What's new

Inter-racial Relationships

For some, different race can be an exciting thing too. Not necessarily on the level of a fetish. Though much for the change-of-pace aspect of it. It's like if all you date are short people, then someone tall starts flirting with you.

You make a good point, something that I often forget while on this forum. For a lot of people other races (specifically Asian since this is after all a Japan forum) hold a certain mystique. The appeal of the unknown. A lot of people (even in multicultural America) are only exposed to a limited amount of races and cultures and it's a pretty well known fact that people are usually attracted to 'rare' looks. If you live in a place with all blondes suddenly the brunette looks extremely exotic and attractive. If all you see is brown eyes then green eyes are going to make you look twice.

But I think a lot of people are attracted to the 'otherness' of it all. It's appealing and I think there's a certain amount of instinct as well in it (broadening the gene pool and all that). All I can say is that living in an extreeeemely diverse place it really takes the shine off of it. Like you said, it's the cultural barrier more than anything to do with skin or looks. I've personally found no matter what race you are, Chinese, Indian, Black, Caucasian, skin doesn't matter, culture does. It's just really hard to connect with someone when you aren't on the same cultural 'wavelength'.

I've veered sort of off topic but yeah. Not the coolest thing I've ever said but it's true. =/

67413479-1.jpg

Sorry, had to post that.

Back
Top Bottom