What's new

Need a Kanji Translated? Just ask!

Yea... The second kanji looks very weird. It's like combination of お without 、and deformedと or 十.
But there can't be hiragana in name I think...
Does anyone know where and how can I solve this mystery?

My best wild guess is a very poorly made 本 in (mimic) cursive script, but I also think another possibility that the inscriber themselves might actually not know what they insribed...

So the most likely anwser is Mitsumoto Ichirō
I think the most likely answer is that it is a fake signature (which is what Toritoribe-san was politely hinting at). You could post pictures of the blade itself and that would remove any doubt. You could also post to the Nihonto Message Board, which is a forum for Japanese sword enthusiasts. They can advise as well

So I guess it's just a fake wallhanger decoration. I have only those pictures.

48754900475584379d887e52e1bd

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 163
Any help on this one please?
The free translation I am given is "aim for the highest", so I assume the LH (2nd?) character is 高. The RH character looks like 仲, but that seems unlikely, so my guess is either 伸 or 仰.
Many thanks.

Attachments

• renmei_motto.png
    renmei_motto.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 167
こうぎょう

EDIT:
supplemental explanation
高仰 is not a common compound word, so there is no "correct" reading of the word. こうぎょう is the most common one, but there is no problem to read it in different way, for instance たかくあおぐ as a kanbun-like reading.

Last edited:
Greetings... May I have assistance translating these characters? Thanks!

Attachments

• 20190209_135859.jpg
    20190209_135859.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 20190209_135837.jpg
    20190209_135837.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 134
Hello I believe this is kanji but if not I apologize I have a friend who forgot what it meant and really would love if it can be translated sorry it's so blurry!!

Attachments

• 28CD377D-BC75-497D-9FD8-8F12BB2DFE99.jpeg
    28CD377D-BC75-497D-9FD8-8F12BB2DFE99.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 148
Hello all!

I was wondering if someone could help me with this. I need to know the translation of the following Kanji (or at least I think/hope they're Kanji). I'm in need of a digital version of this so I can use them in a flyer design asked by a friend. He claims they are Japanese characters for a Martial Arts club (Tai Jutsu style), but I am not sure about that.

Hope you guys can help me with this! I blurred out the other non essential info, but didn't crop the image to improve the pic resolution.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_20190424_001934.jpg

That's 柔; the first kanji of 柔道 Judo or 柔術 Jujutsu. The main meaning of the kanji is "soft". 柔道 is named from a proverb 柔よく剛を制す "Soft conquers hard".

Thanks a lot Toritoribe!

The strokes seem to be a bit 'off' in the emblem compared to the real kanji I now can find online (perhaps that was why I couldn't find it in the first place). Is this something that could be interpreted as artistic freedom or a different writing style, or is it just simply a mistake?

Thank you for the fast reply!

Back
Top Bottom