What's new

What Is Your Occupation Now?

Originally posted by ghettocities
Time Traveler and part-time Lover.

Josh

Where can you get a degree for those? I'd happy to get one ;)

But seriously, I'm also a student, in polytechnic school, stuying clothing&fashion.I'm also in a part-time work.

Bio major at college and I work in the zoo and yes I clean animal feces and enjoy doing it getting paid minimum wage while getting attacked or spit at sometimes and no i do not work with monkeys lions or elephants

What a great job, Neptunemoon! I love animals--all animals. When I used to take horseback riding lessons, we always had to scoop up after the horses, and none of us ever minded it. It's amazing how I have no problem scooping up horse feces and cleaning the floors of the cross-ties, but get me to clean a toilet bowl at home--forget it!! Animals are the best!! :)

:D! That was great Frank! I'm a starving artist. And a high school student.

oh, and I'm THE Hug Monkey. ^_^ *hugs all*

I'm a full time University Student @ Trinity in Dublin.
and I'm a part time sales associate at The French Connection clothing store...common girlies and guys- come buy some cool FCUK clothes- I get commision. ;)

@ Den4
Sorry to hear about the UE thingy. I am doing data entry to pay the bills.

I am a computer programmer by trade. Currently I am at Visteon...right now actually...lol They pay me for this...lol

I design web sites, Databases, and hard core programming. I know 12 different languages.

I'm a Graphic Designer at work ..and occasionally doing some freelance work out to my friends company and general artwork for myself and buddies.. ..

Porl''

Hmmmmmmmmmmm me....
College student
Paid intern-for the county of the state i live in
and sales associate at [whisper quickly]wal-mart....[/end quick whisper]
👍

@Satori I want to take horse riding lessons actually there is a place close to my college and I'm thinking of volunteering there or at the nearby animal hospital.
@frank I guess there isnt much difference just that animals dont talk back to me lol

@satori I want to take horse riding lessons actually there is a place close to my college and I'm thinking of volunteering there or at the nearby animal hospital.

Oh, you would absolutely LOVE it!! It's so much fun! Plus, you live in New York, which is definite horse-country--especially for English riding. I was taking English riding lessons, but eventually crashed and burned financially (which is better than crashing and burning physically!!), so I had to stop for a while. But I certainly plan to get back into the sport as soon as I can. I just love it, and I miss being around the horses so much!! I loved grooming them and everything about them. Even though my lesson would only take about a half hour (plus the half hour beforehand to get the horse, groom it, get it tacked up and ready; and then the half hour afterwards that it took to groom it again and even bathe it in the summertime), I would oftentimes spend the entire day out at the stables. It was so much fun!! I was only up to jumping 2-foot jumps when I left, but I have to say, there is nothing like going over jumps on a horse. They are such incredible athletes!! Here is a photo of me on a horse called "Hampton" (show name: "Better Yet"). He's a Dutch Warmblood and just a gorgeous horse, if you ask me. Unfortunately, his owner sent for him and flew him to Paris to be with her (we should all be so lucky!!).

Nice, Satori! I used to have horses. Growing up on a farm, it was pretty much a given. My grandfather used to put me on a horse with him and take me all over his farm. I loved to ride both English and Western, but English is my favorite. I got my first horse, a Shetland pony, when I was 4. I then had a couple of quarter horses, a Saddlebred, and then an Arabian. The quarter horses are my favorites--always nice, calm, and reliable. I know they're not thought of as being the "high-end" type, but I'll take one anytime.

Now, I no longer have any horses... :( My grandfather retired from farming--finally--and he sold most everything, horses included. I really didn't have time for them, anyway. That was back when I was busy dealing with a lot of other things, and just didn't have the time to spend with them. It is something I dearly miss...

Oh, you are sooo lucky!! When I was a kid, my family owned a horse and two ponies. We bought a house and the horse came with the property. What a deal! He was half quarter horse and half saddle, which I'm told is an unusual combination. But I think you're right about quarter horses--they are so nice! Some people say Arabians are neurotic, but I have always found them to be very nice horses--and so comfortable to sit on!! Their canter is so smooth!! (Dutch Warmbloods are like that too.) Arabians are the perfect horses for endurance rides too. I used to work with a lawyer who used to run/ride the Tevis Cup every year (100-mile run). The horse runs 100 miles and the rider runs 50 of that! Actually, the horse runs the 50 miles that happens to go over mountainous terrain, so the riders can use their horses to help them up the mountain! The run starts at Squaw Valley and ends up at Auburn, California, and the trail is part of the old Pony Express. It's really something. Anyway, I do miss being around horses!! You live right in horse country--plus, you have acreage for a horse, don't you? Of course, owning a horse is sooo expensive, it's ridiculous! But they are wonderful to be around. Do you have any pictures of when you used to ride?? (Hint, hint!!)

Do Horses Masturbate?

Neptunemoon:

Before you apply for a job at your local stables, you might want to read this discussion at the Chronicle of the Horse Forum:

Chronicle Forums

I'm still laughing from reading it!! It's hilarious!! :D

Satori

I had no idea horses did that!! :D And it was so funny reading how everyone was trying so hard to keep the discussion "PG" while talking about it!!

I窶冦 a full time giro technician (Interpretation - I窶冦 unemployed).
I窶冦 currently looking to go into business for myself doing design and layout work.

Wonder if the neighbors would notice ????

If I rubbed my tree behind the garage, I wouldn't have to hog the bathroom !!

Frank

:p

interesting facts about horses, to say the least....

well, for occupation, i'm a college student getting my associates in webpage developement and bachelors in computer sceince. (the web degree only required 3 extra classes, so why not?)

i also work at the customer service booth in Dillons grocery store (a branch of Kroger).... it's not the best job in the world, but i guess it's ok for a 'college job'.

I'm a college student hoping to teach English in Japan and I work for the college library. Also I go home and help my family on the farm.

Back
Top Bottom