What's new

Rape Of Nanking

Elizabeth van Kampen said:
I am writing my life story in English because it is very unknown that there was a Dutch East Indies and that it was occupied by Japan. Today it is a beautiful Indonesia!!

I can only say that you're doing a great job sharing your stuff with us, and I enjoy your input. You mentioned that people in Europe aren't aware of what went on, so I think your words would be a valuable contribution. Please, keep up the good work! PS - your website is very well done.

Good job

lastmagi said:
I can only say that you're doing a great job sharing your stuff with us, and I enjoy your input. You mentioned that people in Europe aren't aware of what went on, so I think your words would be a valuable contribution. Please, keep up the good work! PS - your website is very well done.

Elizabeth, Lastmagi is my neice !

And I think your story is full of lies ! Japan did no wrong !!!!!!!!
And I seen your web-site too ! You have no right to defame or talk bad about any Japanese both living or dead ! And come August 15th you will see !

I think .....
if Iris-chang did not write Rape Of Nanking, the Japanese ppl would believe nankig incident.
Even kids understand it that was faked.

thanks iris...☝

Uh, so one story with a few lies wipes out a whole incident (as the Japanese like to refer to something). Let me tell you a story. I was debating a related issue concerning the Yasukuni Shrine matter on another forum, and the moderator (a self proclaimed right winger) shunted it off to a section that only senior members can read (of course, in his eyes its not censorship since 'some' people can read it).
So, of course, being the debative cuss that I am, I opened a thread discussing Japanese textbooks, and we end up talking about the Nanjing incident, which had been previously glossed over in the same aforementiond forum, in another thread some 3 years ago. The moderator trots out some support, even claiming about the modernizing affect, and then gets upset that I can't read Japanese articles that he posts links to. Mind you, this is in an English language forum about Japan. Then to make matters worse, he attempts to defend what and who the 731 unit tortured by informing me he spoke to one of the 'doctors' who worked in the unit, who told him that only prisoners were 'operated on'. And all this from a moderator who is a doctor today.
So let's follow his arguement, I should believe his facts because they are in Japanese for an English language forum, he talked to one of the torturers (who we should definately trust) and he doesn't want to talk about this anymore (wonder why with logic like this?).
Why does this illogical approach sound familar now?

Last edited:
gaijinalways:
you noticed that......
It dose not expect a foreigner to understand it unconsciously .
because japan was an enamy of them
if a foreigners understand it, they would not take a risk instead of the Japanese.
I think it expects a Japanese who is good at English to know a truth
that is ,the Japanese enemy is the Japanese.
if he/she realized that.
one day they can tell..

you lost me there Caster, anybody have a read on what he is trying to say? As to the Japanese being their own enemies, well that's true at least for these right-wing history revisionists.

that's true at least for these right-wing history revisionists.
again.. that is way I said like that😊
because japan was an enamy of them...............
You are also typical........
oops Let's stop sticking a stupid label....

I imagine that you told him " you are a right-wing history revisionists"

I'd suggest you read Susan Sontag's Regarding the Pain of Others.

She says that very few photos in history before the Vietnam War are authentic in the strict sense. Many of the iconic photos in the Second World War were staged, posed, or reconstructed, but many later turned into historical evidence of an impure kind.

It's not surprising that some/many of those Nanjing atrocity photos were indeed fabricated. I do believe that the authenticity of these images should be questioned. (Btw, I'm just discussing the photos. Whether the Nanjing Massacre did or did not happen is another issue. )

Last edited by a moderator:
you are wrong...

Only difference is, any land Japan took over have all been returned.
When is China gonna free Tibet and return their independence?
BTW, I'm sure China didn't take over Tibet without hurting or killing anyone.

Acturally, Tibet is a part of China from thousands of years ago. So what is "free", what is "independence"? You can go Tibet and ask anyone of Tibet people if Tibet is a "country"? I am sure no one will give you a "yes".

I am happy to see some kind Japanese with a right attitude at the WWII. We should know the truth of the war to avoid such crimes takes place again. So that we can build a good relationship and have a prosperous future!

It seems that in the course of the modern world, Most nations would prefer to forget the atrocities they have caused. Now, Im not saying that we as people of the planet Earth need to cover up the wrongs written in our past. But if we turn a blind eye to it, what will happen i the future. I realize that being an American citizen by birth, I know that there will always be people in the world, who will carry a stereotype image of my country. Human beings have always feared what they don't understand, and I will not blame anyone for not liking America. There is things, that I personally am ashamed of, because I know that in a myriad of events my country became involved, when we didn't have any reason to be there. Most of these things occurred before I was even born, so I cant and will not judge the people of those periods. Due to the knowledge I have gained is through materials and means, that can be slanted to the authors views.

Back
Top Bottom