What's new

What's a (Western) woman to do?

Hachiko

後輩
17 Jan 2004
Here's an article for you ladies wishing to find somebody in Japan... :) 😌

Many Western women in Japan complain that, despite plentiful romance in their home countries, they now face a dating desert.
But Yuki, an assistant manager at a popular club in Shibuya, says the reason most Japanese men appear uninterested in Western women is because they assume they will be rejected. They believe Western women only want to date Western men.

"Probably 100 percent of Japanese men think that American and European men's looks are better than ours," he says.

If you want to be more popular with Japanese men, you will have to assert yourself.

Japan Times

I would agree. Some of them think of Western women as something unattainable/ way out of their league. Really. Despite what some of you guys think.

Also, Japanese men do not have the best reputation in the world. That also stands in the way.

many Asian men think they would be rejected by Western women

about 2 weeks ago I was talking about this with a Chinese guy in Vancouver,
he said 'stop dreaming, white girls won't fall for Asian guys. Asian girls are you best bet'

so THAT's why all the cute asian girls are always taken by some asian guy?.. daym..

LET'S EDUCATE THE MASSES, PEOPLE!!

*stomps out*

TwistedMac said:
so THAT's why all the cute asian girls are always taken by some asian guy?.. daym..

LET'S EDUCATE THE MASSES, PEOPLE!!

*stomps out*

Asian guys also believes that Asian girls would choose Western guys over Asian guys,
this is true to some degree as I saw some Asian girls said they want a Western boyfriend because they are taller,better built and handsome,

some Asian girls would brag about having a Western boyfriend and put down the Asian guys

Asian males stereotypes, although some stereotypes are true to some Asian males in some degree
but these stereotypes really hurts the self-confidence of the Asian males:

shorter than Western men: its quite true generally, its genetic

not as handsome as Western men : depends on your definition of the word handsome

unathletic : Asian guys should go to the gym

all Asian males are into martial arts:
this is not true, for example, I am not.
in Hollywood action movies, there are two types of Asian guys,
1 Martial art masters, 2. guys that could be easily beat by any average females

unromantic : some Asian guys are not accustomed of saying 'I love you' and other sweet words, and do the stuffs that Western guys do,like kissing, they just need to learn to express themselves

Dream Time said:
some Asian girls would brag about having a Western boyfriend and put down the Asian guys
Makes me wonder if my girl does this... lol

She mentioned that if I hung out with her and her friends they'd probably all ask me out; eventhough she's there with me. Is it because I'm western or I'm just that cool? :p

Japanese girls are funny, cute, sexy, beautiful, energetic, ambitious, head-strong... the list just keeps going and going and going...

Dream Time said:
not as handsome as Western men : depends on your definition of the word handsome

unathletic : Asian guys should go to the gym

all Asian males are into martial arts:
this is not true, for example, I am not.
in Hollywood action movies, there are two types of Asian guys,
1 Martial art masters, 2. guys that could be easily beat by any average females

unromantic : some Asian guys are not accustomed of saying 'I love you' and other sweet words, and do the stuffs that Western guys do,like kissing, they just need to learn to express themselves

This is news to me...I heard many stereotypes before, but these are the strangest ones. Except, for the martial arts one I've heard that one so many times. In my case it's true my dad put all my brothers in Kung Fu...lol.

I really don't think its a problem in North America, considering what i've seen and experienced. Maybe in Japan it is, but it's sounds like the article is baised. I would have to read the whole article first to make a full conclusion. Lately, I've been noticing the trend of interracial relationships(i'm including all races here).
In Ontario, Canada there are tons of asian guys going out with white girls, my friends included and vice versa. The strange thing is some asian girls end up getting jealous when they see an asian guy with a white girl...I don't see what the problem is though. Also, being an asian girl myself I'm not really into perferring one race over another.
My opinion is, I think asian guys are really good looking, but I also think white guys, european guys, South American guys, etc. are all really good looking too. I must admit though i have this odd thing for european guys...

Good Bless Europe. 😌 :p

Perhaps it's that sauve intellectual charm that only European guys have and employ to seduce innocent women. 😊 :p

I've actually had a few students tell me straight out that western women are too strong for them.

Although one of the guys is an exceedingly grotesque slug of a salaryman who also thinks Japanese women are too strong these days and should become much more passive and submissive to their men.

Also have another student (nickname is C**Tface, but he chose it for himself, odd man) who goes for western women only and really has no difficulties at all.

Well I just got a phone number from a girl at a park I was at earlier because I was swinging my little brother by his ankles. What's up with that? ☝

Thor said:
Well I just got a phone number from a girl at a park I was at earlier because I was swinging my little brother by his ankles. What's up with that? ☝

It's the whole seeing guys spending time with their little bros/sis. When girls see that guys are family oriented and caring, etc. girls can't resist. :) Unless, you were purposely trying to tortue you brother, then I really don't know???

Dream Time said:
many Asian men think they would be rejected by Western women

about 2 weeks ago I was talking about this with a Chinese guy in Vancouver,
he said 'stop dreaming, white girls won't fall for Asian guys. Asian girls are you best bet'

Boy, that would be news to all the women who swoon over Bruce Lee and John Lone, as well as other Asian men. So my advice would be: Don't listen to your friend!

It all has to do with attraction, and there are all kinds of reasons people are attracted to one another. There's a whole world of people out there to fall in love with, so why should anyone limit themselves by specifying one certain type?

Duo said:
Good Bless Europe. 😌 :p

Perhaps it's that sauve intellectual charm that only European guys have and employ to seduce innocent women. 😊 :p

Could also be their sexy accents!! 😊

Satori said:
Boy, that would be news to all the women who swoon over Bruce Lee and John Lone, as well as other Asian men. So my advice would be: Don't listen to your friend!

It all has to do with attraction, and there are all kinds of reasons people are attracted to one another. There's a whole world of people out there to fall in love with, so why should anyone limit themselves by specifying one certain type?

I disagreed with him , I actually debated with him on that!!
:D

'white girls won't fall for asian guys'
that isn't true... atleast I know about it personally..
there were a few white girls that had feelings for me

there was one,i was grade 7 and I just got transferred from the ESL class to a regular class, it was like the second day since I have joined the class, a white girl's guy friend told me she had feelings for me, she was all shy when the guy told me this infront of her, shes a beautiful blonde girl,
before the Valentines Day, our teacher did something like we all wrote our names on the papers and put in a box and,and we all picked those papers,whoever's names on it,we got to switch gifts with the other person,

I saw her switched with the girl that got the paper with my name on it

so on the V day, she gave me chocolate,candy cane,a plastic basketball and football...maybe she saw me playing and practicing basketball like everyday,the basketball she gave me...well..she probably did not do enough research about me, it was a Bulls basketball and I hate the Bulls...but..its okay since it was a gift from her

one morning/afternoon I was my room [can't remember exactly] and I heard two people talking outside..I looked out from the window it was my friend and the girl, my friend pointed to my door and the girl wrote down the address on her book....

Dream Time said:
I disagreed with him , I actually debated with him on that!!
:D

'white girls won't fall for asian guys'
that isn't true... atleast I know about it personally..
there were a few white girls that had feelings for me

there was one,i was grade 7 and I just got transferred from the ESL class to a regular class, it was like the second day since I have joined the class, a white girl's guy friend told me she had feelings for me, she was all shy when the guy told me this infront of her, shes a beautiful blonde girl,
before the Valentines Day, our teacher did something like we all wrote our names on the papers and put in a box and,and we all picked those papers,whoever's names on it,we got to switch gifts with the other person,

I saw her switched with the girl that got the paper with my name on it

so on the V day, she gave me chocolate,candy cane,a plastic basketball and football...maybe she saw me playing and practicing basketball like everyday,the basketball she gave me...well..she probably did not do enough research about me, it was a Bulls basketball and I hate the Bulls...but..its okay since it was a gift from her

one morning/afternoon I was my room [can't remember exactly] and I heard two people talking outside..I looked out from the window it was my friend and the girl, my friend pointed to my door and the girl wrote down the address on her book....

I'm glad you argued with him, because he was definitely wrong! 👍

I seem to recall that you had quite a fan club in our photo thread here at Jref too!! I also remember your saying once that there was a girl in your class who kept staring at you but you weren't sure why. And all I could think was, Of course she's staring at you. She's attracted to you! :D

BTW, great story about the Valentine's Day attraction--and also that she later wanted your address! 👍

Satori said:
Could also be their sexy accents!! 😊

If that's the case i can fake a great french and Italian accent.

Ah oui mon cherie, vous etes ma etoile..... 😌

Cara mia, ho visto le stelle nei tuoi occhi..... 😌

:p 😊

Duo said:
If that's the case i can fake a great french and Italian accent.

Ah oui mon cherie, vous etes ma etoile.....

Cara mia, ho visto le stelle nei tuoi occhi.....

:p :p 😊 👍

OMG, French and Italian are my favorites!!! I get absolutely weak in the knees over those accents!!! Kirei does too, if memory serves me correctly. We talked about it in the photo thread. God, those accents make me melt on the spot!!! Actually, any European accent, but especially French and Italian!! 😊

I have heard this from many American girls/women. Nex time i'll be sure to start faking my accent, starting with the immigration officer. :p

Back
Top Bottom