What's new

Need a Kanji Translated? Just ask!

Hi, it's not exactly a kanji question, but I was wondering if you could help me figure out what this sign might refer to?
hag17_0114a.jpg

It's 〇 with 火 inside, then 天 in the middle and 〇 at the end. It's a sign at some building at a highway parking spot.
Also, I have a name of the restaurant next to it, I just wanted to make sure about the reading of the kanji. I think it would be EINA. Woudl you agree?

Also, additional question, does anyone know what a 中央レストラン is? I know it literally means central, but is it like a main restaurant of this parking area?

hag17_0118a.jpg

It's 〇 with 火 inside, then 天 in the middle and 〇 at the end. It's a sign at some building at a highway parking spot.
Seems like a tempura restaurant name and its logo (the first one) to me.

I think it would be EINA. Woudl you agree?
Probably yes.

Also, additional question, does anyone know what a 中央レストラン is? I know it literally means central, but is it like a main restaurant of this parking area?
Many interpretations are possible, but I don't think it's "main restaurant of the area".

Could you tell me, what you think that 中央 might mean?

Eristy,

中央 (chūō) means "center". It is often used in words like 中央 通り (chūō dōri) "main street" and 中央口 (chūō guchi) "main entrance (to a train station, etc.)".

Could you tell me, what you think that 中央 might mean?
If it's used in location names like 中央レストランビル, 中央レストラン棟 or 中央レストランエリア, there's no problem to interpret it as "main", but the restaurant name 中央レストラン sounds odd. If 会依那 is a chain restaurant or something, and 中央 is one of them, 中央店 is the most common name. Or, if 会依那 is a location name, 会依那中央 can mean "Central Eina", but the sign doesn't allow this interpretation. Anyway, if I were you, I would simply translate it to Eina Chūō Restaurant since 中央区/中区 or 北区 is usually translated just to Chūō-Ku(Ward)/Naka-Ku(Ward) or Kita-Ku(Ward), not Central Ward or North Ward, respectively.

EDIT:
I've just come across an idea; a miswriting of 中華レストラン. Well, natives would never make these kinds of mistakes, though.

Hi Guys!

Could you please help me translate the following kanji symbols? They are part of some designs and I believe that are individual words, not necessary phrases. Also, in pic no.2 the bottom kanji is one symbol or 2 symbols very close together?

Thank You!

No.1
Kanji.JPG

No.2
Kanji2.jpg

No.3
Kanji3.JPG

1. 現代武術
modern martial art(s)

2. 力量
ability
(The second one is a single character, as in the above.)

3. 幸运
good luck/good fortune
(The second character is used only in main land China or Singapore. 運 is used in Japan or Taiwan.)

Hello, could some lovely person help me figure out what the kanji sentence on this souvenir katana mean? Thank you very much in advance! :)
Screenshot_20190922-073408_Gallery.jpg

血気の勇を戒むること
Guard against impetuous courage.

That's one of the five rules of Japan Karate Association.

Hey guys, could you assist me with this one? It's quite short. Thank you very much! 😊

Attachments

• 31982231.jpg
    31982231.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 240
hi I did make a separate thread about this so apologies in advance for double posting but I'm hoping someone here can tell me what these two characters on an old Katana sword are? I'm semi thinking the lower symbol is hikari (light). Thank you in advance Tony

Attachments

• 9JAPANESESWORD.jpg
    9JAPANESESWORD.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Hi everyone! I got this photo from a friend of a friend. It's some kind of document of some missionary. Could someone help me recognize the signs on the left? I can only read the last one, 行. I know they are faded, but for now, I cannot get a better photo.

Also, I recognize the first four kanji on the right 西比利亜 and if I'm not mistaken, they mean Siberia. But can you help me with the next one and what it could mean in connection with the 由?

76959415_2451223384927244_8932821107052904448_n.jpg

Hi! A student of mine wants the same kanji embroidered on their new black belt as on mine. Trouble is, I can't remember exactly what it means! I know the middle two say "karate", but can anyone translate it all please? Many thanks lovely people!

Attachments

• IMG_20191202_210416.jpg
    IMG_20191202_210416.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 197
Back
Top Bottom