What's new

U.S. Marine arrested on suspicion of raping 14-year-old girl in Okinawa

1 Feb 2008
U.S. Marine arrested on suspicion of raping 14-year-old girl in Okinawa

Monday, February 11, 2008 at 12:20 EST

NAHA — Police in Okinawa Prefecture arrested a 38-year-old U.S. Marine on Monday on suspicion of raping a 14-year-old local girl. The suspect, Tyrone Hadnott, a staff sergeant who belongs to the Camp Courtney base, has denied raping the girl, saying he only got on top of her and kissed her, police said.

According to nvestigators, Hadnott is suspected of raping the girl inside a car parked on a street in the town of Chatan around 10:30 p.m. Sunday.

The Marine and the girl allegedly met about two hours earlier in the city of Okinawa, when he talked to the girl and two of her friends.

She agreed to ride on Hadnott's motorbike with him because she thought he would give her a ride home, according to police.

But the suspect took her to his house and tried to kiss her, they said. When the girl started crying, the serviceman told her he would take her to her home in his car, and the two got into his vehicle.

After the girl left her friends, they called her mobile phone several times, the investigators said. They made an emergency call to the police around 10:20 p.m. after the girl replied "Help me" and hung up the phone.

Hadnott was arrested early Monday after he was found inside his car in front of his house.

© 2008 Kyodo News. All rights reserved. No reproduction or republication without written permission.

A girl is bad, too,
Because she rode a motorcycle of a man at midnight.
Her parent is bad, too,
They neglected discipline of a daughter.

What the hell are you talking about?

It is not the girl or her parents that are to blame.

I agree that the girl should have known better than to go with the man, but the fact of the matter is that the person who tried to commit a crime was the man.

I have no sympathy for him, and I hope that the faces consequences to match his actions.

For the girl's sake, I hope that he is telling the truth, and he only kissed her.

In Japan,
A parent has managerial responsibility for a child.
It was only girls at midnight, and a thing is a problem.
It is a problem it was only in girls at night.
She is not with the man if the girl had a general education.

I do not protect United States Armed Forces soldier.

If the girl had commonsense self-defense consideration, this was able to be prevented.

Thank you mr. newcaster. But where is your own opinion on this matter? If you just want to bring news you can go and bring it to other websites, not here.

I'm sure he only did it to stir the pot DB. Either way it would have eventually made it on the forum anyway. We've been discussing this one since early morning here.

I am glad to see Hiroyuki's comments, being that he is a native Japanese. I feel the same way, the girl must shoulder a good bit of the blame, but I also agree that this idiot should be sent to jail and he himself should become the victim of sexual abuse...then he will know what it is like.

The US Forces stations all over the world. People of other countries have the same problem?
In Japan many rapes committed by GIs in the past. I think that the most of GIs are well trained and keep discipline, and their crime rate is very low. However, once it happens, it seems to be a very brutal crime like murder or rape.
I want to hear from US servicemen, what do you think about this stupid GI? Is he a disgrace to the US Forces?

Is he innocence about the rape and just kissing her?
If it's so, I say he is a stupid man again. this 38-year-old staff sergeant should know that it's a crime to take 14-year-old girl to his home. (Is it same in the US?)

"ナ誰ナスqナ?テォ窶堋、窶堋ォ窶堙俄?ケテ淒?テア窶堙ァ窶堋ク" to both side.

In every country, sexual violation (rape) exists everywhere.
One single incident does not necessarily become a social issue.
Since Okinawa is a small village, such small incident may be a big event.

I don't think so.
The biggest reason it becomes a social issue is that those committed the crime got away with it - at least in the past, as the system is being changed.

I agree with hanachan saying "that the most of GIs are well trained and keep discipline, and their crime rate is very low" but if you see a soldier from other country commit crime in your own country and get away with it (even though he's sure to be punished if he did it in his home country), you cannot help feeling angry as well as very concerned that same things would happen again and again.

Another reason is that yes, Okiniawa is rather small (but it is not a village but islands!) while there are many, many US soldiers stationed there, compared with other part of Japan.
For the people in Okinawa, seeing US soldiers everyday is part of their life.

Because it is only Korea that a rape is a daily occurrence.:eek:
Most of the criminals of rape incident in Japan are Koreans.
I offer it if you want a document.
In addition, I offer a news picture.

Rape happens in all countries by all cultures around the world .

The worst part is that if it happens in many Muslim countries, the female victim is the one that gets punished, usually whipping, or the worst a public execution!

The worst part is that if it happens in many Muslim countries, the female victim is the one that gets punished, usually whipping, or the worst a public execution!

Is it hearsay knowledge or knowledge based on your experience?

And what do you mean from this?
Even if anything happens in Muslim countries or not, it has nothing to do with this rape case.

Is it hearsay knowledge or knowledge based on your experience?

And what do you mean from this?
Even if anything happens in Muslim countries or not, it has nothing to do with this rape case.

She may be muslim.

Afghanistan was one such country before it was liberated..

Kyoto is just stating what would happen if this was another country with Muslim as the primary religion. Especially since the girl's guilt is also being questioned. I too hope he gets what he deserves. Who knows, the girl could have been trying to portray someone she wasn't to attract the guy. Not saying this is the case but As of right now only those 2 know the truth.

Rape case by Korean.
The family where a Korean stays with,
He rapes a girl of 6 years old and a boy of 4 years old.

A Korean rapes 18 women.

A Korean ties up a woman and rapes it.

A Korean student,
The woman of cellular phones testifies that it is easy to aim.

A Korean rapes ten women.

A Korean rapes a female high school student.

In Kyoto,
A Korean says that "I want you to lend a lavatory" and enters a private house,He rapes six women.
http://joseino.hp.infoseek.co.jp/aa13.jpg
It is consecutive rape robbers in Osaka.
サービス終了のお知らせ
A Korean clergyman rapes 35 girls.
http://joseino.hp.infoseek.co.jp/aa16.PNG
A Korean rapes 19 women living in Mejiro street of Tokyo.
Korean = yakuza
Yakuza, which does the police and shooting war in Hakodate
A criminal is a Korean yakuza.

A gang leader of an arrested yakuza is a Korean.

A murderer is a Korean yakuza.

A ZAINICHI- Korean buys and sells an illegal account.

Rape happens in all countries by all cultures around the world.

Exactly. Rape happens in all countries by all cultures around the world.
Whole Okinawa people protesting against American Marine is quite funny from one single incident.

Because it is only Korea that a rape is a daily occurrence.:eek:
Most of the criminals of rape incident in Japan are Koreans.
I offer it if you want a document.
In addition, I offer a news picture.
In your dream!
By the way, What does that relate to "U.S. Marine arrested on suspicion of raping 14-year-old girl in Okinawa"?

Last edited:
In your dream!
By the way, What does that relate to "U.S. Marine arrested on suspicion of raping 14-year-old girl in Okinawa"?

I know the marine was in the US army but was he Japanese?

When the Japanese naval vessells land in Sydney, the sailors head up to Kings Cross for a shag with the girls, and I even heard a few were gay!

Rape case by Korean.
The family where a Korean stays with,
He rapes a girl of 6 years old and a boy of 4 years old.

A Korean rapes 18 women.

A Korean ties up a woman and rapes it.

A Korean student,
The woman of cellular phones testifies that it is easy to aim.

A Korean rapes ten women.

A Korean rapes a female high school student.

In Kyoto,
A Korean says that "I want you to lend a lavatory" and enters a private house,He rapes six women.
http://joseino.hp.infoseek.co.jp/aa13.jpg
It is consecutive rape robbers in Osaka.
サービス終了のお知らせ
A Korean clergyman rapes 35 girls.
http://joseino.hp.infoseek.co.jp/aa16.PNG
A Korean rapes 19 women living in Mejiro street of Tokyo.
Korean = yakuza
Yakuza, which does the police and shooting war in Hakodate
A criminal is a Korean yakuza.

A gang leader of an arrested yakuza is a Korean.

A murderer is a Korean yakuza.

A ZAINICHI- Korean buys and sells an illegal account.

Whoa Hiroyuki..

You want to eat some strong Kim-Chi to calm you down LOL..

Onion-hosayo!

Back
Top Bottom