buddy. I've had this argument with many non-North Americans and most British people would kill you for making statements like that. As for the British, it's their language. We just use it. We pronounce words just as strangely as they do, it's just that we don't notice it because we're used to it.

One of the people I knew while in Japan, was a gal from "da hood" of Detroit who insisted that she didn't have an accent. Hell, she had an accent even compared to me. Aussies and Brits would laugh their asses off when she would say "I ain't got no axe-ent" and yet they could barely understand her.

It is true that everyone has an accent. Those who say they don't are just seeing things only from their own perspective.

I'm really attracted to Japanese/asian guys. I live in Milano at the moment so I hear Italian all the time. I guess i got used to it cause i don't find it so amazing now, but I can understand how you feel. I prefer Japanese at the end of the day.:)

bonita said:
I'm really attracted to Japanese/asian guys. I live in Milano at the moment so I hear Italian all the time. I guess i got used to it cause i don't find it so amazing now, but I can understand how you feel. I prefer Japanese at the end of the day.:)

Wow milano, cool city. Italy is awesome. Hmm, why Japanese/asian guys? What's so special about them ?

Back
Top Bottom