What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

Need a Kanji Translated? Just ask!

Majestic

先輩
Reaction score
Hello Maki05, there are multiple kanji combinations that can make up these words (I'm guessing it is a name).
淡田将司
粟田正志
阿波田正史 
etc. All of these are read as "Awata Masashi". There are many other options as well.
Are you looking for the kanji for a specific person or character?

ARookie

Registered
Reaction score
ningen no (人間の) human; a person's (adj.)
Thanks! I was having doubts about the meaning. I’ve seen the first to kanjis alone, and I know for sure those mean “human”. But that third symbol (I think it’s a preposition), I thought it turned it into something completely different, with a different meaning.

Buntaro

運動不足
Reaction score
No (の) is the possessive particle. It works just like apostrophe-s in English. For example, if you want to say Ken's kimono, you would say Ken no kimono.

Another example; the word for history is rekishi, so if you want to say human history, you would say ningen no rekishi (にんげん の れきし) (人間の歴史).

Blackcatshinobi

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all! New here; hoping your community SMEs can assist. I recently found an old tenugui and cannot, for the life of me, remember the translation. 20+ years ago there was no such thing as google translate and OCR was not available to me... So, who knows, it could've been translated wrong to me the first time. Anyways, I did my best to avail myself of many ways to decipher the calligraphy.

"Kan to-ken ichi" is the best I could find, assuming google was accurate. I always assumed the tenugui was for Kendo. So, I guess "feeling and position," makes sense.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help with my wonderful little mystery bandana!

BCS

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211120-185954~2.png
    Screenshot_20211120-185954~2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 12

gabrielcr78

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hello! any help with this one would be super appreciated!.. i was thinking perhaps the first two are these: 登録??

260284634_273555898149571_9112443209885105064_n.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom