What's new

New to J-Music! What are your recommendations?

My two fave jbands is School Food Punishment and Bump of Chicken. Not many people i know have ever heard of them though o_O they are both kinda... indie, light rock, electro(?) but they are really good. like first time i heard school food punishment i was like "O.Owhere have you been all my life?"
Both are really good and i wanna spread them to people XD

Please, listen to Kishimoto Hayami ナ?テ昶?怒窶伉≫?督「
The cutest Japanese singer <3

If you are into heavy metal, you can't go wrong with Yellow Machinegun, Dir en grey, X Japan or Seikima II. A dream tour for me would be Seikima II touring with King Diamond.

I recommend Vocaloid music. Vocaloid is a computer software which comes with an artificial voice which can be used as a synthesizer. Sure if you're not into it, the voices are represented as anime characters, but the music can be very deep and truly expresses the emotion of the writers and composers. I believe Vocaloid music can deliver an experience like no other. You feel a true connection with other fans, because the idols are not human. Most songs are not commercially moved, so it really makes way for much creation and expression. I recommend the 6 main Crypton Vocaloids. They are Hatsune Miku, Rin Kagamine, Len Kagamine, Meiko, Kaito, and Luka Megurine. I will list some songs now.
Hatsune Miku
-Black Rock Shooter
-Cantarella (This features Kaito)
-Chaining Intention
-Clover Club
-Colorful x Melody (This features Rin Kagamine)
-Dance of Many
-Eh? Ah sou
-Electric Angel
-Hajimeteno Koi Ga Owarutoki
-Hajimete No Oto
-Hatsune Miku no Gekishou
-Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu
-Heart Breaker
-Himitsu Keisatsu (Sometimes called in the English-speaking Vocaloid community, "Secret Police")
-Hinekuremono
-Jugemu Shiikensaa
-Kocchi Muite Baby
-Kogane no Seiya Sousetsu ni Kuchite
-Koi Ha Sensou
-KuruKuru Mark No Sugoiyatsu
-Magnet (This feature Megurine Luka)
-Matryoshka (This one also has a non-Crypton Vocaloid, GUMI)
-Melt
-Miku Miku Ni Shite Ageruツ?エ
-Nightmare Party Night
-Promise (This features Rin Kagamine)
-Rollin' Girl
-Romio and Cinderella
-Senbonzakura
-Sing & Smile
-Sono Ichibyou Slow Motion
-Strobe Nights
-Tell Your World
-Time Machine
-Torinoko City (Sometimes called in the English-speaking Vocaloid community, "Left Behind City")
-Tricolor Airline
-Unhappy Refrain
-Uraomote Lovers
-Usotsuki No Parade
-Weekender Girl
-The World Is Mine
-World's End Dancehall (This features Megurine Luka)
-Yellow
-Yumeyume
-----------------
Rin Kagamine

-Gemini (This feautures Len Kagamine
-Iroha Uta
-Melancholic
-Meltdown
-Migikata No Chou (Sometimes called in the English-speaking Vocaloid community, "Butterfly On Your Right Shoulder" Also, there are two versions, the Rin Kagamine version, then the Len Kagamine version.)
-Rimokon (This features Len Kagamine)
-Tokyo Teddy Bear
----------
Len Kagamine
-Migikata No Chou (Sometimes called in the English-speaking Vocaloid community, "Butterfly On Your Right Shoulder" Also, there are two versions, the Rin Kagamine version, then the Len Kagamine version.)
-Fireflower
-Monochrome Dream Eater
-----------
Kaito
-Ashes To Ashes
-------
Meiko
-Nostalogic
-Stay With Me
-Colorful x Sexy (This features Megurine Luka)
-------
Megurine Luka
-Double Lariat
-Dye
-Just Be Friends
-Luka Luka Night Fever
-Megane
-No Logic
----SPECIAL CASES-----
-Acute (This song is sung by Hatsune Miku, Kaito, and Luka Megurine)

It's fun to listen to Hoshino Gen. I like his "Himawari no Yakusoku" and "Koi dance".

These days I'm really into "Begin" and "Nakajima Miyuki"

My favourite Japanese song is for now Arpeggio from Japanese rock group Alexandros (Main theme from video game Judgment: Judge eyes Shinigami no Yugion)

J-music has been going around for some time now. It is good to see that there are a lot of people taking interest in J-music. Here are some of J-idols you might want to listen to:
  • BABYMETAL
  • One Pixel
  • Exile The Second
  • Morning Musume
  • Kumiyado
  • SKE 48
  • SixTONES

Just heard this peculiar album. A kind of Gagaku Synth Jazzy Noise Rock
It is called Hikikomori by Warui Musuko:

Lucifer Luscious Violenoue allllll the wayyyyy. All her songs are just so divine, and her videos are just *chefs kiss*

Im overall new to J Music so I know mostly modern ones, some I recommend are

LiSA
Yuuri
One OK Rock
Babymetal
Utada Hikaru (a legend at this point)
Yoasobi (really like Gunjo song too)
Hamasaki Ayumi
B'Z (legends too)

For ones into girls or boy bands, there are AKB48, Arashi, Niziu, INI, and others

Back
Top Bottom