What's new

Publicized age disparate relationships

Japanese singer/actress Rumiko Koyanagi born 1952 married Kenya Oosumi, a dancer and acter, born 1965, in 1989 when she was about 37 and he was about 24. He only became a famous as an actor/dancer after they married.

They divorced in 2000.
img_4

G20140920008963180_view.jpg
rumiko-koyanagi.jpg

Jack Benny and Mary Livingstone

(You'll love this next one)

Frank Buck and Amy Leslie

I was just reading about my favorite film score guy, Bernard Herrman. Has he been mentioned? Cape Fear, Taxi Driver, tons of Hitchcock movie scores. Wiki says:

By 1967 Herrmann worked almost exclusively in England. In November 1967, the 56-year-old composer married 27-year-old journalist Norma Shepherd, his third wife. In August 1971 the Herrmanns made London their permanent home.[11]:287, 308

Vin Diesel 47 and Paloma Jiménez, 31 approx. 16 years.

Bruce Willis 60 and Emma Heming 36 approx. 24 years.

George Clooney 53 and Amal Alamuddin 37 approx. 16 years.

Thank you Mark of Zorro. You are so kind. :)

So, I was wondering how much age difference are you looking for? In my experience, 5 years or less is commonly accepted in today's society.

Here is a recap of the previous posts in this thread. It is interesting to see them listed like this.

[26 years diff] Celine Dion (12) when she met Rene Angelil (38).
[34 years diff] Doug Hutchison (50) married Courtney Stodden (16)
[22 years diff] Mary Kay LeTourneau (33) is still married to Vili Fualaau (12).
[23 years diff] Aaron Taylor-Johnson (24) is married to Sam Taylor-Wood (47).
[14 years diff] Jennifer Mason (30) sex case with Student (16).
[17 years diff] Bridgett Szychulski (31) sex case with Student (14).
[23 years diff] Teodulfo Estrada (35) sex case with Boy (12).
[25 years diff] Illich Guardiola (41) marries Student (16).
[17 years diff] George Clooney (53) married Amal Alamuddin (36).
[33 years diff] Errol Flynn (48) began dating Beverly Aadland (15).
[24 years diff] Mika Mifune (16) married Joji Takahashi (40).
[34 years diff] Elizabeth Cooper (16) mistress of General Douglas MacArthur (50).
[9 years diff] Jerry Lee Lewis (22) married Myra Gale Brown (13).
[28 years diff] Jerry Lee Lewis (49) married Woman (21).
[8 years diff] Don Johnson (22) first met Melanie Griffith (14).
[10 years diff] Elvis Presley (24) began dating Priscilla Beaulieu (14).
[10 years diff] Groucho Marx (29) married Ruth Johnson (19).
[33 years diff] Groucho Marx (54) married Kay Marvis (21).
[39 years diff] Groucho Marx (63) married Eden Hartford (24).
[25 years diff] Humphrey Bogart (45) married Lauren Bacall (20).
[31 years diff] Jeff Goldblum (62) married Emilie Livingston (31).
[20 years diff] Marc Anthony (46) married Shannon de Lima (26).
[15 years diff] Geena Davis (45) married Reza Jarrahy (30).
[54 years diff] Charles Manson (80) and Afton Elaine Burton (26).
[15 years diff] Muhammad (25) married Khadijah bint Khuwaylid (40).
[42 years diff] JohnnyG in relationship (no details).
[38 years diff] JohnnyG in relationship (no details).
[20 years diff] Thomas Jefferson (46) with Sally Hemings (16).
[25 years diff] Nat King Cole (45) with Gunilla Hutton (20).
[26 years diff] George Jessel (41 or 42) married Lois Andrews (14 or 16).
[13 years diff] Rumiko Koyanagi (37) married Kenya Oosumi (24).
[25 years diff] Jimmy Ray Dean (61) met Donna Meade (36).
[29 years diff] Bernard Herrman (56) married Norma Shepherd (27).
[16 years diff] Vin Diesel (47) and Paloma Jiménez (31).
[24 years diff] Bruce Willis (60) and Emma Heming (36).
[43 years diff] Ousman Jatta (32) married wife Beryl (75).
[20 years diff] Nicolas Cage (51) married Alice Kim (19 or 20).

So, I was wondering how much age difference are you looking for?

The only thing I am looking for is tolerance and understanding.

This thread is part of my own personal campaign against hate, intolerance, judgmentalism and ageism. Taken individually, any of these cases could garner some seriously foul comments. But taken as a whole, people can begin to see that love and attraction is not a simple matter of age, and relationships that have no such borders are more common than the typical hating pinhead in society knows.

In my experience, 5 years or less is commonly accepted in today's society.

That is exactly my point. Who is society to make such judgments and come up with such numbers out of the clear blue sky? Society needs a slap in the face. At least I can provide a wake up call for some.

Demi Guynes (40) (born November 11, 1962)
Christopher Ashton Kutcher (25) (born February 7, 1978)

Demi Moore began dating actor Ashton Kutcher in 2003.
Married (September 24, 2005 - November 27, 2013)
[15 years age difference]

dmooreakutcher.jpg

Kevin Elliot Pollak (57) (born October 30, 1957)

It was very difficult to track this one down. First I thought that you were referring to his ex-wife Lucy Webb (born 1958). It was very difficult to figure out her date of birth but I finally found a People article in 1993 that said that she was 34 years old and I did the math.

I then found a site that said that Kevin was dating Jamie Lee Curtis (born 1958). So I looked her up and found that she was the same age as Kevin.

I was about to give up when I decided to look through some pictures of Kevin and noticed that the young woman on his arm was named Lucy Webb! That didn't make sense. I clicked on more pictures and finally came across the name Jaime Fox. Lucy Webb must have been a typo or something.

I searched Jaime Fox and found that she works with him on a show called Kevin Pollak's Chat Show.
  • Jaime Fox: Pollak's partner (not to be confused with Jamie Foxx, aka Eric Bishop). She runs the chatroom during the show, compiles the question roster, and provides occasional fangirl commentary. Inventor of the Larry King Game.

After much searching, I was still unable to find her age. She looks like she is in her mid to late 20's. Maybe someone else could shed some light on her. That makes their age difference around 25 - 30 years.

Pollak_Webb_JS0470.jpg
lucy-webb-kevin-pollak-comedy-central-roast-ygocdp-ea-1752863244.jpg

Thanks, I was unable to track it down myself.

Now I know who to blame for The Larry King Game....the unfunny running meme that made his podcast unlistenable.

Last edited:
Its usually me presenting such stories. Doing the presenting takes the sting out I think, cause when someone else does it, this (explicative) makes me want to cry. That poor girl. Those merciless pretend-do-gooder (explicatives)!

Mark of Zorro, I agree with your point here in this thread. People in general sees, hears and knows that age disparage is a small obstacle in a relationship, but we are told over and over by society that it is bad. Therefore, we learn to believe that a large age difference creates a disastrous relationship between the people involved.

We tend to believe this lie even though we know in our hearts that it is not true because we don't trust our inner voice. We trust society's external voices that surround us. We say to ourselves, "I am no expert in this field so I must rely on those in the expert fields to tell me what is right from wrong." So we talk ourselves into believing those falsehoods even though our gut tells us they are wrong.

Even people that have had direct consensual experience with much older partners while they were in their youth and enjoyed those experiences, find themselves second guessing their inner feelings. The Professionals of our society tell them that they didn't enjoy the experience especially if the person was below the age of consent which in some places is 21 years old!

Their propaganda makes us think to ourselves, "They have to be right. They are the experts! Maybe I'm wrong for enjoying that experience. Maybe my enjoyment was a fluke and no one else ever enjoyed those experiences. Maybe I am weird. Maybe I should keep my mouth shut and go along with everyone else so that I don't get ridiculed. Everyone else seems to know more about this subject than I do so I will just follow them."

Thus, the people of our society are misled into believing that age is a bigger factor than it really is. The fact is, we want to be wanted, we need to be needed and we have our own selfish desires. When someone comes along and fills some or most of those needs, wants and desires, then a relationship forms between the two people. That relationship can happen if the partners are the same age or vastly different ages, the opposite sex or the same sex. ALL people have needs, wants and desires no matter if they are young or old.

In my humble opinion, a century from now, society might get a clue and accept human nature rather than putting us into a little box and smacking our hand when we reach out of it wanting more. I just know that I will not live long enough to see that day. :(

Back
Top Bottom