What's new

Need a word or phrase translated?

Ah, right. It must be so. It does make sense perfectly. :) 酉 never occured to me since there is an extra horizontal line inside the square.

It's more colloquial/poetic in that form but it's fine for your purpose. Either way it means "Remember me."
Perfect. So both are correct, thank you!
Now i'm asking for a translation from english to kanji (and romanji for pronunciation)

"innocence"
"remembrance"
"refusal"
"rejection"
"hesitation"
"acceptance"
"death"
"reincarnation"
"lost memories"

Thank you very much for your patience!

風邪をひく is a set phrase, so ひく is used only with 風邪. If you want to say you have hay fever, it's simply 花粉症です.

風邪をひく is a set phrase, so ひく is used only with 風邪. If you want to say you have hay fever, it's simply 花粉症です.
Hey thanks. Glad I asked. It's hay fever time now. Might be a bad year for those suffering from it. Also, have you noticed all the dust/sand in the air lately. Really bad nowadays.

Hi everyone!

I came across the phrase ホームナビゲーター. Does it mean real estate agent?

Here is the phrase in context:

I've never heard that term, but quick google search results suggest that it's 住宅展示場での営業, i.e., housing sales staff (in a housing exhibition).

Thanks!

Sometimes these 'Katakana English' words can be quite confusing. (I cannot help but wonder if these words are confusing for Japanese people too.)

Yes, I wouldn't get the correct meaning without searching it. I initially thought that it referred to 道案内 or something.😅

How to say "little house of meditation" as euphemism for toilet?
瞑想所, 瞑想殿, 黙想処 - all these are not good enough I think.

瞑想庵 - Meisōan

but its a bit too obvious. I would try to find a different word other than meisō. Some kind of word that implies or hints at quiet meditation, without stating it so frankly.

I am confused by these two sentences.

1. 彼はなくなりました。
2. 彼はいなくなりました。

One means he is not here. The other means he died. Which is which?

I came across the word ロコミ while watching a travel video about Japan. What does it mean? It is displayed in the screen "subtitle" at the 7:01 point in this video:

口コミ (くちこみ) is a commentary. Usually in the context of evaluation/recommendation (hotel, restaurant review etc.). But may as well be any comment on the Internet.

Yeah, 口コミ means commentary/evaluation/recommendation via verbal communication (= 口 "mouth" + コミ "communication"), not only face-to-face verbal communication but including via the net, opposite to mass communication (i.e., via TV, newspapers, magazines, etc.). Thus, 旅行の口コミサイト refers to an internet forum regarding travel there.

Wow. I would have never guessed くちこみ with its corresponding meaning. Thanks to the both of you.

Hi everyone!
Please help me understand what is written in the green circle and translate it.
l think he's just having fun, but I'm not sure, because can't read some words correctly.

kll;.jpg

悪い男や
何人泣かしとんねん
あのとろっとろの
猫なで声で

コレとか

What is your translation?

Back
Top Bottom