What's new

After you watch the film "Nanking" ,you will sure say:...

If I'm not mistaken, all of Japan's royalty, the Imperial House of Japan are claimed to be descended for Amaterasu. Not just Hirohito.
Am I wrong? Also, what's so nationalistic and wrong about this religious idea?

Exactly that claim plus the supposed to be "bloodline" was built up for the followers and to gain national strength. Its undertandable in the whole context though, and a clever idea.
I do like the Amaterasu idea as such (only concerning Amaterasu and Co.) in general though, very much so even, and often try to explain it to friends with joy, but independant of all that followed, and just as an image. A fine one indeed! No doubt at all.

there was no war that civillian was not involved as a victim.:(
However Japan never did the ethnic cleansing

You must be joking! The Korea issue also was very close to this!
With Nazi-ideologies even, blinded by my own kind here.
What did you do these wars for anyhow?
Don't say, the Chinese or Koreans started it.
Well, we know. You must not answer.

I also once more blame my own ancestors for same reasons, but none of you seem to look at theirs, and thats strange these days. . .
For many, who mention Japan.

Sorry, I don't know, who Arahitogami is.
Arahitogami is the Japanese word for a person who is a God.
Yes, I am denying, that a person can be god, since god is, if I ever believe in this concept, everything and everyone, not just one person.
Ah, a Pantheist. I'm a bit of a Pantheist too. A Pandeist actually.
As an Animist/Shamanist religion, Shinto is supposed to a bit this way too. But it's also polytheist animist/shamanist(much like the Germanic and Uralic Pagan religions). Meaning everything is spirit but there are clumps.

Don't you believe spiritual matter is heavier with some that with others? Do you truly believe that all spiritual matter is all evenly distributed?

But this belongs to a religious thread, concerning the idea of God in general. There you can read more, please.
Ah yes, I should make a thread for this subject. I'll be making one now and continuing it there.

Hirohito was no god for sure, and it is wellknown, when and why this story was made up.
It belongs to the past.
Emperor, why not, thats understandable, even if self claimed at first in such dynasties. Thats what they all do. Its just a worldly power game.

Sorry, I don't like your these words.

In my opinion,
Japanese Emperor is a kind of shaman in the Shinto, different from emperors and kings in Europe.
He continues a closed event every day.
He has been the Japanese totem which continued as one country more than 2000 years.
Why continues the Pope being succeeded to?
I think that Japanese Emperor has the same meaning.

Kireikoori:
Yes, please, do make an extra thread (A general god thread does exist already), I would in fact love to talk to you about this, esp. concerning japanese views, we both can only learn this way, I hope.
But I will be busy for a bit more than a week, our Berlinale Filmfestival, you know, I have to check the "asian post" in there, as I call it.;-)

In my opinion,
Japanese Emperor is a kind of shaman in the Shinto, different from emperors and kings in Europe.
He has been the Japanese totem which continued as one country more than 2000 years.

You must not get puzzled by our western understandings, the worldly thread and the church one divided herabout longtime ago.
I do agree in (and would welcome) the general (not related to the japanese emperor here, please) idea of a basic shaman as additionally a wise worldly leader, an all in one person, but that belongs to ages ago in most cases, because of very corrupt worldly parts in this already.

You might also like to join in the suggested new thread from Kireikoo.
And, please, don't feel misunderstood, you may find out, that I understand much better than you think. Lets sort this out, I am also all ears then, and had lots of nice talks about it in Japan itself, always friendly, by the way. :)

if masscre/rape of nanking never happened, then holocaust never happened.

why does japan keep denying the facts when there are facts all over the place? there are many corpses buried in nanking, you see photo evidences, there are also eye-witnesses, even formal japanese soldiers say they did commit the atrocity.

is japan in state of denial? probably they are scared of truth? which one is it?

Why does Korea keep denying the facts when there are facts all over the place?
Korea was on our side at that time. Korean soldiers also in Nanking then?

Anyway Korea celebrated the fall of Nanking in 1937.

Nanjing massacre and Korea

Chi65,
Thank you.:)

Last edited:
what did japan do against korea?😊
you mean this one?

Sorry, I cannot follow this thread any further for simple time reasons(I need more for myself right now, because I am not the fastest any more, plus have a lot ahead. . .), it may also belong to Korea and Japan relations.

I will nevertheles watch, thank you. But as said, I am for years closely connected with China, Korea and Japan and have not been sleeping, nor always worn only pink glasses at all.
I also do welcome any of your critics on us Germans and past as well, honestly! If it helps both sides, even better. OK?

Be well!

Hehe ,today is the Spring Festival (Chinese New Year's Day )

We use the firework to celebrate the Spring Festival ~!

And thank you :panzer and Chi65 . I am glad to read the words from you .

japanese believe they never commited nanjing masscre and brutality against koreans.

what a riot!

I'm very happy that Germany didn't hide what they did during WWII like bunch of cowards.

apparently, japanese government is good at brainswashing their own citizens to hide the truth.

As for the Koreans celebrating the fall of Nanking.

Maybe several reasons to consider:

1. they were already occupied (not allied to nor siding freely) by the Japanese, which means, they did as they were told.

and/or

2. they had their own severe troubles with China for long and thus may have thought, Japan is the smaller evil, lets stop the bigger one first via using the smaller one etc., themselves being just a small country, constantly run over by bigger ones. . .and if it helps to get rid of Chinese influences and traumas, well, maybe its not THAT bad to play being on Japanese side, at least in this and for a while.

But be sure, they are not a forgetting country at all, as soon as possible, they shake any invader off, from tradition. The simple fact, that they still exist, be it in two parts, shows, how immensely strong and courageous they really are. They should not be underrated at all. Also in bridging and passing on cultures, they have always been a gem and very powerfull, and would soo much love to be left alone and just do their arts, as they have told me many times.

I personally am also very much on their side in this!

Last edited:
japanese believe they never commited nanjing masscre and brutality against koreans.
what a riot!
I'm very happy that Germany didn't hide what they did during WWII like bunch of cowards.
apparently, japanese government is good at brainswashing their own citizens to hide the truth.

Lets say, we Germans tried at least and can only recommend doing so. Any other way is meaningless and in fact, cowardish indeed (sorry, but a fact).
All that zigzagging proves the real thing/trouble/guilt behind. It poisons and blinds the mind after a while, not to mention the paranoia, that it builds up. And that can very well lead to new uncontrolled outbreaks. Ask any psychologist. While facing would immediately cure.
While any racist blabla heats up for new wars.

But thats not new, we often had this theme here in Berlin, particularly during the Berlinale, since many young and old japanese filmers do try to name it and research on their own, very successfully even, and they know very well, that we are the ones to watch and listen, without blaming, being aware of our own deeds. We even pass on prices for this!! We nevertheless accept Japan's good sides after all this, as you can see.
Therefore we may know more here, than the native people in Japan.
Any agreeing in the past's wrongs would win sympathies again.
Thats our experience, and we wish to pass this on, amongst friends.
May it be heard.

Yes, 4321go,
and Happy New Year to everybody!!

We even pass on prices for this!! We nevertheless accept Japan's good sides after all this, as you can see.
Therefore we may know more here, than the native people in Japan.
Any agreeing in the past's wrongs would win sympathies again.
Thats our experience, and we wish to pass this on, amongst friends.
May it be heard.

😊😊.......................

Last edited:
America has done the same thing. Just a bit more politically correct, and justified by propaganda.

America was mad because Japan was attempting to conquer and colonize the lands europe and themselves had already conquered and colonized for themselves.

Nanking was a much more efficient way to colonize and secure land and resources.

America has done the same thing. Just a bit more politically correct, and justified by propaganda.
.......Nanking was a much more efficient way to colonize and secure land and resources

This is complete idioticy. The "Rape Of Nanking" in WWII has no parallel with American history. Nothing happened on that scale, and such brutality. You can go with events such as "Wounded Knee", but the scale and brutality are not even close. And as for American slavery, a civil war occured to stop it.

Anyways, WWII has become ancient history.
_.

Respond to First Post

-
I guess if I had read the first post, I would n-o-t have wasted my time on such a biased hate filled thread.

Lets face it.
- -> WWII is becoming ancient history
- - > With the Internet, books and movies, the truth is very available to even the youngest Japanese citizen.

First posting
I will say:Wipe the evil Japanese out from the world once for all! the A boom is not the end , but just the start!!

Do we have the chance? sure ~

now there are so many evil Japanese , they are the virus .and the anti virus project is moving ~!

I knew I would have to deal with this issue sooner or later...

While the speculation on whether or not Nanking happened is pointless (there is sufficient evidence to prove that it happened) Between 150,000 and 350,000 people were killed. Civilian or military, guilty or innocent, they are all the same. America killed civilians in Vietnam, and they kill civilians in Iraq. It has happened in every culture to some extent. This should show that all humans are equal. We should work toward preventing disasters such as Nanking and the atomic bombings of Najasaki and Hiroshima instead of fighting about whether or not it they were justified.

Iris Chang's book and my own research say that the Japanese decided to kill the inhabitants of the city because they did not have the supplies to feed them or the space to accomodate both the Chinese and their army. If they were to take Nanking, they needed those supplies. Wartime Japan was considered to be waging "total war" in which you fight against everything in the country. Logically (and this may sound cold) civilians are expendable in total war. Also, those times were desperate times for Japan, and any country in war.

Those people who are so offended by civilian casualties should avoid war.

I can shorten that: People should avoid war.

The actions of a nation of one era to another should not cripple the empathy a human being can feel for another, or make them think wrongly of another human being. What control of it did they have?

Its unjust to judge someone by what their ancestors did.

The only problem I have with Japan is that Nanking has been played down and removed from textbooks, and no one wanted to face the issue because Japan wanted smoother trade with China. This still goes on today, but I hope the Japanese (and the Chinese) can one day finally put Nanking behind them.

Its unjust to judge someone by what their ancestors did.

The only problem I have with Japan is that Nanking has been played down and removed from textbooks.

This still goes on today, but I hope the Japanese (and Chinese) can one day finally put Nanking behind them.

Ditto ... Ditto ... 🙂

Only ' time " can heal old wounds 😌

Ditto ... Ditto ... 🙂
Only ' time " can heal old wounds 😌

Time and understanding. ^^

In my opinion,

This is the truth. Its irresponsible to believe that the Japanese way and meaning of "king" is the same as Europeans. The United Kingdom still has a Queen, I don't see people bitching about that.

The King or Queen or Emperor are supposed to embody everything that is good about their culture and give the people hope. Like how the Emperor consoles Japan in times of need, or how Queen Elizabeth was down with her people during the Blitzkrieg.

Last edited:
China welcomes first Japanese warship since WWII
by Marianne Barriaux
Tue Jun 24, 1:51 PM ET

ZHANJIANG, China (AFP) - The first Japanese warship to visit China since World War II arrived Tuesday in a dramatic sign of improving relations between East Asia's two major powers.

The 4,650-ton destroyer Sazanami 「漣」, sailing from Kure in western Hiroshima prefecture and carrying earthquake relief supplies, steamed into the port city of Zhanjiang in the southern Chinese province of Guangdong.

Local residents said the port call was a promising sign of warming ties, but amid the words of welcome was an undertone of pride that China was increasingly dealing with Japan as an equal rather than a poor cousin.

"Before, the Japanese invaded us, but now we're gradually accepting them because their attitude has become better," said Wu Peizhi, a Zhanjiang resident having lunch near where the Sazanami was to dock.

In another sign of the thaw, Japan and China said earlier this month they had struck a breakthrough deal to jointly develop gas fields claimed by both sides in the East China Sea.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080624/wl_asia_afp/chinajapanmilitarydiplomacy

http://www.worldjournal.com/wj-inst-news.php?nt_seq_id=1735863

The Chinese navy destroyer, Shenzhen, paid a four-day visit to Tokyo in November 2007 as part of the activities marking the 35th anniversary of the normalization of bilateral ties.

It's also the first visit by a Chinese warship to Japan since 1891.

I'm so grateful that my Japanese friends & I can put WWII behind us and move forward into a new age of friendship. That is all.

I'm one to say that people are milking the incident, just like the "Holocaust".
Yes, there was such an atrocity, but people are going overboard.

I'm one to say that people are milking the incident, just like the "Holocaust".
Yes, there was such an atrocity, but people are going overboard.

Its human nature. The fact that it happened and the fact that people would have the nerve to try to cash in on it (through books, movies, and some Chinese claiming false reparations) are equally disgusting to me.

Then again, most people disgust me. :)

I say it's typical Zionist (read Jewish) propaganda.

Made in Hollywood and based on re-written history.

Nanking was not nice. I'm convinced it was not a deliberately planned and orchestrated assault on the citizens of Nanking, rather a simple breakdown of discipline due to a lack of senior officers.

Hell! My country, the UK just wins the wars so its dirty deeds are effectively swept under the proverbial carpet.

But believe it if it suits your bleeding irrational hearts. And take heed of the brainwashed Chinese and Koreans who post this kind of affront as a slap in the face for the nation which educated the primitive war-time neighbours of Japan. Maybe this masochistic approach is a welcome relief from the normal monotony of the treadmill?

Me? I'll just scoff at the amusing allegations by the victors in the wars and do the research myself.

Back
Top Bottom