What's new

What is the best age to die?

I've never thought there is a 'wrong' time to die any more than a 'right' time. For example, when people say things like 'he/she died before their time', although I can understand where they're coming from I think it's a pretty dumb thing to say, because obviously they died at their time, that's why it was the time. I mean, my dad died young, not 'before his time' at all but at the time that was right for him. It happened, ok I didn't 'get over it' which is the next part of the sentence, but he wasn't 'taken from me' or something, people die when they die.

Me, I don't care when it is, but I'd like it to be quick, painless and sometime when I'm feeling good, thanks.

Hmm, from a negative utilitarian point of view the answer could be "before one is born".
Wow, I read that and thought "Depressing viewpoint", then thought, it makes some sence, with me being an atheist, and not believing in an afterlife.

It's a bit like thinking "What is the reasoning of the existance of the human race?"

ps: ohai, first post :)

What's the best time to die? Why try to attach a number to death? If you think that 80 is the optimal age, then live healthily to 90, is that disappointing to you?

The best time to die is when you're ready to die. For most people, that never happens.

Back
Top Bottom