What's new

What is your religion?

What is your religion

• Total voters
red flower said:
The surprise is the book of the Bible there is indication of the existence of the name of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him
But if you look at the translation of the word from Hebrew into English as bible is originally written in Hebrew, they did not translate the word that shows the name of the Prophet Muhammad they simply put another word.

You mean this video :

Last edited by a moderator:
"The surprise is the book of the Bible there is indication of the existence of the name of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him"

But the Bible was all written long before Muhammad was born.

Erm..no. Mohammad plagurised jewish and christian teachings when preaching.
You could say that about someone quoting Lord of the Rings. "The Lord of the Rings" tells us what Bob is saying. Ever thought that is because Bob has either read The Lord of the Rings or heard about it?

I don't usually watch video links; takes too long. I'm more likely to read text links.

But, as I recall, somewhere in one of the last books of the New Testament (Bible) it says that this is ALL of God's word, and anyone who purports to add to it is an infidel, heretic, and SOB.

O ! did you watch the video Mycernius ?
fail-1.jpg

Drawing some mighty dubious conclusion there. It is amazing how various people will try and force fit their scripture into past texts and people automatically believe. The entire basis of christianity is based on forced scripture to try and make OT texts appear to talk about Jesus. Unfortunately they pick and choose, just like that video is doing. The ironic thing is that jews, christians and muslims will often accuse atheists of taking scripture out of context when showing what a bastard god really is, and yet will do exactly the same thing when trying to show that their findings are real. It is called cognitive dissonance.
I would also like to point otu, as I oftenhave, is that scripture of any erligion is not evidence.
BTW I also liked the circular reasoning at the beginning. Logical fail to begin with. Pretty much sets up the rest of the video.

hi again

This video is very convenient there is no doubt about it

but here i am not persuading any one to convert into Islam, if i want that, there are alot of evidences i can write and put as video or audio in my books and your book , but here i'm talking about how each other must become rational when they get to know the truth and people from other religion

It's good not to make fun of others, even for things contrary to our ideas

If you want to know where is the truth you will not find it until you believe that the truth may reside in places you may not like

Sometimes the truth lies on the opposite side of the street

If you think so, surely you will find it

In christian myth Limbo is reserved for those who haven't been baptised or people who were born before Jesus's birth or those who who have never heard of christianity. Here you will find unbaptised babies, people and heathens. Everyone born before the time of Jesus went into limbo, including all the OT prophets.

Hey rooms, i just passing by to this forum when i want to look after something (honestly, i try to know about japanese culture) but i found my religion being discuss, so i hope u all dont mind if i come up and join in into this discussion.

Mycernius, first u must know form of Limbo, all hell fire, all what-ever it is, its not a christian form of mythology. Its even in Judaism, if u consider Judaism is different with christian, which they have Moses as their Messenger or Prophet, while christian come-up only after. U even cant state it as Abrahamic Mythology, because its also appear on Hindu, they also appear on many other culture with different name but there some similarity

And in Islam Purgatory is not a concept that mix up with Limbo. And we even dont have any concept of purgatory (as sometimes peoples mix up democracy with syura concept, while those two issue are really entirely different matters) we do recognize the torment after death, when we dead we dont believe such thing as the matter is just vanish "puff!" like that and our consciousness walk in into nonexistence, we believe death is only a door or a cannal that lead us to other form of life, and this life is the life in the kubr, or in grave

And its not always appear as a torment, but it really depend on what deed in this world (dunya). Indeed, learning about something is a remarkable attitude, and yes, its indeed illogical, if some-one hate something that he not yet known for better, or love something that they dont have a knowledge about it. So lets studying each other with manners and respect, im not the best comparing to all my brother in Islam, and i do not have all the answer but hey lets give it a shot and discuss about it. But im not answering hate question, i only answering those who really want to know

For all my brother and sister in Islam, assalamualaykum warrahmatullah wabarakatuh.

Last edited:
Erm..no. Mohammad plagurised jewish and christian teachings when preaching.
You could say that about someone quoting Lord of the Rings. "The Lord of the Rings" tells us what Bob is saying. Ever thought that is because Bob has either read The Lord of the Rings or heard about it?
In that terms u will said that a christian is a plagiarist form of Judaism, eh?

If you speak in such manner, or u still seeing things on that angle, sorry to tell this but you fail to understand the continuity (not discontinue) of Allah swt. Message. We muslim do believe, because its mention in the hadits, that there are thousand of prophet, and hundreds of messenger, each region or nation have their own messenger. So its not a surprising fact for me when i go out buyying Lao Tze books wich is call Dao De Ching or Tao The Ching, the term of those 3 name are 3 from the 99 asmaul husna, or the name of Allah. Have u read it? what does Lao Tze said according to Dao? why he name Him Tao?

He said something like this (i dont have that book with me, so yeah i just type the general thing that i still remember)
"Tao is great, His appearance are exist in every form and existence, so i call Him Tao, The Most Greatest"

Its one of 99 the name of Allah, which is mean, Al Akbar or The Most Greatest. And so on De and Ching are refers to The Most Existence and The Most Knowledgeable which is Al Dzhohir and Al Roysid.

And its not suprising me either when the Hindu priest found a prophecy of Rasululloh Muhammad saw. in Uphanisad and revert to Islam later after that discovery. Its not a form of plagiarism, that happend because indeed we human have only One God, that is all come out from one source in the different form, and Islam is nothing but the perfection and finalization from all of it. Like the river, that being start from many direction but end up in the exactly same waterfall, that is my analogy.

So the concept exactly have a fundamental similarity, a concept of One God, which is Tauhid or should we call it monotheism. A concept of reward and punishment, that appear as hell fire and heaven, its appear in all culture, with different words and unrelated etymology, they call it Jannah, some call it heaven, other eden, other nirvana, other swargaloka. Why? because its all come from one source, the creator of Man.

Indeed for the atheist, who believe this world come out from nowhere, or it just appear just like that, not believing the prime cause who have no-cause, and the creature that have intelligence, consciousness, morale value, culture, are appear because a random accident that happens in the universe long long time ago, without any Super Consciousness existence behind it, u cant see the most simple evidence in the existence of God.

If u do believe there is a creator of all this existence, that we are not a product of a random, unplanned, chaotic incidence, which is have no chances to happens and for me its nothing but a fairy tale that being told by man like Stephen Hawking. U believe that all of this are come from One God, and it wont take a hard effort to understand why Islam come out as a perfection that appear to fix previous religion and scripture that being corrupt by the hand of human.

I mean no offense, there are no compulsion in religion, lakum di nukum waliyadin. For me is my Way (religion) and your way is yours. And God is The Most Powerful, indeed, he take no benefit if u believe in Him or not, all of it only for your own good. And your own good, is out of my reach and capacity.

Last edited:
Mycernius, first u must know form of Limbo, all hell fire, all what-ever it is, its not a christian form of mythology.
But I was talking about the version used in christian mythology, not islamic of judaic mythology. You should also know there is no hellfire in christian limbo. It sits outside Hell itself. the fire and various other bits are within the gatesmof Hell. Read Dantes inferno.

In that terms u will said that a christian is a plagiarist form of Judaism, eh
It is. Christianity took the Jewish lore and twisted it to make it sit with the NT.

If you speak in such manner, or u still seeing things on that angle, sorry to tell this but you fail to understand the continuity (not discontinue) of Allah swt. Message.
Made up shite is still made up shite. News for you Sparky, until you can prove the existance of any god, let alone allah, it don't exist. Badly written pieces of the scribblings of desert goatherders does not imptress me much, especially when they have a tendancy to contradict each other.

We muslim do believe, because its mention in the hadits, that there are thousand of prophet, and hundreds of messenger, each region or nation have their own messenger.
Really? I recall the quran saying only christians and jews have had the word of god given to them. I cannot recall any of it mentioning hindus, shinto, buddhists, jains, etc. Slipp allahs mind did it? Isn't thw quran supposed to be directly from an omnipotent being? Well it failed the omnipotent part.

Its one of 99 the name of Allah, which is mean, Al Akbar or The Most Greatest. And so on De and Ching are refers to The Most Existence and The Most Knowledgeable which is Al Dzhohir and Al Roysid.
Oh really? Taosim doesn't have a godhead. can't have a name for a god in a religion that doesn't have one
From the Creed of the Reform Taoist Congregation
"We believe in the formless and eternal Tao, and we recognize all personified deities as being mere human constructs."
Rather blows your claim out of the water. Next desperate claim that allah is the only sky fairy.

And its not suprising me either when the Hindu priest found a prophecy of Rasululloh Muhammad saw. in Uphanisad and revert to Islam later after that discovery.
And here it is. A hindu converted to islam because of what he read. not really impressed by that. I'll give you a list of muslims converting to hinduism
List of converts to Hinduism - Wikipedia
Your argument is desperate and proves nothing.

So the concept exactly have a fundamental similarity, a concept of One God,
Except there have been many religions that have more than one god.

Why? because its all come from one source, the creator of Man.
Baseless assertion.

Indeed for the atheist, who believe this world come out from nowhere,
1. Atheism is merely the non-belief in the existance of god or gods. What we think beyonfd that is not atheism. It is reality based on observations and evidence.
2. At no point does any scientist or atheist claim the earth came from nothing. The only people that claim something came from nothing are theists. I also happen to know a bit about planetary formation and know it was magically poofed out of nothing by an imaginary sky fairy.

not believing the prime cause who have no-cause, and the creature that have intelligence, consciousness, morale value, culture, are appear because a random accident that happens in the universe long long time ago, without any Super Consciousness existence behind it, u cant see the most simple evidence in the existence of God.
Special pleading. Can't see any evidence for any god let alone yours. Until you give conclusive evidence of any god I will continue with my atheism. You should give up on the quran and do some research on planetary and star formation, abiogenesis and evolution., because the above statemnt shows you know nothing about the history of the planet and life on it.

why Islam come out as a perfection that appear to fix previous religion and scripture that being corrupt by the hand of human.
Well it looks like allah failed with islam because out of it came Ba'hai. Ever thought they allah decided that islam became corrupted like christianity and judaism and tried once more?

I mean no offense, there are no compulsion in religion
Bollocks. Tell that to the fundie evangelicals of the US and the fundie Imans in the middle east. What about death for apostasy in islam? If there is no compulsion why call for death of those that erject islam and join another faith, or even worse, reject them? no compulsion in religion. They are full of it.:eek:

Well it looks like allah failed with islam because out of it came Ba'hai. Ever thought they allah decided that islam became corrupted like christianity and judaism and tried once more?
I believe people can read about Islam and Bahai,Don't forget that Bahais have been supported by Israel and Jews,And also UK,USA.

When will an age come when the only poll on the matter will be 'What isn't your religion?' with an exhaustive list and circles, rather than boxes to check?

"Until you give conclusive evidence of any god I will continue with my atheism."

Forget conclusive; I'd settle for any probative evidence at all.

Most religions, I think, come from the human tendency to look for explanations for the unexplainable. Ancient humans looked at lightning during a storm, and decided that a god is angry, throwing his heavenly spears at the earth. So they decided to make ceremonies and sacrifices to placate their angry god.

In fact, they had no evidence to support their explanation. It was mere supposition or speculation. They could not find any real evidence for the cause of a storm, so they just made one up.

It is. Christianity took the Jewish lore and twisted it to make it sit with the NT.
Made up shite is still made up shite. News for you Sparky, until you can prove the existance of any god, let alone allah, it don't exist. Badly written pieces of the scribblings of desert goatherders does not imptress me much, especially when they have a tendancy to contradict each other.

I can see that you are pretty objective on this, especially with that goatherders, as Isa as or Jesus himself come as sherperd, but hey i do agree with one of your point, i dont want to waste my time and ache my finger about all things if u really dont believe in any God. Its like feeding a corpse or talking to the wall.

If you agree, i will follow your suggestion, first talk about the existence of God, other come later. If u with rolland not agreeing with this, then im not interest on debating, but im go for discussion.
And i saw many weakness in your answer and argument, like im talking about the Uphanisad that have a prophecy of Muhammad saw inside it, not the "converting hindus", its not the base idea but it the results of the idea, u seems weak in comphrehensioning my words.

But Spikey, before this discussion goes un-organize, im interest in your idea, that exactly what im think. If u on, im also on in it. Im not here to make u believe, i dont really care about it, im here standing for my religion, and do my obligation answering the question while i can and other can benefit.
Wait for your answer spikey.

i want to answer it, not for u especialy, but for the silent reader.

Really? I recall the quran saying only christians and jews have had the word of god given to them. I cannot recall any of it mentioning hindus, shinto, buddhists, jains, etc. Slipp allahs mind did it? Isn't thw quran supposed to be directly from an omnipotent being? Well it failed the omnipotent part.

It seems it is u the one who dont understand, i have an advice for u, if u dont have any idea about it, just ask.

Here the explanation the Quran that state,

Verily, We have sent thee with the truth, as a bearer of glad tidings and a warner: for there never was any community but a warner has [lived and] passed away in its midst. (35:24)

have u slip this part Spikey? or this part

Whoever is guided is guided for himself, and whoever is misguided is for his own loss. And no person shall carry the load of another, and We were not to punish until We send a messenger. (17:15)

One version of a hadith puts the number of prophets sent to mankind as 124,000 (Ibn Hanbal, Musnad, 5, 169)

Quran is not an almanac of the prophet, i just want u to remember in case u forgot, its not a biography, is not a history timeline, its a book of guidence (my auto corect grammar are off, so dear reader please excuse me for miss spelling) the prophet that mention and being told to us in the Quran, also event that being tell to us : human, are only things that we need or relevance to know so we can contemplating our situation and meditiate at the meaning. So we can take example, benefit, lesson to implemented in our daily problem in our life now.

Im not sayying that they are (Sidharta Gautama and Lao Tze) prophets, how can i? it just not to supprise me if the prophecy of Muhammad saw appear on their teaching. I will not sayying or claiming they are prophets, its beyond my capability, only Allah know.

Oh really? Taosim doesn't have a godhead. can't have a name for a god in a religion that doesn't have one
From the Creed of the Reform Taoist Congregation
"We believe in the formless and eternal Tao, and we recognize all personified deities as being mere human constructs."

I dont know what your definition about God, but the very common definition about God, or traits of God that everybody know, God is the first and The creator of all things. I cant really understand what u mean Tao that religion that doesnt have a God, i believe u mix Tao with Budha maybe? let me quote :

Tao produced Unity; Unity produced Duality; Duality produced Trinity; and Trinity produced all existing objects. These myriad objects leave darkness behind them and embrace the light, being harmonised by the breath of Vacancy.

Tao produces all things; its Virtue nourishes them; its Nature gives them form; its Force perfects them.

and this is one of the quotation that make me first thought that Tao mean great, it was long time ago when i read Tao The Cing, red book with only few pages. Tao mean "The Way" while "The Great" is come out from this one.

There is something, chaotic yet complete, which existed before Heaven and Earth. Oh, how still it is, and formless, standing alone without changing, reaching everywhere without suffering harm! It must be regarded as the Mother of the Universe. Its name I know not. To designate it, I call it Tao. Endeavouring to describe it, I call it Great.

And there are still lots of debate not only about Tao but also Lao Tze, who he really was? did he appear as the same time with confusius? some said they know each other, other said no, even the authencity of the book itself still being ask, is the idea of Tao are from Lao Tze or from man before it. But it leave a view trace about the teaching of creation.

1. Atheism is merely the non-belief in the existance of god or gods. What we think beyonfd that is not atheism. It is reality based on observations and evidence.
2. At no point does any scientist or atheist claim the earth came from nothing. The only people that claim something came from nothing are theists. I also happen to know a bit about planetary formation and know it was magically poofed out of nothing by an imaginary sky fairy.

Have u heard static theory of creation? things that being debate between Einstein and Stephen Hawking? that the worlds that just exist, without a start, without a cause, it just come out from nothing, sound like reckless answer that come out from the questionable "observation" and "evidence".

The other is Big Bang, it just appear like, this 0 volume masses then explode and being expand, while from that explosive, it create order, formation, man, woman, cat, turtle, everything. Call chaosmology, and indeed sound pretty chaos. While u see order in this world cant u see its a clear evidence that there are The One Who Order this order? can u as a being with mind, emotion, culture, sense, are a cause of mindless, random, destructive, explotion? and u claim that there are no consiusness behind the existence of your consiusness? U see everything have it function in this world? chain of food in nature, the earth even breath metana, carbodioxide (read Fritchof Capra) and there are possibility that the world itself not a death planet but a life being, and u think this stability come from random uncountable event? u think all of it incident?

Its like entering a room, when u see there are chair in that spot, carpet here, bed are being ready, and u think "it must be like this from the start, no one ever move it before"

is that what u think?

Ever thought they allah decided that islam became corrupted like christianity and judaism and tried once more?:

the answer is simple, no. There are tons of the prophecy of Muhammad saw in bible and torah, but yeah, no compulsion on religion.

Last edited:
i'm jewish.
nice to meet you all, it's great to meet new people with other religion.
peace to all of us!

Welcome to the forum!

And, as an atheist, I don't believe creation came from nothing. I just don't believe some magical sky being had anything to do with it, so absurd.

Ok, so I posted this in the other thread "What Religion do you belong to?"
@ RolandtheHeadless (Who posted on the first page lol) Well, as you can see in my post I dont really follow Shintoism but I do believe in many of its beliefs.
Also, I am very surprised at the amount of Hindu's, Buddhists, Taoists, Confucians and people who follow Shintoism. I thought there would be more.
Anyway, this is what I posted in the other thread:

"I went Paganism, because I am Pagan, but I am real mixed up person :p I follow Buddhism as well, and I consider myself as a student of Metaphysical. Everything that comes under Spiritual or Spiritualism. I practice many Buddhism traditions along with my others. For example prayers. Then, with the Paganism. I am more of the Pagan that practice's the Wicca Paganism. So what am I :D So that's what I mean by mixed up. But it's fun explaining what my religious beliefs are. Well, some people don't consider Metaphysicalism (Don't really know what to call it :p) a religion at all, including Paganism and Wicca. Some people say that its a type of Atheist as well. But we do have gods too thank you very much (to no one in particular lol). I also look into Hinduism and Shintoism. And Confucianism I also believe in, just that I don't consider as 'the' religion I believe in. And then there is also Shamanism. Not all of it I belive in, but a lot I do. Not to forget Native American beliefs. But with Shamanism I much prefer the Mongolian or Korean Shamanism, and Native American. If that is considered Shamanism. So really, now I have just confused myself as I just realized this is what I consider as my religion. And, oh great, not to forget that I made up my own religion! Ahhh! When am I going to stop and realise that I am strange! Which I much prefer rather than being a sheep and doing what everyone else is doing ^-^ Hmm, I think I might post something like this in Spiritual Forums lol! Man, what went wrong when I was born :D "

MWA-HA-HA ... it is quite funny to find agnosticizm listed as a religion within choices of that poll :D
To be short, agnosticizm is a extreme answer for a question of cognoscibility of that particular world, I would say one of many possible answers for that question. Any religion represents some ideal model of our world, and it proposes tools and methods for exploring and understanding that world. As a consiquence, any religion has some agnostic branch. We should remember here Bishop George Berkley, who was anglican christian and solipsist. BTW, agnosticizm is not a religion, it is above.

Last edited:
In order to have respect it must gain it. Abrahamic religions fall down on that, especially when you look through their scripture. When a religion condones repression and hate because of someones sex, sexual orientation and beliefs then it does not deserve respect. Judaism, christianity and islam all condone the repression of women, hatred of homosexuals and death to non-believers. That is scriptual. Islam doesn't even give you the choice of freedom to choose your beliefs. Apostatcy is punishable by death, and is law in various middle eastern countries such as Saudi Arabia and Yemen. Born a muslim in those counries then you will remain a muslim regardless of what you want to believe. Leave it and you die.

Islam doesn't even give you the choice of freedom to choose your beliefs. Apostatcy is punishable by death, and is law in various middle eastern countries such as Saudi Arabia and Yemen. Born a muslim in those counries then you will remain a muslim regardless of what you want to believe. Leave it and you die.
I just want to know ( very badly ) the reason why you hate Islam the most !
You know Islam is the most tolerant faith from the Abrahamic religions, So why you always focus on Islam ?
I really want the know why :D
Saudi Arabia is not the example of the Islamic nation, And Yemen !!! man !! who told you that If you changed your faith you will die ?
I think in 2 reasons :
- You are misguided.
- Your faith (cuz i dont believe ur only Atheist ).

Please don't forget to answer my first question :)

Back
Top Bottom