What's new

Need a Kanji Translated? Just ask!

The first thing in that string is not a kanji. It is a logo of the company. In this case, the company is Jūfuku Suisan (重複水産).
I think officially its called a nijirushi (荷印) which means "packing mark", but most people call it a yagō (屋号) or "company mark/name".

Actually its more like a brand (as in a brand a rancher puts on cattle). It represents a shorthand form of the business owner's name. The katakana イ inside of an angled line, probably means the owner/founder's name started with イ (something like Ichirō or Ichibei or something like that).

Most old firms had a logo like this. A site I read said that this was due to most farmers not having last names during Edo times, and they started incorporating their first name into a kind of "brand name" or "logo" so that they could easily be identified. You can see these types of old style logos everywhere. Here's a page of them

Many thanks! Yes, I at first thought is was some kanji, perhaps stylized, and before taking that pic, and me just writing it for my wife, she thought it might have been 刃 (and that I wasn't being clear about--or mistaking--what I had seen). The person that I later talked to when I took the pic was very clear in saying that it was katakana イ.

There's another logo I've seen on trucks around town--the top of 介 but with 石 instead of the third/fourth strokes in kai. That company deals in demolition of buildings and hauling away the rubble.

Hello, I am searching online for a translation from english to kanji then found this thread. Please help me to translate the word Walk by Faith because I am not confident of what I found on google translate lol. I will be needing it for my tattoo, please help. Thanks

Many thanks! Yes, I at first thought is was some kanji, perhaps stylized, and before taking that pic, and me just writing it for my wife, she thought it might have been 刃 (and that I wasn't being clear about--or mistaking--what I had seen). The person that I later talked to when I took the pic was very clear in saying that it was katakana イ.

There's another logo I've seen on trucks around town--the top of 介 but with 石 instead of the third/fourth strokes in kai. That company deals in demolition of buildings and hauling away the rubble.
Oh thank you! yes the bible phrase it is actually walk by faith not by sight, but I want it shorter. Here's what I found on google translate 信仰を持って歩む lol

That way is also a possibility. Japanese is a flexible language, and there are many ways to express this idea (and, it also changes with each new version of the Bible).
So any of those three are OK.

Hello. Can someone help me translate this one? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG20221202185334.jpg
    IMG20221202185334.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 93
There are many Japanese proficient people here who would be more than happy to help you with kanji questions. What does this character mean? What is the character for such and such?
Ask away!
No question is "too stupid", and we promise to be nice in our replies! (This is a thread to help, so negative comments are not welcome here!)
Can someone help me I can't make out the Kanji in this drawing. If you can read this handwriting please post a reply with the Kanji in text. Thank you in advance!

Oh, and this is either Japanese or Chinese.

Attachments

• 02500fb1-6b58-4bbf-89a7-0a65cb51b83c.jpeg
    02500fb1-6b58-4bbf-89a7-0a65cb51b83c.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 76
Can someone help me I can't make out the Kanji in this drawing. If you can read this handwriting please post a reply with the Kanji in text. Thank you in advance!

Oh, and this is either Japanese or Chinese.

This is Chinese, not Japanese.

好好活下去 means "Live well" or "Live life well."

If you have a chance, you should head on over to a Chinese language forum that I frequent. There are lots of native Chinese speakers over there who can help you with things like this

Thank you for the reply! I really didn't see it all this while. I will definitely head over there, I'm a little uncertain about the third Kanji but you really helped. I thought the first and second Kanji were different and now I see that they are the same.
This is Chinese, not Japanese.

好好活下去 means "Live well" or "Live life well."

If you have a chance, you should head on over to a Chinese language forum that I frequent. There are lots of native Chinese speakers over there who can help you with things like this

strange kanji.jpg

Came across this kanji. Can someone tell me the reading or just paste the character and I can look it up myself. Sorry for the trouble, if it is some old, obscure kanji form.

1697452511990.png

Can anyone read inscription (from a tenugui) please? I think the orientation is right, but not sure if it's read L-R or (vertically) R-L.
Thanks

Hi. Can somebody help me translate this? I colored it in with crayon so make it more visible.

Attachments

• 20231027_162225_resized.jpg
    20231027_162225_resized.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 20231027_162304.jpg
    20231027_162304.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom